How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Worth making threads for pics of places!!

OMG Yess!

Though I anxiously await Bakes on Mesh, this 360 Project is something I NEVER heard of and found by accident, and it's now my favorite FUN thing to look forward to. Cannot wait!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Bahahaha!

I'm wondering... There was that question to me about 360 photos on Places pages, then I replied that I found and experimented with the 360 Project viewer (and tagged both Lindens in charge of that and the websites) - and left it at that. Then I was answering another thread asking about 360 panorama pictures for skybox and I replied and just linked to this old test image to show how it can be used and.... to my SHOCK it not only embedded a Flickr picture, it embedded the Flickr VR app, too! Bahahahaha

Yesh, I can imagine lotsa (discreet?) boobie-shots forthcoming. LOL

Question: How come you’re not in the picture? Due to an option you selected, or ?

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Question: How come you’re not in the picture? Due to an option you selected, or ?

This was a test picture, so I was actually hiding behind one of those partitions LOL I think you can see the top of my head behind the partition near the door to the garage (the back door by the fire extinguisher)

As for how it works: you can alt-cam anyway you normally do and the direction your camera is facing becomes the default view, and the "seams" (the edges that are stitched together" are 180 degrees behind you (your view). You click to snap the shot and it takes a couple seconds to do it, then you click save as local and a JPG is saved (like the one I showed in those previous posts).

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

OMG! Just discovered that Forums must have been updated (like in the last DAY or so) - NOW we can post 360 degree picturezzzzzz!!!!

THIS picture is a one-click snapshot in the LL Official Project Viewer 360-Snapshot. One-click. Then I upload to my Flickr and copy the display URL there. And paste that URL here and... and... Wooohooo!

I'm gonna snap a LOT of 360 Snapshots this weekend for fun and post 'em here! LOL

THIS IS AWESOMESZZZ LOL

Oh, and this is my Office at Damnsim Cross Cargo Services Inc, LLC, Corp, Inc. LOL

Edit to add: if anyone else is interested in playing with this Project Viewer, it is this one:

Second Life Project 360 Snapshot Channel Project viewers are experimental viewers; they may not be beta quality - use at your own risk. However, It has been very stable and rock-solid for me on Windows and on macOS Mojave. //Just saying.

I am so glad you posted this 'cause now I have a new way to take way too many photos than I need. xD AND IT'S SO EASY TOO

Edit: I only wish it was higher quality though..

Edited by ClassyNova
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

no irritating hits from guys for a start.

I am surprised you didn't get some guy hitting  on both of you. Sometimes I think it would be fun to make Alice a separate Alt rather then just an avatar,  maybe if I ever get rich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They should all be named “Heyzeus”, because parthenogenesis.

I had my ovaries removed a couple years ago, after imaging showed a cyst parked on one of them. There was some concern over this, as I'd also been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'd hoped for something both benign and interesting, like a dermoid, which is as close as humans are known to get to parthenogenesis. In a dermoid cyst (also called a teratoma), an egg or sperm goes off and starts splitting and differentiating on its own. The result can be a little hairball (literally!) of body parts (hair, teeth, etc) wedged in that region of the body. I got half my wish, the cyst was benign but also uninteresting.

The existence of teratomas naturally leads to wondering if human pathogenesis is possible, and has occurred...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987717302694

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I had my ovaries removed a couple years ago, after imaging showed a cyst parked on one of them. There was some concern over this, as I'd also been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'd hoped for something both benign and interesting, like a dermoid, which is as close as humans are known to get to parthenogenesis. In a dermoid cyst (also called a teratoma), an egg or sperm goes off and starts splitting and differentiating on its own. The result can be a little hairball (literally!) of body parts (hair, teeth, etc) wedged in that region of the body. I got half my wish, the cyst was benign but also uninteresting.

The existence of teratomas naturally leads to wondering if human pathogenesis is possible, and has occurred...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987717302694

Toothy-hairy tumors are scary!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That sounds way too much like work.

Or, like gaining weight without at least being able to reflect upon the pleasure of eating nice things.

1 hour ago, ClassyNova said:

I am so glad you posted this 'cause now I have a new way to take way too many photos than I need. xD AND IT'S SO EASY TOO

Edit: I only wish it was higher quality though..

OMG YESSS! LOL Here's one I just did in OSIRUS:

AND in Flickr if you click "Show EXIF" - it even has the SLURL in it! 

