What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

and you´re not the only one... just hours before we discussed this topic on the BVN discord and both me and a friend have blogged about it, too... I´ve linked your post in mine and just put hers, too cos she blogged it a few hours ago!

https://akashasternberg.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/failure-freedom-what-the-*****/

"A little ranty."

Uh, that's putting it kindly ;) Thanks for linking!

7 hours ago, Raindrop Drinkwater said:

I'm also tired with the lack of options. I'm not keen on street-wear stuff, and I particularly dislike the super-low-crotch shorts and trousers that seem to be everywhere at the moment. On the plus side, I'm about ready to start making mesh clothes. I saved most of your Howl page for inspiration, especially the more steampunk-ish stuff which is right down my alley. My favourite male body is Slink, so there's also that.

The minuses? I haven't put any clothes out there yet, which means I don't have any devkits. Might take a while. I'm getting the hang of weight painting, but it's still very much a work-in-progress -- I'm at the "weight a skin-tight suit with a few buttons" stage. And I'm painfully slow. :$ But as my malt has been wearing the same clothes since, oh, 2012, I have a strong incentive to get things moving.

Definitely look forward to seeing what you make, Raindrop. I prefer Slink, too, but while female Slink body support still seems pretty strong, male body support is getting more and more rare, with many, many designers dropping support for every other body except Gianni and Jake. Jake is still in beta, for God's sake! It still has some considerable flaws (including lack of any hand AO -  which causes splayed-out fingers on a frequent basis if you don't use one of the "I've got balls the size of melons so I walk with my knees 24 inches apart" Bento AOs on the market - as well as some pretty bad neck fitting issues with the 1mm gap all around, against many mesh heads).

Doesn't matter how slowly you get there; that you're aiming for it at all is a good thing :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hate to be the devil's advocate but apparently there is a market for sweatpants in SL - damn some of the kiddies I study with in RL even come to university with those on nowaday...

*rambles on about the youth of today and their inability to uphold our cultural virtues*

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

Nostoll,   what are you doing to that cat, wait,  I don't want  to  know.

Meanwhile I am moving into my new place thanks to Zennessa, I have wine, a bed,  and a shower, the SL essentials

8.11.18room_003.png

• Like 7

A word to store owners who are participating in the Men Only Hunt: switch off your goddamn 'teleport home and ban all new avatars' limits for the duration of the hunt.

I've been taking a new alt account around that hunt to see what I can use for a Noob Dude blog post. I'm only six stores down the list and I've already been teleported home and banned by name from the region for three hours. (And, of course, if I try to go back after those three hours, I'll be sent home and banned again.)

Many newb guys are going to want to do that hunt, to get their avatar kitted out free of charge, and that creator has just given me a pretty bad impression of their store being an unwelcoming place. I won't forget that. I might have publicised their store, but now? Not a chance.

Not every newbie is a bloody griefer. Ditch the paranoia for the two measly weeks that the hunt is on for, and help the new guys to look good, damn it. ¬¬

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

A word to store owners who are participating in the Men Only Hunt: switch off your goddamn 'teleport home and ban all new avatars' limits for the duration of the hunt.

I've been taking a new alt account around that hunt to see what I can use for a Noob Dude blog post. I'm only six stores down the list and I've already been teleported home and banned by name from the region for three hours. (And, of course, if I try to go back after those three hours, I'll be sent home and banned again.)

Many newb guys are going to want to do that hunt, to get their avatar kitted out free of charge, and that creator has just given me a pretty bad impression of their store being an unwelcoming place. I won't forget that. I might have publicised their store, but now? Not a chance.

Not every newbie is a bloody griefer. Ditch the paranoia for the two measly weeks that the hunt is on for, and help the new guys to look good, damn it. ¬¬

Looks like some stores don't want to sell stuff ... I'm with Skell here. If getting your sample of work from the hunt turns into a hassle (for me or any friends of mine) you'll likely make it onto my "never buy there again" list ...

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

If getting your sample of work from the hunt turns into a hassle (for me or any friends of mine) you'll likely make it onto my "never buy there again" list ...

Exactly. I don't mind exercising my Cam-Fu and using tricks like Wireframe Mode while actually hunting for the object. That's what hunts are for, after all; they're not supposed to be easy. I just prefer to be given the chance to do that without being summarily booted home before anything even rezzes!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.