Cinnamon&Chai Body

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So the mesh body market is about to get even more crowded. Siddean Munro the creator of slink, is coming out with a new brand called Cinnamon & Chai on November 16th. I haven't gotten to play with this one, but it looks like its in the same vein as Ebody Reborn and Legacy. The features also look pretty nice.

https://becomecinnamon.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The fact it doesn't work with any current skins might hold it back.  Guess we wait and see how quickly skin creators update to the new UV and if it will even be worth it to them.  

Because Cinnamon has a completely new and custom UV template, none of the skins currently available in Second Life will fit her. I have included a large selection of carefully crafted, handpainted skins for you to choose from, both with and without head skins and tintable layers so you can match your favourite head skin with your new Cinnamon body.

• Like 2

I can't deny and say that I'm curious about this body, however with all these new bodies coming around lately I don't know whenever this is going to gain any popularity. The feet are really neat tho, but I also want to see how it responds to sliders and if it's flexible when it comes to body types.

And uhmn the new body uv, I don't know what I feel about that, one thing is to get a new face uv with the lelutka head but another with a body, all the tattoo layers and other things I've collected over the years can't be used. And I think it also lowers the chances of getting support, as all skin creators will have to make specific appliers and work with a completly new uv for this body if they will even bother.

Edited by PixelBerry

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

The fact it doesn't work with any current skins might hold it back.  Guess we wait and see how quickly skin creators update to the new UV and if it will even be worth it to them.  

Because Cinnamon has a completely new and custom UV template, none of the skins currently available in Second Life will fit her. I have included a large selection of carefully crafted, handpainted skins for you to choose from, both with and without head skins and tintable layers so you can match your favourite head skin with your new Cinnamon body.

Yeah, that was an odd choice. Especially, since BOM happened and she was the first one to jump on it. But it could result in Higher definition Body skins.....buuuut we're back to appliers.

I have the kit for it, it's using UDIMs for textures and regular skins can be converted in blender and substance painter. It looks like a pretty easy process for those creators willing to take an extra step. I just haven't gotten the chance to read through it all the way, but she makes very thorough tutorials on how to do things included in her kit.  I've never tried to make a skin, especially in Blender or Substance Painter so I'm not quite sure how that all works. I've suspected for a while there are a couple of skin makers who are making skins this way already, so we'll see. 

Edited by Janet Voxel
I took some time out to glance at the tutorial

It deserves some love, it's body, it looks good, the features of the skin might look a bit vintage but it does look realistic. I know slink worked hard, many mesh body makers have had to revamp all the new upgraded blender and new things have come into design.  Slink Deserves the best. I rather support the new what is to come then bath know one is perfect everything is experience we all live and learn we come to sl to get away.  Whatever slink wants to do I am happy for her with this Cinnamon & Chai. 

Body need love just as anything many body in the past that did not get noticed people tried to take it down don't judge book by its cover try it really how its carried things can be done by making how you want it she is body maker she worked very hard may not be for all but she been around long time making stuff we started with mesh hands and feet.  Some don't know how much work goes in to it she got years of experience her husband being a scripter saves time it can cost a lot time and energy to make a new body  know one should have to whine about it we are all adults changes happen just like technology sl came along way.    Adam and Eve maker they should vamp together maybe she could help some skins sure many creators will come to help body is the sculpture the rest of the designers are the skin makers clothes makers so they can play dress up just as the rest of Us. Best yet to come.

Edited by RiceStevens
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Honestly?

Yuck. 😶

She... no... it looks like some Poser freebie body, absolutely not my style.

Saw a full preview on flickr earlier and it were my exact thoughts. I'll try the demo when it's out anyway, but seems like Slink's style is just not for me. Never found either of her female bodies any appealing as well.

Edited by steeljane42

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

If someone like Velour picks it up and makes some body skins, that would be very good news indeed for people who are interested in this new body. It seems a lot of skin makers are focusing on making faces now and referring buyers to other stores to buy body skins, Velour being the big one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

If someone like Velour picks it up and makes some body skins, that would be very good news indeed for people who are interested in this new body. It seems a lot of skin makers are focusing on making faces now and referring buyers to other stores to buy body skins, Velour being the big one.

Somebody's going to be making skins for it. The process looks pretty simple to me and its automated. There's a free plug in for blender to convert the existing SLUV to UDIM and at higher resolution 2048. If I messed with skins, I'd be excited to see what the result looks like inworld. So even if it doesn't take off, I'd expect some skin makers to at least play around with it once or twice.

Whether people buy into it or not is going to be another story. I'm pretty sure, since just about every big brand skin maker has created skins for Slink, they've gotten a kit. Which means someone is going to work with it.

Mmmm, I love the look of that body. Also the realistic hands. I really do not like the tiny wrists and hands on the other bodies, like new Lucybody. Tiny hands are yuck. Sure, they can be sized up, but look bad with childsized wrists. It was about time to bring back life to this brand, Slink Physique was a dying body.

