Cinnamon&Chai Body

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I thought the UV was supposed to be completely different.  She even mentioned skins.that use the regular SLUV wouldn't work.  Hmm.

The SLUV works for the Chai body, but not the Cinnamon body. The Chai body uses a hybrid system; the hands and feet are on a different UV, but the body isn't....so you still have to use blenders for the feet.

I didn't even get that far, because of the shape and the sliders.....OMG, why? Whhhhhhyyyyyy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I thought the UV was supposed to be completely different.  She even mentioned skins.that use the regular SLUV wouldn't work.  Hmm.

From what I could tell, the issues are on the feet.  She supplied foot blenders for those, and in all honesty they work really well.

Edited to add: heading inworld to get a picture of the feet before and after; I'll have to combine them into one pic, but that shouldn't take an absurd amount of time.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll

5 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

The SLUV works for the Chai body, but not the Cinnamon body. The Chai body uses a hybrid system; the hands and feet are on a different UV, but the body isn't....so you still have to use blenders for the feet.

I didn't even get that far, because of the shape and the sliders.....OMG, why? Whhhhhhyyyyyy?

Hmmm.... That is a benefit, unless a tattoo goes down over hands and feet. But that shoulder image posted here a little time ago, is really painful to look at.

I was thinking of using a special body only for lingerie and showing off curves, but this one can not be it. I better dust off that Legacy Petite I bought on 50% off sale last year.

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Hmmm.... That is a benefit, unless a tattoo goes down over hands and feet. But that shoulder image posted here a little time ago, is really painful to look at.

I was thinking of using a special body only for lingerie and showing off curves, but this one can not be it. I better dust off that Legacy Petite I bought on 50% off sale last year.

I like the idea of them using the UDIM for the body texture for the Cinnamon body. It's technical, but it should end up with a higher resolution skin texture that way. Which is great. Its forward thinking and it's squeezing the most out of what is possible in SL.

It's the locking you into a certain shape. One of the sliders didn't work at all!

Overwhelmed gif 8 » GIF Images Download

I'm beside myself still. I just don't understand it.

• Like 1

It's so much fun to try on a new body. There are some lovely details in the shape, especially the stomach and lower back. I'm impressed with the foot animations. The innovations are great. A new skin UV shouldn't be much of an issue, I use velour 99% of the time so as long as they release for this body I'd be set. And the ability to use standard UV in a pinch is good too. The main reason I won't be getting it right away is the rigging. Most of the poses in my current AO broke the shoulders. Something about the way the wrists and hand animated was off too. With more careful selection of animations it wouldn't be as much of an issue perhaps. I use the Hourglass with no rigging problems so I'm hoping it can be improved in updates.

I wish there were more clothing options at launch. The shop has a small selection but nothing exactly my style. And everything is only sold as a fatpack for 700L. And then the price for the body. I would pay it, but it is higher than all the other popular bodies except Legacy. I'm afraid that will hurt adoption. A launch sale probably would have gotten me to buy for FOMO. And last, the sliders are so unresponsive. I felt like whatever shape I made, it was all the same shape. That alone isn't enough to stop me from buying though, as long as I like that one shape it's okay. Just less bang for the buck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 4:09 PM, Janet Voxel said:

I'm beside myself still. I just don't understand it.

Yeah, this. Totally.

I just tried it and . . . wow. Not good. I am so disappointed! I really like Slink, and was hoping this was going to be good, but wow, is it ever not.

The boobs are HUGE, and really don't downsize well at all. The clavicle, as someone mentioned, is like a bookshelf. The shoulders have that Maitreya thing happening, which you can fix but only if you ramp up your torso muscles and shoulders. And even the bottom half -- the feet are good, but the knees are a bit wonky, and you could drive a zamboni between the upper thighs.

It was a very well defined body, and I did like the HD skin for Cinnamon. But . . . well, I hope someone likes it, but I sure don't.

As I said, really really disappointed. And, as Janet says, kind of incomprehensible.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this. Totally.

I just tried it and . . . wow. Not good. I am so disappointed! I really like Slink, and was hoping this was going to be good, but wow, is it ever not.

