What do you buy most in store and on the marketplace? And what would you like to see most in the market?

0neEyeMamba

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is important for me, is that the products are good quality, mesh, rigging and texture-wise, but also if their products are modify that gives them a big golden sticker in their book.

and that they add good description on their products on the marketplace or add important information on products inworld.

I also like a easy, clean and non laggy hud, and that their stores are clean and easy to go trough and easy to find things.

It is also important the customer service is and how the creator behaves, I especially love when a creator show that they actually care about their customers, and really listen to whenever someone got a problem with their product, or that they are gladly open to feedback.

I also love if they are involved in sales, it is not a must but it certainly makes me want to return lmao.

What leaves me a bad taste is when a creator is snarky, snobby and talk to you like you are dumb, and behaves like they are better than everyone else and that they can never do mistakes, and will dismiss you whenever you have an issue with an product, that makes me want to stop buying from a store all together, I would never want to support a store owner that couldn't care less about their customers, or don't actually want to improve or optimize their stuff, k'tch the cash is all that matters.

Anyway, here's some stores that have given me a good impression by product or inworld store wise.

• Palette ( Great inworld store, clean and open store that makes it easy to find certain products, I personally haven't bought anything from them yet but the inworld store gave me a good impression, and their products looks great ).
  • E.marie ( Great inworld store and aesthetic, it also gives me a realistic store vibe with how they setup their products, they are also actively in sales and creates awesome products ).
  • Muse ( Great inworld store and products, modify, and sometimes in sales ).
  • Avec toi ( Great products, also sometimes in sales ).
  • Backbone ( Great products and a nice store aesthetic, actively in sales ).
  • Rouley ( Simple but nice inworld store and great products, actively in sales ).
  • Top1Salon ( Simple but nice inworld store and great products, actively in sales ).
  • Belzebubble ( Great products ).
  • Stoic ( Great products and a nice store aesthetic, sometimes in sales ). 
  • Semller ( Great products, actively in sales ).

There are probably more, but at the moment these are the ones I can think of.

Edited by PixelBerry
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, 0neEyeMamba said:

I'm curious to know what makes people want to return to their favorite creator or store. And who are your best creators?

I normally only shop on the MP if I'm searching for something specific such as Witch hats, broomsticks, cauldrons, etc.  If I'm simply in the mood for a new outfit, I hit the major events first and then inworld stores.  

Gizza is probably one of my favorites and has been for years.

• Like 4

1. Good quality, which may be "good enough" quality compared to other users' expectations.

2. Clothing comes with at least 2 Maitreya fits (Lara, Petite, or Flat). Shout-out to Pixicat for making their newest items in all 3.

3. Oddly, I was never interested in modifying clothing until I got a Dinkie avatar. Now, I prioritize modifiable clothing for it. 

• Like 2

I shop mainly at big events and the weekend sales these days. There are specific categories on the marketplace I am always looking at too. 

I return to creators if they are nice people. Seriously, nothing will get me to return to your store faster than if you are a nice person with great customer service. If you're a jerk I'm going to stay away even if you have the best stuff. I shop like that in real life too. I buy a lot of full perm animations for my store and I can say that most of the full perm animators are absolutely lovely, helpful people.

Obviously I look for high quality items too, it's no good having clothing that is poorly rigged, or furniture with bad LODs.

• Like 3

I don't enjoy shopping very much, so I tend to look for something specific, ignore everything else, and leave after I find it (or when I get tired of looking for it).  I use Marketplace like a shopping guide usually.  I do keyword searches to get a feel for who is selling items like whatever I am looking for, and then visit their in world shop. I won't buy clothing without trying a demo first, and I won't buy items that have a higher LOD or L.I. than they need.

• Like 3

I am like Rowan. If I need a specific thing I go the the marketplace. Like Rolig I often us the MP to find shops and then go to the in-world shop.

Otherwise I prefer to shop in-world. I use a SpaceNavigator to cam through shops. No avatar movement lag. I do often have to wait for textures to rez.

