10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I get notifications for posts in threads/sub-forums that are in my list, for any quoting of me, for posts by people that I follow, and if anyone mentions me, but not for Reactions.  I definitely remember turning that specific type of notification off long ago.  However, I can no longer find any way to turn off notifications of just Reactions.

Click on the bell at the top of the page then in the dropdown click on Notification Settings.

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Click on the bell at the top of the page then in the dropdown click on Notification Settings.

The Notification Settings page and the various areas expanded are shown below.  Nowhere is there any setting for notifications of "reactions".  I have them turned off -- turned them off a couple of years ago -- but I'll be damned if I can find any way to do so now (or to even turn them back on, if I wanted to).

image.png.439f844a5c501af7b46d6d30284fff55.png

image.png.8f65889849681f7472e7e80e92f2fc61.png

image.png.66bb14593b75e171b806a19f5170c389.png

image.png.f34896ff1919983fdd2a06c6a24ec559.png

image.png.c91895fd68f740583b287087bae2b719.png

image.png.2c30c97915023759e0492126bbe58479.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

WTH ?!?!?!?!

That's worse than most of the super horrid crap that I find these days.  Old flexi gown or old flexi hair maybe?

Brand new item at an event that opened today! I just find it so frustrating because the thing that is supposed to tell the average user whether or not something is too complex doesnt actually convey that information. It's OK for me because I have a decent grasp of the viewer and so on, but if we try to explain this every time someone says, well, I'm under 50k! ... you just run out of steam fast and it's not really a way to make friends, lol. I appreciate learning all this stuff on the forums but out there in the world it doesn't seem to make a dent.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Notification Settings page and the various areas expanded are shown below.  Nowhere is there any setting for notifications of "reactions".  I have them turned off -- turned them off a couple of years ago -- but I'll be damned if I can find any way to do so now (or to even turn them back on, if I wanted to).

image.png.439f844a5c501af7b46d6d30284fff55.png

image.png.8f65889849681f7472e7e80e92f2fc61.png

image.png.66bb14593b75e171b806a19f5170c389.png

image.png.f34896ff1919983fdd2a06c6a24ec559.png

image.png.c91895fd68f740583b287087bae2b719.png

image.png.2c30c97915023759e0492126bbe58479.png

Looks like you have it all turned on so it should be working. Have you tried unchecking, saving and then rechecking and saving? Just the Mentions one. Apparently old settings didn't port over to the new "system" very well.

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Looks like you have it all turned on so it should be working. Have you tried unchecking, saving and then rechecking and saving? Just the Mentions one. Apparently old settings didn't port over to the new "system" very well.

And logging out of the forums?  It seems like it should be working.

52 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

46 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And logging out of the forums?  It seems like it should be working.

Well, I do not actually want to get notifications of the "reactions".  My original comment on it stemmed from someone else wanting to not get them also.  Even though I distinctly remember turning them off -- in this Invision  forum software (as opposed to that last rendition crap of these forums) -- I couldn't find how to do so anymore. So I assume that the option went away in one of the release upgrades that they've done since they first started using this Invision stuff.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, I do not actually want to get notifications of the "reactions".  My original comment on it stemmed from someone else wanting to not get them also.  Even though I distinctly remember turning them off -- in this Invision  forum software (as opposed to that last rendition crap of these forums) -- I couldn't find how to do so anymore. So I assume that the option went away in one of the release upgrades that they've done since they first started using this Invision stuff.

I know what you mean. I had mine set a certain way and now I can't change it. Well I can but it will change ALL of the previous settings and I DON'T want that. So I'm not touching it. lol

This was not a good move on either LL's or Invision's part, whichever one made the decision to remove features without bothering to let the users know.

• Like 1

People who can't communicate concisely.

My boss does not know how to write a short email. Every single one is like 8+ paragraphs long. I usually end up pulling out a piece of paper and writing a conclusion of each paragraph just so I can begin to understand what he is trying to say.

I work with software which is a creative process, anything that interrupts my train of thought can mess me up for hours. It makes dealing with him very stressful. Headache inducing.

• Like 2

A shop which spams ad notecards then makes me very annoyed when I go to unsubscribe, thinking surely I must have been subscribed.  I click the board only to find it subscribes me.  Oh no!  Click again to unsubscribe.  "No, you hapless slime not fit to take my gifts lest you complain about it, you may not unsubscribe for 15 minutes."  If they hoped I'd shop while waiting, they were wrong.  I don't even like their goods.  So there.  Block block block.

stamps foot

I am in Tiny mode and I is angry.

p.s. they is a biggie shop

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, rigged for the Maitreya body...... sure it is.

image.png.d65a74bb7be38f0c4f49b9b257855539.png

image.png.a8d5f1a413ff10464179f1da81c34b06.png

There is one designer, whose clothes I'd love to wear,.that has no clue what rigged to a body means.  I've yet to try one anything they make that works properly.  And they're usually at all the events, too.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Creators dropping support for the ubiquitous Gianni, but continue to make new releases for the Jake body that hasn't been updated in eons.

This makes me scratch my head, too. I'm now seeing more and more menswear stores rigging only for Jake and Legacy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

This makes me scratch my head, too. I'm now seeing more and more menswear stores rigging only for Jake and Legacy.

Same, like where is the logic? Are there really that many more folks with Jake then other of the actually updated bodies for masc folk?

I don't get it.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 7:05 PM, Jordan Whitt said:

Today's peeve...

Being called a Karen once again. 

I'm beginning to wonder if this is just the retort of them that do not like being challenged in a conversation or if I need to get a haircut and ask to speak to the manager!

I've noticed that a TON of people will call someone a Karen, just because they are annoyed/angry with them. It's becoming universal to transition from what it really means to simply use it when one is trying to insult someone in a haughty way.

My peeve: People who overuse trending words or phrases. Be creative and make up your own.

Edited by ClariceRose
added my peeve