But what I need to know is: Does the new one match anything at all of premade stuff? Can it use other shoes? Slink shoes? What about clothes?

Will the new skin template distort every BoM layer on top of it? Like underwear that use SLUV? And Alpha layers?

It is a gazillion female bodies now, and still Maitreya Lara to rule them all in content. What should new creators do, rig for Lucybody, Belleza (one or more), Erika, Legacy, Legacy Petite, Maitreya, Maitreya small chest, and now this body? Something has to go. What will creators pass on?

I have more belief in a new Maitreya body that has fixed some stuff people complain about, shoulders and boobs, but still can use older things with a deformer.

So this one.... I am crazy about the look, but I have not demo'ed it, and my wardrobe for Maitreya is huge.

• Like 1

One more thing... thicc bodies is not for me, and I have disliked all those bodies so much that I did not bother with a demo of them.

This body on the other hand, is more realistic (for me) as it is shown. No thicc hips, upper legs, butt and boobs. But I am sure it can be made into a thicc body, or a thinner body. I wonder how much the breasts size down (or up) and still look good.

Price will be the major point for me. It must be so low that I buy it only for special photos, even if it is ending up with too small a wardrobe for everyday use.

Edited by Marianne Little

Oh, where do we get a demo early? Siddean is not so kind that she sends the demo in group notices?

I was thinking about EvoX that also changed from SLUV template. I thought this would be terrible, and all my makeups could not be used anymore. Woe is me. I will never turn on that feature. 😪

But the market is filled up with EvoX makeups, skin, hairbases, and I see stuff I want to buy all the time. And the weekend sales always has makeups for EvoX. I have more new makeup than I can use. 🤩

So it can go this way here as well. I read more information from Siddean Munro, on how to convert existing skins to this new template. No need to start over with a totally new texture, but use the skin you already made.

• Like 2

I really want to like this. First, because I like Siddean and think that Slink is one of the more reliable and progressive mesh body makers (she spent literally an hour once helping me with a problem!). And secondly because I think it's time that mesh bodies caught up to the advances being made in mesh heads (and, I think, hair too, recently).

But I have to admit I'm not wowed by the video. I will definitely demo it, though, and if it seems to offer a level of detail and realism not available now on my existing bodies, AND is sufficiently responsive to sliders that I can get the slightly smaller-boobed and non-waif like look that I want, I'll buy it.

I think that this is a rather brave attempt to do for mesh bodies what the new LeLutka's have been doing for mesh heads. It remains to be seen if it will be greeted as enthusiastically: the lack of clothing and skins currently is certainly going to be an issue.

I also am a little dismayed by the introduction of yet another purely proprietary standard for avatar mesh parts and accessories. I wish to god that mesh and head body makers would get to together and produce a uniform standard for these things -- mapping, weighting, LOD, etc. But this, after all, is the Free Market at work, and to hell with how utterly wasteful and inefficient it all is, so long as it generates more sales, right? Vive la competition?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typos
  • Like 1

It's really hard to tell what sort of shapes a body is capable of until you've actually gotten to try it for yourself, but judging by the video .. Too 'thicc' for Mina and Neph. We'll see in a week!

For me, it's the knees, the shins with the weird line running down on them and the fat feet ... really, those feet. What happened to the old SLink feet? I don't remember them being the size of overfed hamsters. 

Why introduce a new UV map? Just for the sake of it, because HD worked so well on several mesh heads?

Marianne expressed her fear about previously released (system layer) content not fitting that bodywith the new UV mapping and I think that is indeed so. Might be overestimating the importance of a body's look versus clothing compatiblity. 

After all, SLink was the pioneer of BOM and never managed to play that card in their favor. 

What I notice at first glance is that it has more realism than a lot of other bodies, and I like that. The things I do not like might just be the shape; like how the waist is not smooth and looks collapsed. The other thing I noticed was a bit of distortion in the mesh in certain poses and animations. I found this true with the Reborn body after I bought it. It looks great standing still but doesn't transform well in certain poses. I noticed this same thing in this body's elbows.

As with all new bodies, I will try it on 🙂

Edited by Mercedes Avon
typos as always.

I do like the lower body shape, and the foot changing via animations.  Where I have an issue is the upper arm/ shoulder area. It's got that "extruded pasta" look even moreso than my Maitreya, and honestly that's already the bane of my existence.

I'll definitely try a demo because it might look better inworld than on a video, and it does appear to have some cool features.  It'll be interesting to see if it picks up popularity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Looking more.closely, the hands on that shape definitely look a bit large.  Also, the collarbone area?  Something is off there, too.  Maybe it's just the skin?

Probably just the skin. Slink does very hand painted skins, if you look at the skins that come with their mesh heads. 

Anyway, I am super excited to try the demo, always love it when a new mesh body is released and I adore Slink.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.