The boobs are HUGE, and really don't downsize well at all. The clavicle, as someone mentioned, is like a bookshelf. The shoulders have that Maitreya thing happening, which you can fix but only if you ramp up your torso muscles and shoulders. And even the bottom half -- the feet are good, but the knees are a bit wonky, and you could drive a zamboni between the upper thighs.

It was a very well defined body, and I did like the HD skin for Cinnamon. But . . . well, I hope someone likes it, but I sure don't.

As I said, really really disappointed. And, as Janet says, kind of incomprehensible.

To be honest, I didn’t want to say this before: I feel trolled.

Between the high price, the way the sliders don’t respond, the odd shape, etc. I feel like this was a statement of some kind.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

To be honest, I didn’t want to say this before: I feel trolled.

Between the high price, the way the sliders don’t respond, the odd shape, etc. I feel like this was a statement of some kind.

Yeah. It's so odd and unexpected. Whether or not you like the aesthetic, there's no arguing that Physique and Hourglass are not well made: they are very nice bodies, and pretty responsive (Physique is, anyway) to sliders.

I can only assume that Siddean had a very particular target market in mind, because this is certainly not a very versatile body. Maybe she's aiming at the Kupra crowd, and idea is that this is a sort of replacement for Hourglass? If so, I think she's still missed the mark. Then again, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about that: I really did not expect Kupra to take off the way it has.

What surely would have been better was to have built upon Hourglass or Physique (probably the former), and improved one of those, rather than produce something so completely different and, as I say, inflexible.

I suppose I hope it succeeds, in part because I just generally like Slink and Siddean, and maybe in the hope that, if it does do well, she produces a much better version more along the lines of a Physique.

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I suppose I hope it succeeds

It won't. And that's probably a good thing. Because if it would, then instead of producing an improved version of HG/PHS, it could be very well be another version of the body that doesn't react to sliders well, just with another shape and a ridiculous price tag in already oversatured market. Clarification: ridiculous for what it is. As much as I dislike the company behind the Legacy, they offer a better product for the same price and in two versions (regular and perky/petite), both of which respond to sliders better than most other bodies on the market. And alternatives are either cheaper by some or nearly half as much.

Also if previous year(s) is something to go by, then most bodies will be 50% off next week (belleza ones are still are since the update, so for months), while that Cinnamon one is very unlikely to go on sale right after the release. Whole two people who bought it might get angry they had to pay full price a week early if it does.

But jokes aside  - unlike with Legacy, Kupra and Reborn there's zero social media buzz and hype about this body. Only two times I've seen it would be this forum and Slink's flickr. Thereis no high profile bloggers previewing/reviewing it, not interest at all. Maybe she took lessons from Tricky (Belleza's creator) about how to not lift a finger about promoting the product, because they are the very same in that.

So I don't have much doubts it will/was a flop, but perhaps if she won't give up on creating new stuff, it'll be a good (even if painful) lesson to do better next time. In a way it's perfectly fine she has created a body she wanted to/enjoys, based on her comments on earlier prevews of that it's exactly what it is. But rarely if ever such creations are successful, be it rl or sl. You gotta research the market first, check already existing alternatives, find the niche/goal and aim to do better than other options. If you won't, then already saturated market just won't notice it.

• Like 2

Maybe she's aiming at the Kupra crowd, and idea is that this is a sort of replacement for Hourglass?

Absolutely not. I'm not sure what demographic this was going for, but it definitely wasn't the Kupra crowd.

Then again, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about that: I really did not expect Kupra to take off the way it has.

Really? I'm not sure why not. If you look at the history of mesh bodies in SL there has always been more than one "curvy" body on the market. When there were three or four main bodies on the market two of the four were Hourglass and Freya. The slimmer bodies were Maitreya and Physique. More curvy bodies were added over time, long before we got slimmer and flat chested addons. 

While some users on this forum tend to make fun of more curvier shapes. It's a popular body type. The older more curvy bodies lacked hands and feet and were...well y'know, more niche. Since Kupra was new, had a good feature set and had good support right out of the gate, it was bound to be successful. All it took to capture a fragmented curvy body market was someone to come along and do all of those things: can be larger or smaller (relatively), has hands and feet, has support and is relatively easy to use.

