Ryker Beck of Exodi - I ran into her on Reddit a little while back and just had to tell her how I still wear some of her pieces. She made such beautiful jewelry!

Delora Starbrook of Haven Designs - Selfishly, I miss my wifey. Saw her a few weeks back and I'm hoping she keeps logging in.

RC Cluster, The Sea Hole, and Artilleri have been mentioned - I loved these places so much! No new shop has quite captured the magic of any of them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Ryker Beck of Exodi - I ran into her on Reddit a little while back and just had to tell her how I still wear some of her pieces. She made such beautiful jewelry!

Delora Starbrook of Haven Designs - Selfishly, I miss my wifey. Saw her a few weeks back and I'm hoping she keeps logging in.

RC Cluster, The Sea Hole, and Artilleri have been mentioned - I loved these places so much! No new shop has quite captured the magic of any of them.

The Sea Hole had their items up on the marketplace in an outlet store for quite some time after they closed, I was able to get a lot of it. All gone now. At least a lot of artilleri stuff is still available on the marketplace.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I will mention Jewell Lamourfou who created Distressed Textures.
Sadly no longer with us either in RL (recently passed).

thank you for that information; she was one of my earliest creator heroes.  I loved visiting Ares Aglaia region and spending time up on the great hill, so so so so so many years ago; her shack beautifully textured and all her texture treats therein, making me realize that I wanted my own land to do just this very thing. 

And may I add that I am grateful a whole lot that you, Charlotte, are not among the beloved MIA and are rather among the beloved clear-and-present :)

Distressed Textures Ares Aglaia.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2024 at 4:15 PM, Henry Hutchence said:

Sadly, kean kelly of [keke] died in RL.

As did Kerryth Tarantal, the creator behind Spyralle.

We also miss the magnificent prim craftsman Scope Cleaver, who built the Estonian Embassy in SL (now gone) and many other amazing buildings (all gone) -- he left SL when mesh came to town.

I had feared that about Spyralle. I knew she was ill, and then had gone silent. Sad to hear it. :( I have a couple of colors of her Morgane gown from my first Fantasy Faire (2021) and a few other things.

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 2:22 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Argent Stonecutter, if you are still out there, I need another Anvil drop!! \o/

I lost mine somehow.

hehehe

OMG, I was just looking in my inventory and someone sent me a new Anvil Drop. :D

Thank you  ̗̀@ღ ƒσχχє ღ , I really do appreciate it.. I only wish I would have been in SL and seen it sooner so that I could say Thank You sooner :)

ETA: I can never do those @ names where it gets peoples attention with a notification.. :$

Edited by Ceka Cianci

On 5/3/2024 at 5:10 PM, Amata Karas said:

I love this topic, it's fun to reminisce about those days when we sim bumped trying to get into Last Call to hand over all our money. Here's my quick list. 

Elysium Eilde of Elymode 

Munchflower of Nomine 

Antonia Marat of Artilleri 

Tuli Asturias of Tuli Skins

Annyka Bekkers of Blowpop

I love Artilleri stuff and still wear some of their stuff to this day!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:09 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

I miss Fae Eriksen from Fishy Strawberry. She was one of my favorites from when I was new. And also Drinkinstein Sorbet, who designed The Sea Hole - the colors and designs were always so unique! She was a dear friend, as well. 

Another one of my faves, Fishy Strawberry! I have so much of their stuff lurking in my inventory!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 12:27 PM, Rufferta said:

Haha... that's one of the avatars I messed with when I made my first alt, a younger adult male. Thanks for linking it, added the store to my favorites. I love coming across vintage SL/OS material.

I fear Entice will now be added to this list.  They announced in the past couple days that the store will be closing due to Kira Paderborn being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.   She helped clothe a lot of a newbies over the years, and her advent calenders were quite nice.

I also miss Ivey Deschanel and Sn@tch (who died of cancer). She was another one who was more than happy to clothe newbies, and people LOVED her fishing outfits.  Many of her system layer clothes still look great for BOM. 

