How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

I got into Gloss earlier today and noticed most of it was for Catwa or Genus.  I wear Lelutka.  I decided to go to Catwa  and try on some heads. Think I'm going with Sofia. now to save up the money lol

ofia.png

• Like 10

In response to @LittleMe Jewell's post above

I didn't  see the ground trash litter when I was there this morning, either.   I wonder if it 'appeared' sometime during the day, which would be more realistic for a big event like that.   (At least it didn't rain).

Edited by moirakathleen
added clarity as to who I was responding too
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I didn't  see the ground trash litter when I was there this morning, either.   I wonder if it 'appeared' sometime during the day, which would be more realistic for a big event like that.   (At least it didn't rain).

Once I saw Maddie's post of the Pyramid a few min ago, I began to think that myself. 

My first reaction of "it just didn't rez for me" is because I often have issues where just a few things will never rez and I seldom know it.  If I'm at a store, I can typically tell because it will be more obvious if pieces of a display are missing.  However, when we had the Forum Hangout Halloween party last year, there were parts of a few people's costume that never rezzed for me and I never knew until I saw other people's pictures.  Typically, all I have to do is TP away & back and those few things will then rez.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Once I saw Maddie's post of the Pyramid a few min ago, I began to think that myself. 

My first reaction of "it just didn't rez for me" is because I often have issues where just a few things will never rez and I seldom know it.  If I'm at a store, I can typically tell because it will be more obvious if pieces of a display are missing.  However, when we had the Forum Hangout Halloween party last year, there were parts of a few people's costume that never rezzed for me and I never knew until I saw other people's pictures.  Typically, all I have to do is TP away & back and those few things will then rez.  

I just came back out here and that part rezzed for me right away (even though it feels almost laggier now than this morning). 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

No, I don't think it was there yet. It was a bit laggy for me (given the number of people there), but I didn't have problems with stuffing rezzing: I think I'd have seen it.

ETA: Sorry Lil, I didn't see your subsequent post.

Did the trash on the ground include a healthy collection of roach clips?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Rendezvous

Subway-Station-(B&W) - Blank.png

This is a fantastic shot, with the shadow in focus instead of the avatar. I can see the detail and the time taken in the complex lighting set up on this, and I can only applaud how far and how fast you've come since that first 'trashcan/facelight' pic, which was not that long ago!

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

This is a fantastic shot, with the shadow in focus instead of the avatar. I can see the detail and the time taken in the complex lighting set up on this, and I can only applaud how far and how fast you've come since that first 'trashcan/facelight' pic, which was not that long ago!

Thank you so much, Skell! Coming from one from whom I've received so much instruction, and whose pictures have provided a great deal of inspiration, this really means a lot.

I did spend a fair amount of time setting this up, but one of the things I've come to understand is how much plain old dumb luck -- noticing an unintended effect, for instance -- plays a role. On this shot, I was lucky. But I wouldn't have been in a position to be lucky without you and so many others in this thread.

• Like 1

I'm nearly there with Salty now. I grabbed Aida. Piper and Vera at Lelutka, but my shortlist is now LAQ Leia (Favourite), and Lelutka Chloe, awaiting slider work............

Here's Leia after slider work, and she's got the look I want....sweet and innocent....haha!

See what you think...... Obviously some new hair and make up will move her on further!!  But I'm pleased with her like this,

Secondlife21.jpg

Secondlife22.jpg

Secondlife23.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No, I don't think it was there yet. It was a bit laggy for me (given the number of people there), but I didn't have problems with stuffing rezzing: I think I'd have seen it.

ETA: Sorry Lil, I didn't see your subsequent post.

Did the trash on the ground include a healthy collection of roach clips?

I don't think I see any roach clips here, but the picture may not be showing them well.  Here is the post with the newer picture showing the ground litter:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/405992-how-does-your-avatar-look-today/?do=findComment&comment=1845312

• Like 2