I suppose I hope it succeeds, in part because I just generally like Slink and Siddean, and maybe in the hope that, if it does do well, she produces a much better version more along the lines of a Physique.

I was hoping it was going to successful too. Legacy came back with a rebrand and was successful despite everything we know about them. Ebody which was always an almost good enough body, rebranded and seems to be enjoying some serious success. Why not the woman that gave us mesh hands and feet? This seems to be the point where people draw the line and say "No." though.

• Like 3

to be fair I think Siddean Munro has always a preference for satisfying what they want to express in their work. I like this and respect it

same with all other body and head makers, they have each their own ways and express these thru their work. And is all good that they do

i don't get disappointed when a creative goes in a different direction with a later work

like I have pre-bento mesh head.  When the creator came out with a bento head, even tho was quite nice and I thought quite well made, I never liked it on my avatar even tho I did try my best to like it, but it just wasn't me, so just carry on with my really head that I have

i think we all have this in common with creatives. Everybody who has ever logged into to SL more than a few times is a creative in their own way. And we all have preferences that satisfy our own expression of our ourselves and the world we are in. And I can respect that as well

some people's avatars are so way different to mine, and sometimes I can't even begin to understand what is going thru their mind to arrive at what they are expressing. But I can like and respect their expression even when I sometimes don't understand it

14 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

While some users on this forum tend to make fun of more curvier shapes. It's a popular body type. The older more curvy bodies lacked hands and feet and were...well y'know, more niche. Since Kupra was new, had a good feature set and had good support right out of the gate, it was bound to be successful. All it took to capture a fragmented curvy body market was someone to come along and do all of those things: can be larger or smaller (relatively), has hands and feet, has support and is relatively easy to use.

Legacy landed at the right time, when the options were Lara and a seemingly abandoned Freya.

My interpretation of the whole scene is, men generally prefer curvier avatars.

Sometimes people complain to you that no one roleplays with them(On RP sims), I'd tell them to put on some booty. It sounds ridiculous but from my observations larger avatars get more attention.

• Like 1

I just _do not_ understand making a whole fresh mesh body and releasing it without partnerships with one of the major fashion and cosmetic brands. Like, pay them to make a few new clothing pieces or at least re-rig some old releases if you have to. But don't send it out there buck-naked and with no skins to match the popular head skins. It's marketing 101. It's how Legacy went from being the ghost of TMP to 1b in the rankings to Maitreya's 1a.

19 hours ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

So, a bit of news!

The Cinnamon and Chai UV is now available for any mesh body creator to use!

Licenced under Creative Commons, see the post here:

https://becomecinnamon.com/cinnamonchaiuv/

I am 100% behind Siddean on this UVmap.  I hope that the other body creators (Gryphon I am looking at ya!) either take her up on the licence of make an 'SL Body UVmap agreement' between themselves on another with these attributes.  The experience of EvoX tells me the market and skin makers are ready for this.

But that doesn't mean I am buying a Cinnamon & Chai v1 body.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I am 100% behind Siddean on this UVmap.  I hope that the other body creators (Gryphon I am looking at ya!) either take her up on the licence of make an 'SL Body UVmap agreement' between themselves on another with these attributes.  The experience of EvoX tells me the market and skin makers are ready for this.

But that doesn't mean I am buying a Cinnamon & Chai v1 body.

I think a new skin template will be received well on an existing body, that would be released in an "SL UV" version of the body and a "NEW UV" version. To ease the transition. Customers can then live with the huge inventory of shoes and clothes they have collected, and also use their old skins that may have large sentimental value. But also buy a new better skin and tattoos, going back and forth between the SL UV and the new one. Win for all customers. 

Looking at you, @Onyx LeShelle

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Lelutka EvoX became a huge success by making the transition to their new template optional. I am sure big body brands like Maitreya and Legacy could introduce a new body UV template. Maybe even Belleza would come after in a few years... 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.