How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

57 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Oh yeah, that's my alt on the left. Don't think I've formally introduced her to the forum yet lol. All my friends were asleep or not on when I needed to do this photoshoot so I dragged her on. 

pose 8 inpulse.jpg

We should do a "me and my alt" photo session!!!!! I'm not quite ready yet though...........but it would be fun.........  :)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Oh yeah, that's my alt on the left. Don't think I've formally introduced her to the forum yet lol. All my friends were asleep or not on when I needed to do this photoshoot so I dragged her on. 

pose 8 inpulse.jpg

It's NOT fair that your alt is that much better looking than my main.

I think we need to institute a rule . . .

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'd like to properly introduce Salty my Alt..........She's my kid sister, and her name, Sally Newell, was misheard at school so she became Salty from then...................

I look after her for now because she doesn't have any money.....haha!

As an aside, I'm very impressed with LAQ....very impressed indeed.

Here she is..........after a day's hard work on the sliders, and a shedload of L$....but well worth it!

Secondlife03.jpg

Secondlife05.jpg

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If I'm looking distinctly unimpressed here, it's because I was having an awful time getting a simple shot of myself in Ciampi. It just was NOT working for me today, which is a drag, because I DRESSED UP AND EVERYTHING!!

Poop.

Seems to have worked out pretty well, in my opinion. I think you've got a very nice style. The DoF effect is very well tuned, the framing is excellent, and the B&W gives more focus to the scene as there are no colours to distract from the subject. 

If you want more facial poses than what your HUD offers (well, if you've got a Bento head that is), try Happy Dispatch's face pose HUD - whilst the animations can be greatly exaggerated they can be toned down to appear more natural. Also lets you aim your eyes exactly the way you want to (although a stock model trick is to 'look down your nose' - i.e. straight ahead, when not looking into the camera).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Seems to have worked out pretty well, in my opinion. I think you've got a very nice style. The DoF effect is very well tuned, the framing is excellent, and the B&W gives more focus to the scene as there are no colours to distract from the subject. 

If you want more facial poses than what your HUD offers (well, if you've got a Bento head that is), try Happy Dispatch's face pose HUD - whilst the animations can be greatly exaggerated they can be toned down to appear more natural. Also lets you aim your eyes exactly the way you want to (although a stock model trick is to 'look down your nose' - i.e. straight ahead, when not looking into the camera).

Thanks, Orwar! I think I'm starting to get the hang of DoF and B&W, but, to some extent, I went with B&W here as a way of covering up a multitude of sins!

I actually have a LeLutka Axis HUD for expressions, which I'm pretty happy with. Ciampi can be a bit laggy, though, so here I decided to just go with my Genus animation HUD, which is generally not too bad. As it happens, though, the best composition I came up with had a sort of meh facial expression.

Oh well. Had I been able to settle on the composition, rather than zipping around endlessly, I'd have ended up with more choices.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TatianaNikolay said:

Awww I'm sorry! A rule can happen starting now...and I'm grandfathered in lol.

Well, of course!

I'm actually in awe, though. It has taken me so long to get my main to where she is . . . the very thought of devoting the same attention (not to mention Lindens) to my alt makes me want to weep.

Which is too bad, because my alt, Laskya, has a reasonably full history and presence here and elsewhere: she sort of deserves some attention. It's kind of rough on her that she's been sidelined! (Well, for now, anyway.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Coulrophilia

Viewer discr-- Well it's too late now, isn't it. Anyone terrified of clowns, I'll give you a comforting hug to make you feel better? Grins playfully.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, of course!

I'm actually in awe, though. It has taken me so long to get my main to where she is . . . the very thought of devoting the same attention (not to mention Lindens) to my alt makes me want to weep.

Which is too bad, because my alt, Laskya, has a reasonably full history and presence here and elsewhere: she sort of deserves some attention. It's kind of rough on her that she's been sidelined! (Well, for now, anyway.)

Lil started out SLife as an alt, rezzing about 3.5 months after the original main.  Lil quickly stole the throne and delegated the original to the Alt-Life, seldom ever letting her even log in.  I've created a few other alts over the years, to donate tier to the land group, but they don't have a life of their own either.  I did manage to get my original account and the other alts all free mesh bodies, but they still have almost no clothing and never really get to log in for any reason other than to give me their L$ or to help me test permissions and misc group / land options.  I'm such a tyrant.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1