Cinnamon&Chai Body

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Looking more.closely, the hands on that shape definitely look a bit large.  

They look proportional. Most of the women's mesh bodies on SL have hands and wrists that don't match the rest of the body they're on. Considering I still use Slink hands and feet on other bodies frequently, I'm willing to trust Siddean's vision on that one. Those hands and feet are still the best sculpted ones on the market.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I do like the lower body shape, and the foot changing via animations.  Where I have an issue is the upper arm/ shoulder area. It's got that "extruded pasta" look even moreso than my Maitreya, and honestly that's already the bane of my existence.

I'll definitely try a demo because it might look better inworld than on a video, and it does appear to have some cool features.  It'll be interesting to see if it picks up popularity.

I went to look at the video again, thinking: "What the bleep is extruded pasta look?" And then I saw it. 😨

I'll certainly demo it, as I do every body. I still think the hips are too high (based on 40+ years of doing figure drawing) and the torso a tad too short, but I'll see what the sliders can do. And as @Marianne Little mentioned earlier, I need to dial those breasts way down and see what it looks like when it's the equivalent to a Lara with the Petite add-on. Hopefully realistic. Finally, there is some odd distortion to the hips and thighs in certain poses but again, a demo will allow us to check that out.

Cool! Glad to see more body competition.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I went to look at the video again, thinking: "What the bleep is extruded pasta look?" And then I saw it. 😨

Yeah... it's one of those things that Cannot Be Unseen.  I believe the update to Maitreya 5.3 had some minor tweaks that minimized it somewhat.  Thus far the only women's body I've seen that does a truly good shoulder/ upper arm is Belleza.  Legacy has it.  Maitreya has it, albeit in a less obvious form than it once did.  I'm not sure on the older Slink bodies; I haven't had mine out in a good while.  And I don't own any of the newer bodies out... but Belleza really did a beautiful job on that body part.  I just wish Isis had better support, because I would be ALL over that lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

It's out now if anyone wants to go try a demo. I bought it, I really like it! Cutest feet ever, I must say, and I really like the stomach too. The breasts can go enormous but as far as the backside goes it isn't competing with any of the other recent bodies, much more modest proportions.

How much is going for, Stephanie?

And do the boobs downsize well?

1 minute ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

It costs 4800L. The breasts don't look good under 25 in the sliders.

Ouch. And thanks. I'll certainly demo it, but I think I might wait a bit to see how well supported it ends up being before buying it at that price.

25-30 on the breast sliders might be ok, depending on how responsive the body is.

• Like 1

I've tried the demo, and didn't like it at all. The sliders are not very responsible, for example, the "love handles" one doesn't change at all. Certainly not what I'd expect for 5k lindens in 2021. Even going from 0 to 100 body fat you can see that it doesn't change that much. I couldn't make it small or big enough, it has a curvy (albeit realistic, I guess) hourglass shape with any settings. It's a pity, because I really liked both Slink bodies in the past.

• Thanks 1

From the sounds of it, it sounded like it is a body that she cared a lot about and is probably for the most part in her taste, she cares a lot about optimization as well, I'm just assuming so, so it's not for everyone's taste buds and probably not as flexible, but her older bodies haven't really been flexible either in terms of body types so I honestly didn't expect this one to be either.

It looks like a in-between of her physique and hourglass bodies, so if her older bodies were up to your taste then this one will probably be too, but obviously like with any other bodies, people will like some and dislike others, it is up to one's preference whenever they will like a body or not.

I will probably not get this body as I already got a few and I prefer more flexible ones as I switch body types a lot, but I do hope for the people that do get this body that it will get just as much support as others.

Tried the demo, as expected it's not for me. it's not terrible, but it's not good either in my opinion. "Just another body" would be how I describe it.

26 minutes ago, PixelBerry said:

but I do hope for the people that do get this body that it will get just as much support as others.

If something gets support - something gets dropped, at least by people who value their sanity. Clothing creators are people too and rigging for 10+ different bodies (and even more if count chest options with petite/perky/flat options if it's a not just the bottom piece) is a nightmare.

