4 hours ago, Finite said:

Right click > derender > permanently. Do it everytime a new neighbor moves in and drops what are essentially ground level skyboxes next to me. Never understood why people get beachfront property just to surround it with a box. Or why they insist on putting them at ground level.

It doesn't always help. When I was still renting parcels there were (more often than I'd like to) a lot of people would constantly re-rezz things. One evening I'd derender the whole ground build, because it was a mess of prim trees with terrible rocks and flowers from 2008, and next one it all would be mostly back again, because why move things around when you can just re-rezz them? /s  And it would go day to day until they'd just move out somewhere else.

----

Now my not so recent peeve, for those forums specially. I don't have too much free time to post or even read it all lately, but I still do check around every now and then. And there's still plenty of people who insist on giving tech advices clearly not understanding anything about the "issue". And some "white knights" are still around. Those keep defending rather questionable decisions and solutions by LL. I'm sure they'd defend LL even if region prices went to 1k$ and MP L$ buying fees would go to like 10$ per transaction. Now we all here, or almost all, love SL and want it to be around for as long as possible, but some are really willing to accept anything and everything and even bother to tell others how "wrong" they are.

So... peeve: people.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It is literally snowing here. On May 28th.

You lucky bugger.

I've been humming on Christmas songs all day, I can't wait for winter.

• Like 1

My pet peeve just for now is that my precious floof ball cat keeps stealing things out of my luggage I keep trying to pack for her and I since our move to the UK is this next week. So I pack it and she tries to pull them out and place them all over quite messily before climbing into the suitcase herself. She isn't making this easy, but I wouldn't have my sweetie any other way.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
To delete the word all typed over and over my airhead of a brain thought was necessary. O.o
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You lucky bugger.

I've been humming on Christmas songs all day, I can't wait for winter.

My Swedish islandmate tells me it is snowing there -- further north. You clearly just need to relocate.

Saturday peeve: Underwear sets where the top and bottom are sold separately.  If It's a set I can see myself buying 2-3 diff colors but there is just something that prevents me from pulling the trigger 2x for one "outfit" even on sale.  2x0 is nothing!

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 3

Why own a dog in a tiny apartment when you're not going to be home most of the day.

Pocket sized deranged vibrating anger tribble spends 14 hours a day barking, crying and trying to dig it's way though the floor. Everything they own must either be shredded, covered in teeth marks, drool, snot or worse.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Why own a dog in a tiny apartment when you're not going to be home most of the day.

Pocket sized deranged vibrating anger tribble spends 14 hours a day barking, crying and trying to dig it's way though the floor. Everything they own must either be shredded, covered in teeth marks, drool, snot or worse.

The only thing worse are the two yappers behind us, the bigger one next door to them (behind us), hardly 12 feet from my bedroom window, the only place to put the bed. No one ever shuts them up until I start screaming out of my window at 3am because they have been barking incessantly since 10pm. How my neighbors can sleep through all that noise, I'll never know or understand. Their walls aren't any thicker than mine.

• Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The only thing worse are the two yappers behind us, the bigger one next door to them (behind us), hardly 12 feet from my bedroom window, the only place to put the bed. No one ever shuts them up until I start screaming out of my window at 3am because they have been barking incessantly since 10pm. How my neighbors can sleep through all that noise, I'll never know or understand. Their walls aren't any thicker than mine.

We have a tiny yapper directly behind us.  That dog starts barking as soon as he comes out the door, before he even knows if there is really anything to bark at or not.  If someone is actually in any of the yards next to him, he races to the fence and runs back and forth yapping even louder.  The owners yell at him to stop, but seldom do more unless a neighbor says something.  We have called the city a few times and I know they have gotten in trouble and had to pay fines, but the rules are that as long as the barking does not go on for 10 minutes or more, they are safe.  They are pretty good at making sure the dog goes back inside before the 10 minutes is up.  

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We have a tiny yapper directly behind us.  That dog starts barking as soon as he comes out the door, before he even knows if there is really anything to bark at or not.  If someone is actually in any of the yards next to him, he races to the fence and runs back and forth yapping even louder.  The owners yell at him to stop, but seldom do more unless a neighbor says something.  We have called the city a few times and I know they have gotten in trouble and had to pay fines, but the rules are that as long as the barking does not go on for 10 minutes or more, they are safe.  They are pretty good at making sure the dog goes back inside before the 10 minutes is up.  

