Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

I played around with a hud 360 picture system maybe 2 years ago.  It was a pain to use because I had to stitch it together in a separate program after preparing the pics in GIMP or some other edit software.  Here is one on a VR hosting site I found back then.

Bourbon Street

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another, slightly different pic from the same shoot earlier today. I've finished this one in B&W. I'm not sure I don't prefer this pic.

Coffee-and-Basquiat-Blank-B&W.png

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Another, slightly different pic from the same shoot earlier today. I've finished this one in B&W. I'm not sure I don't prefer this pic.

Coffee-and-Basquiat-Blank-B&W.png

the B&W works well for this picture (or is it this picture works well with B&W)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

the B&W works well for this picture (or is it this picture works well with B&W)

Yes, I agree! It's funny how that works: the colours and much of the composition in my first short are the same as in this one, but I didn't like it in black and white. I'm tempted to say it has something to do with the facial expression and head position, which is the main difference (although there is a bit of a difference in the framing and angle as well).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes, I agree! It's funny how that works: the colours and much of the composition in my first short are the same as in this one, but I didn't like it in black and white. I'm tempted to say it has something to do with the facial expression and head position, which is the main difference (although there is a bit of a difference in the framing and angle as well).

I think, for me, it's the facial expression and head position that catch my attention in this version, whereas in the earlier one, I think the poster with it's vivid colors was drawing my eyes away from the person.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, tonight I dropped by the Avatar Your Heart Out Gallery to check out Clover's photo on display there.

It's a very nice gallery, and there were some great pics there: I got a few good ideas. Anyone in this thread is going to find it a worthwhile visit, I think.

But I am honestly not resorting to mere flattery when I say that Clover's was far and away the most accomplished, interesting, and imaginative one on display. I love this pic.

Clover's-Picture - Blank.png

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I think, for me, it's the facial expression and head position that catch my attention in this version, whereas in the earlier one, I think the poster with it's vivid colors was drawing my eyes away from the person.

The picture reminds me of a French art movie. I like it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few days ago I discovered a  new clothing maker on Flickr, Bakaboo. I highly recommend you all  check it out. Even the guys as they actually have more clothes for the guys than the girl, and while their brightly colored whimsical styles  might not be everyone's tastes, no one can deny they are unique. You will be seeing more of their things in my upcoming posts. This is the Falbala Dress.

Untitled

 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

A few days ago I discovered a  new clothing maker on Flickr, Bakaboo. I highly recommend you all  check it out. Even the guys as they actually have more clothes for the guys than the girl, and while their brightly colored whimsical styles  might not be everyone's tastes, no one can deny they are unique. You will be seeing more of their things in my upcoming posts. This is the Falbala Dress.

Untitled

 

I love Bakaboo (and so does my male alt)! Their stuff is good enough to make me want to have a mesh avatar. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

I love Bakaboo (and so does my male alt)! Their stuff is good enough to make me want to have a mesh avatar. :) 

and their men's clothing is enough to make you want to have a boyfriend.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quickie of my alt who got to splurge on FLF.

ObsFLF1_11_19.thumb.jpg.e27efe1a9de0bfc5cc90fbcc1a515d59.jpg

Dress & clutch ~ Plastik FLF (it's a pack of clothes and accessories all in black, lots of options!)

Boots ~ Empire FLF (fatpack of boots for 50L omg!)

Hair ~ KoKoLoReS VIP January group gift (the group might still be free to join for a limited time, they just moved)

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

Boots ~ Empire FLF (fatpack of boots for 50L omg!)

 

Gotta love FLF’s!

FLF fatpacks even better!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snapshot_009.thumb.png.78385f3df7af50e8ab1c3038af726a1a.png

Hairstyle is a combination of the *ARGRACE* SHIGURE, and the tails from the *ARGRACE* Sarah

I got the base shape from the Demo of the Catwa - Hanako Head. And just tweaked it.

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Talligurl said:

and their men's clothing is enough to make you want to have a boyfriend.

It'd have to be really, really good . . .

 

ETA: Just checked their MP page. Some really nice designs. But I'm not sure I can handle quite that much colour or general busy-ness.

Cool stuff, though: it's nice to see a place selling out-of-the-ordinary in SL!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

A few days ago I discovered a  new clothing maker on Flickr, Bakaboo. I highly recommend you all  check it out. Even the guys as they actually have more clothes for the guys than the girl, and while their brightly colored whimsical styles  might not be everyone's tastes, no one can deny they are unique. You will be seeing more of their things in my upcoming posts. This is the Falbala Dress.

 

 

Definitely unique.  Much of it is too 'busy' for me, but there are few items there that I might grab.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

A few days ago I discovered a  new clothing maker on Flickr, Bakaboo. I highly recommend you all  check it out. Even the guys as they actually have more clothes for the guys than the girl, and while their brightly colored whimsical styles  might not be everyone's tastes, no one can deny they are unique. You will be seeing more of their things in my upcoming posts. This is the Falbala Dress.

Untitled

 

In the thread "Worst Shopping Experience Ever" I said I spend like 10K L$ at the Linden Shopping event and mentioned a large chunk was with one little-known creator? THAT is the creator LOL. I think I bought one of every item he had (for women) at that event except one. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I had to do an upload test, which required a 2048 x 2048 image - so I drew this self-portrait...

1496749987_SLULTest.thumb.png.7e28c347c1c99fa91b62c75b3cef714f.png

   As you can see, I haven't slept very well lately. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...