Right now I am buying Le Castle stuff, I'm Slink.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 1

The method I use to build up a list of mainland stores is to visit all the big shopping events. If I find a nice product I will check out the main store of that creator. These events cycle every month so after about two or three months you will have a very good list. Many events now include more male products too. 

• Like 2

I really don't shop by creator..It's mostly who has the best of what I'm looking for.. I'm always looking for new and fresh things that are made well.. So if they are new or old creator, as long as it clicks with me I'll buy it..

I'm always looking at the up and coming content creators.:)

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 8:48 AM, 0neEyeMamba said:

I'm curious to know what makes people want to return to their favorite creator or store. And who are your best creators?

Combination of quality and price as well as mod vs no mod. The rigging of their clothes (Can I mix and match their things with other outfits or am I stuck with what's in the picture?). Gabriel R2 and FashionNatic are some of my favorites for clothing. Meva is another one, their prices are usually so low I just instabuy and dont even bother demoing and I like the style of their clothes. FN has a very good rig and if I am ever in need of something to just fit with something else I have they're one of the firsts I go to. Asteroidbox is another one with a very tight to body rig that makes their outfits easy to mix and match with other things (and they too are mod too and so +++ for me.

Materials are really big with me. I don't take a lot of pictures and am certainly not on the same level of a lot of people I see on FlickR or anything but when I do I like to take really high resolution images and see the details and effort the creators put into their pieces.

materials1.jpg

materials2.jpg

51313204362_4ef77ef830_o.jpg

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When purchasing items that will be worn by my avatar, demos are essential. Usually I get the demos at the stores in-world; it is uncommon for me to find demos in MP. From the demos I determine quality of item (e.g., mesh, textures, fit, rigging, etc.).

For items that will go into builds (e.g., houses, plants, animals, furniture, decor, food, vehicles, building sets, etc.), it is imperative that I see the product rezzed in-world, to determine its quality (e.g., level of realism, actual size, mesh, textures, land impact, LOD, etc.).

In my case, the MP is not very useful, as it does not provide enough information for me to make informed decisions, and it is littered with products that do not meet my threshold. Generally speaking, in-world stores are my channel of choice. The exception is if I see something that I've seen in-world, and the creator only sells it in MP; in this case, I'm able to make the quality determination based on what I saw in-world, and can confidently complete the purchase through MP.

What makes me return to stores or creators are primarily style and quality of the products. Compatibility of products from the same creator is a nice to have for clothing items, but much more important when it comes to building sets. Uniqueness is also a deciding factor; if no one else makes something, well, I have no choice, right? :)

• Like 2

Quality and price go a long way with me. Mod perms are also preferable, if I want to re-colour or re-size a bit.

I occasionally find new creators by way of events, like Collabor88, Uber and the like. If something from said events impresses me, I'll be happy to check out the native shop, and if a favourable impression is made, then congrats, you have a new customer!

As for MP, if I need something specific, I will search first and I'll buy if the pics look like something I want and the price is right. I"ll also investigate if they have an inworld shop, and give future business if I like what I see.

Also, I keep my eyes peeled for sales. Sometimes you'll see something for a price that's just too good to pass up.

• Like 1

I have been "addicted" to weekend sales. But my inventory feel filled up with makeup.

Hairs on sale is not so good quality ad Doux or Stealthic. I have bought full priced hair from Doux.

I buy much that isn't used. It is quite genious to have these sales. I am sure most merchants earn more money on them.

What I buy in the weekend, and use, is Nutmeg for furniture, Stun for poses, Kunst for jewelry and Bondi for sunglasses and hats. And if Ison is in the sale, I buy from them, and since Ison reduces the fatpack price to 50%, I can buy the fatpack too. Surprisingly many merchants isn't smart enough to set their fatpacks on sale, only the single colors.

Monthly sales isn't it much to save on. Like Collabor 88, it started to be 88 L as a price, and then the prices started to rise. Now it is barely anything to save. But one house store, Trompe loeil, stays on 88L and I buy from them almost every time, even if the building does not appeal to me immediately, I think I can like it later. That is because it is cheap, it is easier to buy cheap just because I may need it.

