You are in a forest in Second Life. Would you rather run into a someone in a man avatar or a bear avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I can legally hunt either in SL without hunting tags, both are fair game.

/me nocks an arrow

I could also just hike and go sightseeing without any preferences on the wildlife I see.

/me loads film in her camera and pulls out her binoculars.

Answer: Depends on the day

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

More division:

https://knowyourmeme.com/editorials/guides/why-do-women-choose-to-be-stuck-with-a-bear-over-a-man-in-the-woods-debate-over-hypothetical-question-explained

I'm not a fan of 'movements' that cause more fear in women of men, and portraying men as some threat to them.

"Out of eight women in the video, seven replied that they would pick a bear over a man, with only one going for the other option. The video went viral, garnering over 14 million views on TikTok in three weeks."

Sad.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Imma say man avatar, because if he just happens to be one of those statistics , which is waaay less likely to happen than what people wanna make you believe , I can stand a chance against him in scripted weapon combat :3... unlike the bear who will literally begin eating my face before I die and get sent home . 

... unless you're in london.

Edited by Midnoot

Posted (edited)

The question failed to specify the AGE of the man, or bear.  I don't want to be caught around some underage "man" in the woods, so I'll pick the bear.

If it was between a woman and a bear, that's easy - the bear is more friendly, like Smokey

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'd go with a woolly bear. Worst case scenario, they're still far better than watching grass grow or paint dry.

(grendels used to sell them too, no idea if they still do. I found them fun for taking photos of in my newb days)

Edited by Ineffable Mote

Neither. I groan when I wind up someplace with men in SL, but I would guess any bears would also be men IRL. However, in 17 years of being in SL off and on I am pretty sure I have never seen a bear, but men are almost everywhere.

IRL, if we are talking about in a remote area or even on a less-populated trail in a state park, I would choose a bear, though there are no bears in the Midwest other than the large, hairy gay men. Who I would far rather run across than a straight man or an actual bear.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This question was a major flustercuck when it first appeared on Twitter.

Should be fun to see what happens with it here.

I don't really do Twitter, but I have seen a lot of TikToks by women on this question, and I don't know about a flustercuck, but they all make a really, really good case for the bear.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I don't really do Twitter, but I have seen a lot of TikToks by women on this question, and I don't know about a flustercuck, but they all make a really, really good case for the bear.

Yeah, it started on TikTok, and then appeared on Twitter, where it generated a LOT of heat . . . because, Twitter.

And most women there opted for the bear as well.

• Like 2

Under the influence of a hundreds of pages of forum thread, I'd ignore both, hug a tree and fill my lungs with forest air for a sec, plus points if resin scent, while I'm already in a forest, and then tp to a 0 traffic sim.

Posted (edited)

These kind of threads reassure me, that I'm doing the right thing to spend 99+% of my SL-time alone.
Carry on.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.