I was looking forward to a nice warm lasagna lunch as it sizzled and pop-popped away in the office breakroom microwave.

Despite the mess it left behind evidenced by the cheese bubbling over the dish, it's still ice cold except for the surrounding 2-centimeter edge from the rim.

I have cold lasagna to eat and a messy microwave to clean up. 😡

1693e36fcd0fa84be1cfd48b4ed1ed14.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Merchants that put their avatar name on the hunt folder name instead of the store name.  When the hunt organizer gives you an object that says 'YOUR NAME HERE', it does not mean to put your AVATAR NAME there (and even if it does, do not do it).  If the folder doesn't have your store name on it, how the hell do I know, down the road, who created the item?  Ugh.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Another one.... Part peeve of a misbehaving computer server and part story.

This was long ago (back in the mid 2000s) at the night club we used to own back in California. The music server would crash and burn after 2 hours and we would have silence until we fired up the back-up CD players. I took apart the server and check --- didn't find anything and let it reset. Even had a computer guy come out and couldn't figure it out.

One night it happened and this one guy said he was a server tech for a certain company in San Francisco and asked if he could take a look. I showed him the rack where it was at and he checked it out. He then said "this box is similar to what we use to run 'regions' on."  I didn't get what he meant, but he found the issue. There was a hidden fan and it was full of dust and stopped working. Upon using a can of air on it, it started spinning and from that point on the server hummed like a Humvee!

I said thanks and offered to pay him, but he refused, but I gave him a couple of tickets to get drinks from the bar or food on the house. I asked what the 'Region" thing was, he said "I work for this cool virtual world and I'm one of the back-end IT that keeps the little fans running. Maybe you should check it out. It's called Second Life."  Thanks to him how I got checked into the "Hotel SL!"

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Being call sweetie pie, sweetie, hun, babygirl, chocolate drop by random strangers.  It's SL, my name is right over my head or right there in the IM box you opened up.  

Chocolate drop is a new one.

I suppose this means sugar pie is out of the question? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Creators that participate in a huge sim hunt, where they have multiple items in the hunt, but don't bother to label each hunt item as to which item from the Key that it is - and the item is sold via Caspervend so I cannot even look at the contents to see if it is what I want.  Lost sales - because I don't want all of your items and thus will buy none because I can't know what I am getting.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Not sure if it's a peeve or actually something I love since it amuses me to no end.

People who go on rants that eventually end with a locked thread yet can't be bothered to use the spell check function on whichever device they're using.  It definitely makes one wonder about the overall accuracy of what they're trying to say.

• Like 1

Peeve of the day. Clocks going back (as they did last night in the UK).

No, contrary to popular belief, this does not result in an extra hour in bed*.  It means you wake up at the same time, the clock tells you its an hour earlier, and you get an extra hour of morning instead.

*except for teenagers, who are magically capable of staying in bed all day.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

.. .. Wait, I'm no longer supposed to do that? Being an adult peeves me to no end!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Peeve of the day. Clocks going back (as they did last night in the UK).

No, contrary to popular belief, this does not result in an extra hour in bed*.  It means you wake up at the same time, the clock tells you its an hour earlier, and you get an extra hour of morning instead.

Our turn is this next weekend.

I hate the Spring Forward worse because then you really do lose an hour of sleep. 

• Like 1

Peeve: whenever I spend long enough on YouTube, I'll end watching something food science related - I've now watched a long video on malt, and a long video on aging meat, so now I really wish I could have a nice steak and some good beer. But I'm also on day 2 of one of those slow-burning headaches that just won't respond to painkillers, hydrating, or resting, so I can't be bothered to meander into the village to shop for anything.

On the bright side, just living off of knäckebröd and milk is pretty darned delicious and terrifically filling and healthy .. 

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: whenever I spend long enough on YouTube, I'll end watching something food science related - I've now watched a long video on malt, and a long video on aging meat, so now I really wish I could have a nice steak and some good beer. But I'm also on day 2 of one of those slow-burning headaches that just won't respond to painkillers, hydrating, or resting, so I can't be bothered to meander into the village to shop for anything.

On the bright side, just living off of knäckebröd and milk is pretty darned delicious and terrifically filling and healthy .. 

Mouse over the ingredient panel and take note, then find something comparable where you live. 

https://www.amazon.com/Hylands-Migraine-Headache-Tablets-Natural/dp/B001EPQAE0

These at least help even if I don't take them at the beginning. They can make the difference between shutting one's self in a dark room or not.

They do contain aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine so if you can't have those don't use. Just look for what you can get from the label.

image.png.a5d3387acf581f0d8aa9c9d1499b7c60.png

• Thanks 1

I'm totally agreeing with Jordan and not arguing at all. Her post reminded me that yes, I too, am peeved by the misuse of this 'Karen' name-calling. Nobody should call her a 'Karen' for reminding others to remain on topic in a thread.

So my pet peeve is....people who misunderstand me.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

People that go to the "pet peeve" thread to argue with each other in a passive aggressive way after a thread is deleted.

I missed another thread removal.  I'm apparently not paying enough attention to things around here.  

• Like 1