I see more and more mention it lately in the group notices or flickr posts where customers keep asking them "but why not for this body?" type of questions. And with Reborn being fairy popular I've already seen some dropping either Kupra or Freya (one store just added Freya to her usual mix of Maitreya+Petite and Legacy+Perky and 3 releases later switched to Reborn) to add Reborn size. There are still those who try to appeal to all and rig for as many bodies as they can, but even those say just tiring it is. For examples: Muse's latest two releases had a delay with some body sizes and she just said how tiring it has become and there's even more bodies on the way (I assume she meant Slink's one, but maybe there's something else coming soon), or AsteroidBox's creator who's put a blog post explaining why he can't rig for all those bodies anymore a few months ago.

Variety is a good thing, usually. But in such cases it has a severe downsides for the creators, and even for the customers who might want to shop from different stores, but find those stores not supporting their bodies just because there's so many of them now. Things sure were much more simple back into "the big 3" Maitreya+Freya+Hourglass days.

P.S.

Most fun of it all is that Maitreya probably benefits from it the most while not doing anything. It's still the most supported body by far, so always a safe choice for clothing, accessories and shoes while that "body war" is going on with a new released every other month.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Tried the demo, as expected it's not for me. it's not terrible, but it's not good either in my opinion. "Just another body" would be how I describe it.

If something gets support - something gets dropped, at least by people who value their sanity. Clothing creators are people too and rigging for 10+ different bodies (and even more if count chest options with petite/perky/flat options if it's a not just the bottom piece) is a nightmare.

I see more and more mention it lately in the group notices or flickr posts where customers keep asking them "but why not for this body?" type of questions. And with Reborn being fairy popular I've already seen some dropping either Kupra or Freya (one store just added Freya to her usual mix of Maitreya+Petite and Legacy+Perky and 3 releases later switched to Reborn) to add Reborn size. There are still those who try to appeal to all and rig for as many bodies as they can, but even those say just tiring it is. For examples: Muse's latest two releases had a delay with some body sizes and she just said how tiring it has become and there's even more bodies on the way (I assume she meant Slink's one, but maybe there's something else coming soon), or AsteroidBox's creator who's put a blog post explaining why he can't rig for all those bodies anymore a few months ago.

Yeah I'm not like that, if a clothing piece doesn't have a size for a body that I like then I'm fine with it.

I switch between Legacy classic/perky, Kupra and Ebody, because I like something about each of them, but I won't get salty over a piece of clothing, because I do understand the work that goes trough having to rig for every single body out there, but I also can understand that people feel like it sucks whenever their bodies get dropped or doesn't get support at all, but people need to remember that creators are creating for a living on SL, so the time they spent on rigging for a body that doesn't sell well, won't sell well for them either so it is a waste of time no matter how much someone wanted that piece of clothing for their body.

And whining about it to creators constantly makes them want to do it less, we get it you are really invested into this " random body " but don't forget that sometimes a store is just one person that will have to do every single thing themselves, and this person cannot please every single person on SL, it is literally impossible to do so.

They are not some type of god that can hocus pocus a size out of thin air for every body out there.

• Like 1

I could not get in for a demo. The region was probably full. I forgot to look in the group notices. Is it a demo there? That would be practical.

But the price... No. Just no. I have to buy 100% of the skins, clothes, shoes, body jewelry and other things for the body. But 4800 is only a few hundred cheaper than Legacy, and we had much to say about Legacy and price, didn't we? At least Legacy could wear older skins with nail fixers, and tattoos and stuff. 

If this CinnamonChai body had an introduction price and I loved it, I could pay 2000 for it and hope for creators jumping on it. I am sure the price scares people away. It did for me.

The Lelutka Evo X also started with a new template, and I believe it was smart of them to have that tab to switch between Evo and Evo X. This way, all the old content worked.

And then she put out updates to Evo X of every Evo head, even the freebie that they gave us last Xmas. This makes other creators more eager to make stuff for it, since a lot of SL residents now own a Lelutka Evo X head. What other head creator would update a whole head line, instead of "you must buy the new model, we do not update".

It is the number of potential customers that make it worth the time and effort to create for a mesh body part. Creators need money, and they create for the largest customer bases. If the market was flooded with CinnamonChai bodies, there would be more content. Then the price could be set to normal after, let us say a month. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I could not get in for a demo. The region was probably full. I forgot to look in the group notices. Is it a demo there? That would be practical.

But the price... No. Just no. I have to buy 100% of the skins, clothes, shoes, body jewelry and other things for the body. But 4800 is only a few hundred cheaper than Legacy, and we had much to say about Legacy and price, didn't we? At least Legacy could wear older skins with nail fixers, and tattoos and stuff. 