Then there's Squinternet Larnia who made some absolutely STUNNING jewelry. Her store (Donna Flora) is still in world, but she passed away.  It's so kind of her friends to keep her store open.

And I think perhaps the GOAT of stores/creators is Ginny Talamasca, owner of Last Call.  She passed away in 2008, the same year I joined, but I remember a lot of talk about how fabulous her clothing was and how they couldn't bear to delete it. I seem to recall that I bought a clothing item at a yard sale that was Last Call (apparently created before people went hard on no-transfer items).  

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

On 5/13/2024 at 2:02 AM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I fear Entice will now be added to this list.  They announced in the past couple days that the store will be closing due to Kira Paderborn being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.   She helped clothe a lot of a newbies over the years, and her advent calenders were quite nice.

I also miss Ivey Deschanel and Sn@tch (who died of cancer). She was another one who was more than happy to clothe newbies, and people LOVED her fishing outfits.  Many of her system layer clothes still look great for BOM. 

Then there's Squinternet Larnia who made some absolutely STUNNING jewelry. Her store (Donna Flora) is still in world, but she passed away.  It's so kind of her friends to keep her store open.

And I think perhaps the GOAT of stores/creators is Ginny Talamasca, owner of Last Call.  She passed away in 2008, the same year I joined, but I remember a lot of talk about how fabulous her clothing was and how they couldn't bear to delete it. I seem to recall that I bought a clothing item at a yard sale that was Last Call (apparently created before people went hard on no-transfer items).  

Oh, that is terrible news about Kira. I have participated in events she has run, and she has done such a great job of that as well as running her own store. I hope she will be ok.

I remember when we lost Ginny Talamasca, that was such a shock to everyone. Ginny was not only talented but had a great sense of fun too. I still have a lot of Last Call and Dazzle clothing in my inventory, I would not delete it. 

• Like 3

Around the time I got into owning mainland and making stuff, I liked visiting Keep It Green by Teizus Miles. Whimsical garden stuff, like glowing trees and mushrooms. A few items are still available at Stillman for free, but most of the free stuff was lost as other freebie places closed down.

• Like 2

Going waaaay back...Julia Hathor!   She had some of the cutest little cottages, Medieval and fantasy, very artistic, especially given the restraints in building back then.

• Like 4

On 5/12/2024 at 12:02 PM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Donna Flora was a favorite of mine early on, too.  Although most of the pieces I purchased back.then were no copy, they were also transfer so I was able to move.them from my first avatar to my current one.  It did make editing a much more nerve racking task, though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Baron Grayson of Relic

I still have Relic Christmas trees -- I don't know anything about him or the timing or the continuity but he's worth a mention; I'd gladly remove his name if it means he's still creating.  This tree is from November 2010.  (41 prims!)

Relic.png

Edited by Hymn Celestia
extra prim info
  • Like 2

slink. I have the male body and two male heads. Wish I could’ve gotten a few more of their mesh heads before the shop closed. 
I occasionally bust out the slink male still bc I had quite a bit of clothes for it and it still has a large bit of stuff out there.

• Like 6

The brand Anhelo. They used to make a lot of gacha sets, but also sold full sets copy/mod of their buildings. The creator hasn't logged in since 2019, but their mainland was still paid for until this month. They made a lot of Japanese architecture from the 1950s-1970s including appliances, kitchens, shops etc. It was some of my fav.

Their gacha exchange machines continued to work until their mainland went away. I wish I could recover some of my old no-copy stuff of theirs. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Here's some from back in the day!

Julia Soothsayer - from Awesome Designs

And Gurl 6 hair!  Can't remember the name of the designer, but remember the sim was called Gurlywood!

I also can't forget Sandy Clymer - Pillow Talk...who designed houses

Edited by Hiraani Heartsdale
added content
  • Like 1