Have you ever thought to look into any local muzzle laws that may exist?

They say large dogs such as Mastiffs and Great Danes do quite well in small apartments.  They generally don't have as much energy like the little ones.  They're usually calmer in general, too.  Our Mastiff would spend all day sleeping on the couch.  The neighbors never once said they heard him bark when we were at work.  Aside from clearing the coffee table with his tail, he was fine in a smaller area.

36 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They say large dogs such as Mastiffs and Great Danes do quite well in small apartments.  They generally don't have as much energy like the little ones.  They're usually calmer in general, too.  Our Mastiff would spend all day sleeping on the couch.  The neighbors never once said they heard him bark when we were at work.  Aside from clearing the coffee table with his tail, he was fine in a smaller area.

I'd bet you had the cleanest coffee table in the complex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Have you ever thought to look into any local muzzle laws that may exist?

The only laws we have that apply to people's yards is the dog can't be outside barking for more than 10 minutes.  Anything less is not considered a "nuisance".  And the 10 minute rule goes away if someone is out there playing with the dog.  Our neighbors have inadvertently taught their dogs to stand at their feet barking to get a ball/stick/whatever thrown.  Dog goes and retrieves item, drops it at the person's feet, and then barks nonstop until person picks it up and throws it again.  However, that is classified as 'playing with the dog' so the barking doesn't count.

*sigh*

• Sad 1

I've found over the years that yappy owners make for yappy dogs. Pet peeve happened today when i stopped in to see a friend and his new puppy came over to check me out and get a free head rub. She barked a bit and ran back and forth all excited while the friend was having a kniption trying to get her to settle down. The poor puppy didn't know what to make of that and it took twice as long to get settled into a happy place than if the friend had just shut up and let the pup go through her formalities. Some owners need more training than their dog.

• Like 2

People that always assume negative intent, especially here in the forums.  Just because you don't understand a person's viewpoint or don't agree with it, does not necessarily mean that the post was made to intentionally hurt or slam someone.  Different countries, different backgrounds, different native languages, no verbal or body clues in forum posts -- all of those things make it so easy to not fully understand what a person's intentions are, yet so many assume the worst right off the bat.

Yes, people in general are horrid (in many ways for many reasons), but most of them are not intentionally mean or hurtful.

• Like 5

On 5/30/2021 at 6:07 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

Because people are selfish. We’re expecting a crazy number of abandoned animals that selfish people got during the pandemic.. and now discover they’re a burden to them 😔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Because people are selfish. We’re expecting a crazy number of abandoned animals that selfish people got during the pandemic.. and now discover they’re a burden to them 😔

I read an article a couple of weeks ago saying that people are giving back tons of animals now that they have to go back to the office.  How in the world could people not realize that they likely would not be unemployed or working from home forever - at least not in most jobs.  

Besides the typical dogs & cats, apparently quite a few folks decided to get all sorts of animals to keep them company at home -- ducks, bunnies, pot-bellied pigs, etc.... and are now giving them up.  The rescue farms around here are being inundated with animals that cannot be taken to the typical animal shelters.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I read an article a couple of weeks ago saying that people are giving back tons of animals now that they have to go back to the office.  How in the world could people not realize that they likely would not be unemployed or working from home forever - at least not in most jobs.  

Besides the typical dogs & cats, apparently quite a few folks decided to get all sorts of animals to keep them company at home -- ducks, bunnies, pot-bellied pigs, etc.... and are now giving them up.  The rescue farms around here are being inundated with animals that cannot be taken to the typical animal shelters.

Exactly this... we are seeing all kind of pets abandoned or in rescues, including indeed ducks (they got them as ducklings), bunnies and pigmy pigs. Apparently there was some Instagram or tiktok thing about taking pictures with all sort of unusual pets.. as usual people just can’t think and consider what it entails to take care of a pet, never mind an unusual one.
It’s devastating to see the state some of these animals are in 😔 I’m really affected by it I have to say 😔

• Sad 3