As for quality - well: it's a "Project Viewer" - perhaps quality will get better as they go along. But as you can see by the flat image (when you save it to your computer) it's pretty large as it is. I love Catznip and Firestorm and even LL viewers, but I must say: new shiny toy from Linden lab, THANKIES!

For those of you not seeing it: Pass your mouse over the image - then CLICK and DRAG.

• JFIFVersion - 1.01
  • X-Resolution - 1 dpi
  • Y-Resolution - 1 dpi
  • XMPToolkit - Second Life Viewer 5.1.6.515934
  • Projection Type - equirectangular
  • Use Panorama Viewer - True
  • Capture Software - Second Life Viewer 5.1.6.515934
  • Stitching Software - Second Life Viewer 5.1.6.515934
  • Initial View Heading Degrees - -91.4848
  • Full Pano Width Pixels - 4096
  • Full Pano Height Pixels - 2048
  • First Photo Date - Thu Jan 10 15:31:43 2019
  • Last Photo Date - Thu Jan 10 15:31:43 2019
  • SLRegion Name - TREMENDUM
  • SLRegion URL - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/TREMENDUM/96/90/2001
  • SLPano Version - 2.0.0
Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have heard of these occurring in tumors in other locations. (Head, etc.)

They do.

I'm working from memory of my visit with the doc at the time, but teratomas elsewhere generally spring from germ cells. Ovarian dermoids spring from eggs, which themselves derive from germ cells. Prostate dermoids spring from sperm, which derive from germ cells. Females have the gear necessary to produce offspring, so the theory is that parthenogenesis happens, and dermoid cysts are the failed attempts. The successes would then belong to the 1% of American women who said "I told you so!".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

OMG YESSS! LOL Here's one I just did in OSIRUS:

AND in Flickr if you click "Show EXIF" - it even has the SLURL in it! 

As for quality - well: it's a "Project Viewer" - perhaps quality will get better as they go along. But as you can see by the flat image (when you save it to your computer) it's pretty large as it is. I love Catznip and Firestorm and even LL viewers, but I must say: new shiny toy from Linden lab, THANKIES!

For those of you not seeing it: Pass your mouse over the image - then CLICK and DRAG.

• JFIFVersion - 1.01
  • X-Resolution - 1 dpi
  • Y-Resolution - 1 dpi
  • XMPToolkit - Second Life Viewer 5.1.6.515934
  • Projection Type - equirectangular
  • Use Panorama Viewer - True
  • Capture Software - Second Life Viewer 5.1.6.515934
  • Stitching Software - Second Life Viewer 5.1.6.515934
  • Initial View Heading Degrees - -91.4848
  • Full Pano Width Pixels - 4096
  • Full Pano Height Pixels - 2048
  • First Photo Date - Thu Jan 10 15:31:43 2019
  • Last Photo Date - Thu Jan 10 15:31:43 2019
  • SLRegion Name - TREMENDUM
  • SLRegion URL - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/TREMENDUM/96/90/2001
  • SLPano Version - 2.0.0

As it turns out, a friend of mine (acquaintance? am not sure xD) had already been taking 360 snapshots, but she uploads them somewhere that isn't Flickr. I uploaded mine too and compared, and flickr doesn't carry over the same quality as this site does.

https://kuula.co/post/7YFZv

Where I think I lost a bit of quality with Flickr, this seems to keep the integrity of the image fairly well. c: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClassyNova said:

As it turns out, a friend of mine (acquaintance? am not sure xD) had already been taking 360 snapshots, but she uploads them somewhere that isn't Flickr. I uploaded mine too and compared, and flickr doesn't carry over the same quality as this site does.

https://kuula.co/post/7YFZv

Where I think I lost a bit of quality with Flickr, this seems to keep the integrity of the image fairly well. 😄

Buuutttt can you embed it? That's the real question. I see Flickr as just a storage box to host my pictures to share throughout the internetz. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Buuutttt can you embed it? That's the real question. I see Flickr as just a storage box to host my pictures to share throughout the internetz. :)

You can, but I don't think it's in the same way that Flickr works. It's more like embedding it as an HTML script or something like that. You can share it to Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit though! For what that's worth... xD

• Like 1

Just now, ClassyNova said:

You can, but I don't think it's in the same way that Flickr works. It's more like embedding it as an HTML script or something like that. You can share it to Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit though! For what that's worth... xD

I went to the link you linked https://kuula.co/tinyplanet/7YFZv  and they have a TINY PLANET view, now that is adorable 

• Like 1