3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

There's no way I'd live anywhere that doesn't have a sturdy winter.

I like seeing snow, and I like autumn, but I am pretty much a warm weather person. Still, what with global warming and all, I think we should all move in with Maddy. It will be warmer by and by...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

Since I watched that documentary on netflix about the volcano that blew up on a bunch of tourists I now refuse to live near a volcano. I was thinking about moving to Bend Oregon but they have like 3 volcano's there. 

I can see Mt Hood every time I head east. Been here 16 years. My husband, who is from Oregon, survived St Helens blowing.  The volcanoes (composite) here are not the same type as say the ones in Hawaii (shield) so IF one should blow, we don't get the lava flows, just a lot of ash, steam, you know, pyroclastic flows. If the wind had not shifted to blow from the east when it normally blows from the west, Oregon and Washington would not have had any fallout. That is what made the difference. The wind direction.

https://www.nps.gov/subjects/volcanoes/types-of-volcanoes.htm

https://www.nps.gov/articles/000/composite-volcanoes.htm

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We are looking more at the western part of N. Carolina, outside of Asheville or thereabouts.  And, once retired, if the weather sucks bad, we won't have to leave the house.

Asheville NC is lovely in snow. You'll want to get out and play in it.  Or photograph it. I have passed through there many times over the years, in all kinds of weather.  I can think of lots worse places to be "stuck" in retirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Asheville NC is lovely in snow. You'll want to get out and play in it.  Or photograph it. I have passed through there many times over the years, in all kinds of weather.  I can think of lots worse places to be "stuck" in retirement.

I love the area, but you could not pay me to drive I-40 from Knoxville to Asheville and vice versa on the regular. That stretch of interstate through the mountains would give me carpal tunnel syndrome.   And driving it in the winter? BIG FAT TRIP TO NOPEVILLE.  I hope the I-26 reconstruction is done by now. I would like to go back to Biltmore and Hendersonville and Saluda. 

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I need a hug and a drink and a long, hot bubble bath.  Worst week in a long time.

*cries*

Screenshot_20221228_130550.thumb.jpg.101b09e27cee5797c449dff7feedf4f5.jpg

peeve: bad weeks

Yeah, shaping up to be the worst last couple weeks of the year ever for me.  My husband was admitted to the hospital on Christmas but should be home tomorrow.  Today, my mother, who just turned 87 Christmas Eve, fell in the bathroom so spent 12 hours in the ER waiting for a bed to free up.  She's mostly ok, just sore and weak.  She can't come home, though, without some rehab so I'll be spending tomorrow looking for an available skilled nursing facility.  😥

• Sad 21

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yeah, shaping up to be the worst last couple weeks of the year ever for me.  My husband was admitted to the hospital on Christmas but should be home tomorrow.  Today, my mother, who just turned 87 Christmas Eve, fell in the bathroom so spent 12 hours in the ER waiting for a bed to free up.  She's mostly ok, just sore and weak.  She can't come home, though, without some rehab so I'll be spending tomorrow looking for an available skilled nursing facility.  😥

I'm sorry Rowan.  Hugs* for you too.  It's hard when those that are close to us get sick or injured.  I hope everyone heals quickly.

*(Or just sympathy if you aren't a hugger)

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I’m sorry Rowan I hope things get better for you all. Hugs ❤️🩹❤️🩹

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: More bad weather coming next week after this warm up we're getting..

I always watch this guy.. he's really good.. He was right on the money with that cold weather that hit the country  recently.. he was on it when it was still sitting out in the Pacific like a week before it hit everywhere..

He's saying there could be 10 ft of snow in some places out west..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We were supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow overnight.  We woke up to 9 inches.

We were at 68 F this past Tue.

Ya that system that came in was kind of like a lifetime event.. because for like the first time in years there was weather warnings all over the country at the same time from the same event.. like a week before it ever hit us , this guy was predicting it was gonna be bad.. I think there was like 38 deaths from this system in the U.S. and Canada..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

What's really starting to yank my chain is why stretch isn't automatically enabled for EVERYTHING in the edit menu. Why aren't ALL clothes resizeable FGS? Reams and reams of different versions for each body.... why?? All those gorgeous boots that just won't fit over jeans, or jackets that can't be worn, becuz bleed-thru.

Just WHY???? Is it more work for the designer to enable it or something? Some technical reason?

*bursts into tears as she walks out of Eudora 3D empty-handed AGAIN

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sirrella said:

What's really starting to yank my chain is why stretch isn't automatically enabled for EVERYTHING in the edit menu. Why aren't ALL clothes resizeable FGS? Reams and reams of different versions for each body.... why?? All those gorgeous boots that just won't fit over jeans, or jackets that can't be worn, becuz bleed-thru.

Just WHY???? Is it more work for the designer to enable it or something? Some technical reason?

*bursts into tears as she walks out of Eudora 3D empty-handed AGAIN

All modern mesh clothing is rigged.

This prevents the scale and position etc being modified.

If you want boots over pants, the creator has to explicitly make boots to go over your pants, for the pants you have, on the body you have.

It sucks. This is also why you have to be careful when shopping to make sure the items you're buying are even compatible with the body (etc) you have.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

All modern mesh clothing is rigged.

This prevents the scale and position etc being modified.

If you want boots over pants, the creator has to explicitly make boots to go over your pants, for the pants you have, on the body you have.

It sucks. This is also why you have to be careful when shopping to make sure the items you're buying are even compatible with the body (etc) you have.

Just for my education.... is it technically possible for a designer to make an alpha hud specifically for a piece of clothing? Not to hide the whole thing in one click, but with selectable areas, like for bodies? I mean I get that's probably way too much work for each and every piece of clothing, just wondered if it was technically feasible?

Edited by Sirrella

SL Peeve 009: Logging in for the first time in 204 years in world and find the region you in being griefed. (Did lodge an AR since some newb spawned boatloads of crap all over the place.)

RL Peeve 009a: Waking up and your spouse left a big mess in parts of the house. (Did lodge an AR aka Cast Iron Skillet to the head!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Sirrella said:

Just for my education.... is it technically possible for a designer to make an alpha hud specifically for a piece of clothing? Not to hide the whole thing in one click, but with selectable areas, like for bodies? I mean I get that's probably way too much work for each and every piece of clothing, just wondered if it was technically feasible?

A lot will give alpha layers with their outfits, but there are also a lot that won't..

The alpha cuts that come with your mesh body hud, have an advantage over the alpha layers in things like, when you have one arm exposed and one that is clipping through the only sleeve.. With alpha layers you can only alpha out both arm's, but with alpha cuts from the mesh body hud, you can alpha out one arm..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1