If this CinnamonChai body had an introduction price and I loved it, I could pay 2000 for it and hope for creators jumping on it. I am sure the price scares people away. It did for me.

The Lelutka Evo X also started with a new template, and I believe it was smart of them to have that tab to switch between Evo and Evo X. This way, all the old content worked.

And then she put out updates to Evo X of every Evo head, even the freebie that they gave us last Xmas. This makes other creators more eager to make stuff for it, since a lot of SL residents now own a Lelutka Evo X head. What other head creator would update a whole head line, instead of "you must buy the new model, we do not update".

It is the number of potential customers that make it worth the time and effort to create for a mesh body part. Creators need money, and they create for the largest customer bases. If the market was flooded with CinnamonChai bodies, there would be more content. Then the price could be set to normal after, let us say a month. 

Agree with pretty much all the points here.

LeLutka put in a huuuuuge amount of work to make the introduction of Evo X a success.

I'll be following Cinnamon & Chai, but the new UV... eh. I'd be more interested if it was an open standard (or freely licensed) so that other bodies can adopt the same UV mapping to reduce market fragmentation (in a way that actually helps consumers).

• Like 2

Tried it on. After about 25 seconds of playing with the sliders, I decided it isn't for either of my alts. It is a curvy body, and especially with their height (being 157 and 168 respectively), it's much too squished together to get any kind of lithe shape.

The breasts are shaped to be on the larger side of things, if you go too low on the slider your ribs will suddenly just implode and move the entire root area into your chest cavity rather than making the breasts themselves any smaller - meanwhile the slider only really affects their 'depth' at the lower end of things, they're still very bulky on the other axes. The hips and posterior too are clearly designed for rounder shapes, and whilst I could bring it down quite far, doing so somehow made the waist line look like she'd snap like a twig unless supported by a tightly strung corset (which, on the other hand, would make the breast shape make some sense, I suppose).

That said, it looks pretty nicely made. I'm not about to try making a curvy shape to see what it would look like in it's 'true element', though, I'll just wait and see what people who do end up doing with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just demoed it. Issa no from me. 

The body shape is alright, if you like that kind of body shape. When you start playing with the sliders....my goodness. I adjusted the butt a little bit and the hips sucked in. I've...never seen that before.

I tend to like versatile bodies, this...is what you see is what you get. You're almost completely locked in to what ever shape this will come with. Your own personal shape? There will be none of that.

I'm kind of shocked, Hourglass was much more versatile than this. Wow.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I tried it, and while I love the lower half of the body -- the shaping is nicely realistic, and the animated feet are awesome!!! also, the foot blender tattoos work beautifully-- the upper body leaves me cold.  The chest is too round regardless of how one plays with the size and gravity sliders, and if I go below 30 on the size, it starts to look like someone pasted breast implants directly on my chest wall with no surrounding tissue.

The shoulders have, if possible, an even more extreme "extruded pasta" issue than I'd viewed in the video, and the clavicle is over-exaggerated to the point where it's hard for me to look at.  This skin is the one I already wear, from DeeTaleZ.

Cinnamon Chai Clavicle.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Going to pass as well. The breasts look awful to me(they look like a bad boob job imo), and the sliders overall on the body don't sway the ways I like. I like the little bit of angle to the hips, rather than just.. round like some bodies these days, but the legs can't go big/chunky enough for wide hips unless you want extreme pony thighs.

The pricing isn't very competitive with everybody and their mothers making mesh bodies these days, it seems.

Interested to see if anything is addressed at some point, and if so i'll take another look.

36 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I tried it, and while I love the lower half of the body -- the shaping is nicely realistic, and the animated feet are awesome!!! also, the foot blender tattoos work beautifully-- the upper body leaves me cold.  The chest is too round regardless of how one plays with the size and gravity sliders, and if I go below 30 on the size, it starts to look like someone pasted breast implants directly on my chest wall with no surrounding tissue.

The shoulders have, if possible, an even more extreme "extruded pasta" issue than I'd viewed in the video, and the clavicle is over-exaggerated to the point where it's hard for me to look at.  This skin is the one I already wear, from DeeTaleZ.

I thought that clavical looked off in the video.  Good capture to show the detail.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I thought the UV was supposed to be completely different.  She even mentioned skins.that use the regular SLUV wouldn't work.  Hmm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.