This might sound a bit ranty and moan-a-lot but I can assure you it's not. This is just a post to celebrate those creators that aren't active in SL anymore that made some of the best content in SL:

Emery Milneaux - [Commoner] (Binge Watcher's Survival Kit - Apt 20 was one of the best cult following items I have ever seen made in SL!)

Redd Columbia - RC Cluster (created some of the most fun items like a shivers AO and bento toothbrush)

leela Darwin - [POUT!] (British designer of some really brilliant BOM/applier make-ups for both RP and just looking pretty)

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

My wife (and I) really miss Elven Elder. Not as prolific a maker as some of the bigger clothing brands, but he made top-quality, Italian inspired (I believe) fashion. Everything was well made with obvious care and attention, and Elven Elder was a very approachable and helpful creator. My wife was really sad the day he announced he was leaving, a year or so ago. (I think she had a bit of a soft spot for him 😍)

Edit to add: EE's jeans are in one of the few remaining outfits of my wife's that keep her using the original Lara. Wish we could have them for LX.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 2

I will say as a sim builder there are few things as disheartening as inspecting some incredibly cool or beautiful object in SL only to find that the creator is no longer active and does not even have an MP store.

And I totally get why people stop. I had a pretty successful store about 12 years ago and the grind of maintaining it and its vendors just got to be too much. And life changed, and I moved on. So yeah, cheers to those that created cool stuff. If only they had boxed it all up full perm and put it on the MP for a $0L LOL.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Shops open, shops close. It is what happens in RL and in SL.
Nothing we can do about it. Nobody signed a for life contract as a merchant and creator.
I've closed two successful stores too when the prim era was over.

I opened a new shop a few years ago, but totally not as serious as I once did. There is a lot that I skip to be really successful these days: Weekend sales, group development, events.
And some parts really feel like working, not like a hobby at all, so I postpone these activities a lot of times: Taking and processing pictures, loading vendors, make listings for the MP.
I totally understand when merchants\creators call it a day. Most of us are one man bands expected to play symphonies.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thecla said:

will say as a sim builder there are few things as disheartening as inspecting some incredibly cool or beautiful object in SL only to find that the creator is no longer active and does not even have an MP store.

I think that if one is no longer capable or willing to do the customer service part, it is best to pull the stuff from the MP and close the store.
At least that is what I will do for certain when I feel it is time to say goodby to Second Life or my life as a merchant\creator.

• Like 3

LeeZu Baxter.  There are still a few pieces up on the MP.  A few of her system shirts I've picked up to wear underneath mesh clothing.  Great attention to detail and some really unique pieces.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

another name.

Mocksoup Graves.  Made some absolutely  fantastic makeups before mesh heads where a thing.  I think she tried the applier route but her style of makeups (made for layering) just really didn't work with appliers.  I keep hoping she'll return since BOM is the thing now.  

Edited by Anna Salyx
typo fix
  • Like 4

I love this topic, it's fun to reminisce about those days when we sim bumped trying to get into Last Call to hand over all our money. Here's my quick list. 

Elysium Eilde of Elymode 

Munchflower of Nomine 

Antonia Marat of Artilleri 

Tuli Asturias of Tuli Skins

Annyka Bekkers of Blowpop

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Nobody signed a for life contract as a merchant and creator.

Pfft, such a contract comes with much too big a loophole. Can't let a little bit of death come in the way of your virtual business.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952g849e8ngovldidiq9dp

I miss Fae Eriksen from Fishy Strawberry. She was one of my favorites from when I was new. And also Drinkinstein Sorbet, who designed The Sea Hole - the colors and designs were always so unique! She was a dear friend, as well. 

• Like 4

I miss Agnes Finney of 'My Precious' clothing, and I can't leave out Bliss Couture. Those two, along with PurpleMoon and AZUL, which are still creating, had the best Fashion Shows. Also, one of the reasons I went to the Miss Virtual Pagents every year. I'm glad I kept all of the clothing I purchased from these two stores and the pre-mesh from PM and AZUL—all packed away in storage.  Sighs...I should get these lovely outfits out and do a vintage post once a week.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Argent Stonecutter, if you are still out there, I need another Anvil drop!! \o/

I lost mine somehow.

hehehe

Argent is still active on VVO (virtualverse.one).

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 1

I miss the store: LoveCats run by Thei.  However I did run into Thei a few weeks back, she recognised me as one of her regular customers and was pleased to see I'm still active in SL which made me smile! :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

I miss kean kelly of [keke], her botanicals are sublime

[keke] windswept sakura.jpg

Sadly, kean kelly of [keke] died in RL.

As did Kerryth Tarantal, the creator behind Spyralle.

We also miss the magnificent prim craftsman Scope Cleaver, who built the Estonian Embassy in SL (now gone) and many other amazing buildings (all gone) -- he left SL when mesh came to town.

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I miss my old friends who created stuff -

Saeya Nyanda of Kyoot, she left SL

Dakota Buck of Whippet and Buck, she has not logged in for ages

I loved both of these brands. I feel like W&B style would make a killing these days. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Fox Obviate & Picassa Vela - RIP

I miss Aley's wild sculpty concoctions and creativity too. Lovely person from the few times I met them, just a shame they never grasped the IP issues that got them banned. 

I also miss AnnMarie O'toole and the vehicle chaos she brought to the linden roads :)

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

I miss the store: LoveCats run by Thei.  However I did run into Thei a few weeks back, she recognised me as one of her regular customers and was pleased to see I'm still active in SL which made me smile! :) 

I remember their chairs were always busy and waiting to see if the first letter of your name came up and wishing you had made a name beginning with X or something so when it did come up you didn't end up second on the chair in someone's lap and no outfit.

• Like 1