Why When Accessing The Second Life Forums Via Secondlife.com Users Are Redirected To Community.Secondlife.com

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Doesn't matter if its self-hosted or not - all of the varied sections use the same format. Accounts.Secondlife, Marketplace.Secondlife, Cashier.Secondlife ...

They have been like this for a very long time at that.

The faux concern is quite obvious as it really shouldn't have taken this long to notice. Nor should it be a concern.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Maryanne Solo said:

Well that's quite blunt. lol
It's simply a question borne from curiosity.
This is totally dependant upon ones knowledge of interwebs, be it vast or basic.
When I was a mere TV watcher I may have posed a similar question as I ventured into the ether. 

If such were the case, it'd be somewhat excusable. Post history clearly shows such is not the case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

If such were the case, it'd be somewhat excusable. Post history clearly shows such is not the case.

Ahh ok.
I am not a serious enough forum user to be doing history searches and I respect those that do.
My comment was merely a shrug and wasn't meant to be a broadside.
Apologies if taken that way. 😖  

2 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Ahh ok.
I am not a serious enough forum user to be doing history searches and I respect those that do.
My comment was merely a shrug and wasn't meant to be a broadside.
Apologies if taken that way. 😖  

No worries. I didn't even need to do a history check - just been here for many of the posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

The faux concern …

Yeah. Watching mostly from a distance, I've been thinking of reasons to identify "vulnerabilities" that don't exist. Three come to mind:

1. Naive paranoiac obsession
  2. Failed probing for potential loci to exploit
  3. Cultivation of FUD

With enough online certification #1 could lead to employment, #2 to incarceration, but my money is on #3 at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hunny Bunny said:

Why isn’t there a mouse flavored cat food?

Ok, get ready to have your dinner spoiled.

Humans have to be the taste testers since cats can't talk. Humans have no idea what a mouse tastes like because they don't eat them. We can only taste test what we can eat.

For some strange reason I keep hearing Howie Mandel's voice as Bobby.

7z61z1yseoby.jpg?auto=webp&s=5162ee0ef2e

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Humans have to be the taste testers since cats can't talk

Short story: My mom has one of those calendars that tells you a random fact every day. During Christmas, it was about the over 200 cats, that are employed in one of Mars pet food facilities in the Netherlands. We were curious and googled it and came across a video about the facility. Part of the video was an interview with a dude in a labcoat, who just squished  some cat food with his hands, talking about the fine tuning to archieve the perfect texture... and then he just dipped his fingers into that mush and casually ate a bit as if it was the most normal thing to do.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Ok, get ready to have your dinner spoiled.

Humans have to be the taste testers since cats can't talk. Humans have no idea what a mouse tastes like because they don't eat them. We can only taste test what we can eat.

For some strange reason I keep hearing Howie Mandel's voice as Bobby.

When you eat food your smell and taste are both used together. Our tongues can only taste salty, bitter, sour, sweet, and some say umami. So, when you eat a donut you taste sweetness and a maybe a little salt but a lot of the flavor comes from what you also smell while eating.

When you smell something you are experiencing a lot of the sensory information as if you were eating it.

So, when you smell poop...

16 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

No, the forums are hosted on separate servers from other SL web properties. The correct way to handle this is to put the forums on a subdomain, which is precisely what LL did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdomain

Wait Maddy you mean.. this is not a secret LL’s scheme to redirect us to a page that sneakily uses our CPUs for crypto mining? Oh.. because I was about to freak out just now 😰🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Wait Maddy you mean.. this is not a secret LL’s scheme to redirect us to a page that sneakily uses our CPUs for crypto mining? Oh.. because I was about to freak out just now 😰🤣

...peers over her glasses at you. Of course there's nothing nefarious afoot.*

*Krystina!!! How can I achieve world domination when you're outing my use of LL to do my bidding. Fortunately, nobody reads the fine print.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.