What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

45 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am being far too amused by my purchases at MBA

icecream.gif.1dd598c843706c833137521a5cae2c1a.gif

You found something to purchase? I gleaned through the preview gallery and was glad that I found another event I wanted nothing from ....

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

You found something to purchase? I gleaned through the preview gallery and was glad that I found another event I wanted nothing from ....

I had seen the lelutka offerings advertised.  I ninja shopped; landed, cammed the store, bought, left.  I have no idea what else is there :ph34r:

I am spending August over on "that other grid". 

No I didn't exit, just taking a vacation and enjoying learning some new tech. In the process I am also learning how to make things more "lag free" in SL. It all works.  This is a quick screenshot of Day 8.  Meanwhile I am still of course "here". Happily we can be a  variety of places at once by using our magical avatars.

As everyone has said the atmospheric options are spectacular. And the uploader makes most mesh makers salivate.  Of course I don't look NEAR as fashionable there. :D

5b67acf15353a_sansarday8.thumb.jpg.44c8afb465269f38e3dcdabc0483a940.jpg

• Like 7

Full mesh avatar looking at historic build. :ph34r:
Every object in the scene is made of prims, no sculpties, no meshes.

"Lost Gradens of Apollo". Built 2005 by Dane Zander. It went offline 2011.
And now it's online again, thanks to Linden Lab.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lost Gardens of Apollo/76/204/25

2018-08-06_Apollo-Historical-Build-at-Night.thumb.jpg.1a2dd22a2cc463b10c46f144a7ae6ee4.jpg

There were surprising number of newbies, around twenty. Many "born today", some a week or two old.

Another scene, everything made of prims.

2018-08-06_Apollo-Historical-Build.thumb.jpg.899465dfdd4af31102220e04c62075bb.jpg

• Like 12

Today I'm grimacing at the new Men's Dept collection.

• five lots of sweatpants
  • two lots of sweatshirts
  • two lots of sneakers
  • three lots of sportswear (basketball tops & shorts)
  • oh, and 10 lots of decor

Really? ¬¬

ETA: I got so narked about this, I blogged about it. Eight swear words in a fairly short post. Yep, not happy.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

51 minutes ago, Peony Swee*****er said:

Been playing with making makeup for the Akeruka Maia head. Having fun trying to see how small and low-lag I can make my textures and still take detailed photos.

Most textures are either 512 or 256.

but but ... we need the big textures for the mesh bodies...  xD

On 6.8.2018 at 11:09 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Today I'm grimacing at the new Men's Dept collection.

• five lots of sweatpants
  • two lots of sweatshirts
  • two lots of sneakers
  • three lots of sportswear (basketball tops & shorts)
  • oh, and 10 lots of decor

Really? ¬¬

ETA: I got so narked about this, I blogged about it. Eight swear words in a fairly short post. Yep, not happy.

and you´re not the only one... just hours before we discussed this topic on the BVN discord and both me and a friend have blogged about it, too... I´ve linked your post in mine and just put hers, too cos she blogged it a few hours ago!

https://akashasternberg.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/failure-freedom-what-the-*****/

• Like 1

On 06/08/2018 at 10:09 PM, Skell Dagger said:

I'm also tired with the lack of options. I'm not keen on street-wear stuff, and I particularly dislike the super-low-crotch shorts and trousers that seem to be everywhere at the moment. On the plus side, I'm about ready to start making mesh clothes. I saved most of your Howl page for inspiration, especially the more steampunk-ish stuff which is right down my alley. My favourite male body is Slink, so there's also that.

The minuses? I haven't put any clothes out there yet, which means I don't have any devkits. Might take a while. I'm getting the hang of weight painting, but it's still very much a work-in-progress -- I'm at the "weight a skin-tight suit with a few buttons" stage. And I'm painfully slow. :$ But as my malt has been wearing the same clothes since, oh, 2012, I have a strong incentive to get things moving.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Raindrop Drinkwater said:

I'm also tired with the lack of options. I'm not keen on street-wear stuff, and I particularly dislike the super-low-crotch shorts and trousers that seem to be everywhere at the moment. On the plus side, I'm about ready to start making mesh clothes. I saved most of your Howl page for inspiration, especially the more steampunk-ish stuff which is right down my alley. My favourite male body is Slink, so there's also that.

The minuses? I haven't put any clothes out there yet, which means I don't have any devkits. Might take a while. I'm getting the hang of weight painting, but it's still very much a work-in-progress -- I'm at the "weight a skin-tight suit with a few buttons" stage. And I'm painfully slow. :$ But as my malt has been wearing the same clothes since, oh, 2012, I have a strong incentive to get things moving.

WTF!!!! This is AWESOMEnews!!!! Much patience and nerves to you and please keep us posted *_*

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.