Since I buy so much in the weekend, my Marketplace shopping has dwindled.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

Like others, I often do searches in the Marketplace then hit the in-world stores where possible. I'm in Maitreya so clothing is usually easy to find, but have the Petite option available and really adore and support the amazing clothing and lingerie stores that cater to at least Lara and Lara Petite sizing. I find it really frustrating, in fact, to find some great clothing stores that do no support Petite well. You know who you are, I'm not gonna name and shame you. Grrrr. :)

Additionally, I tend to go for quality over quantity. I'm looking for stores that offer really well done items of all types ... be that homes/buildings, decor, clothing, jewellery. Beautiful designs that are also highly functional (I am a designer IRL), great textures, low lag, that have a feel and look of quality. There are so many shops to shout out that it'd be nearly impossible for me to remember them all, since they cover everything from kitchenware and decorations through thematic items to structures to clothing.

I also watch and hit a few of the sale events across a wide range of themes, depending on my mood as well. that often helps me find me vendors that I have not yet seen before. So without any semblance of order, here's some of my personal favourites ...

Tromple Loeil, Muse, Violent Seduction, Dead Dollz, Nutmeg, Apple Fall, COCO, erratic, DOUX, Blueberry, Ricielli, Fancy Decor, Fourth Wall, Gabriel R2, Bauhaus, Bolson Tattoo, Taikou, Soy, Half Deer, Seniha, Rebel Pill, Stockholm & Lima, Scarlet Creative, Moon Elixir, Valentina E, Nardcotix, Cae, Schultz Bros, Real Evil, vespertine, eXxEsS, Tartessos, Minimal, Motor Loon, Evergreen, Nomad. And for animal/fantasy avatars, no one better than TWI and JOMO.

For my male alt Deadwool (the best fitting suits in my opinion), Lapointe Bastchild, A&P, etc.

PS. There's also a new home furniture/decor store I found that gives Fancy Decor and Apple Fall a run for their Linden, but can't find the bookmark right now!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Come to think of it marketplace wise, I've seen some creators get rid of their marketplace demos, so you can only access them in their inworld store, I wonder why?

I feel like that gets rid of the usefulness of having a marketplace in someway, demos are important.

I also want enhance how important it is to have a modify product for some people, I want be able to adjust the colors and the materials and the color of the materials, I feel those are at least important to be able to adjust sometimes, it doesn't stop copybotters to not make your products mod eitherhow, it's just a silly myth at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PixelBerry said:

Come to think of it marketplace wise, I've seen some creators get rid of their marketplace demos, so you can only access them in their inworld store, I wonder why?

I feel like that gets rid of the usefulness of having a marketplace in someway, demos are important.

I also want enhance how important it is to have a modify product for some people, I want be able to adjust the colors and the materials and the color of the materials, I feel those are at least important to be able to adjust sometimes, it doesn't stop copybotters to not make your products mod eitherhow, it's just a silly myth at this point.

Other day on one of my rare visits in world and found this nice hair for a black avatar --- but the shop put everything in those stupid conveyor things. I simply left.

• Like 2

Hello,

my shopping habits have changed over time, i used to shop almost exclusively inworld.....now mostly marketplace. 

MP: although its very easy and convenient for me i find that alot of retailers do not keep up with their newest items that i see blogged and advertised....

INWORLD: i would prefer to shop this way the reason i don't is because: a good number of my favorite places to shop the lag is so bad for me i either can't get in at all or if i do i usually crash before i can find and make a purchase, ( could be my older computer or their sim).

but somehow thru it all i find a way to spend a fair amount of lindens each week : )

Have a great day!

Josephine

1. Most important is the price vs quality. There should be a balance.  Especially single clothing products. I don't fall for the fatpack trick: Merchants making the single item totally expensive to make the fatpack look attractive. I ended up to often only using 2 different textures from a fatpack.
2. No copy permission = no sale.
3. For clothing: no demo = no sale.

I use the marketplace mostly. Most inworld stores don't show more than the same picture in their vendors as used in the marketplace anyway. 
I hate events crammed on one or more sims.  I keep an eye on several weekend sales like the 60L$ weekend.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Markeplace about 99% of the time.  Store owners have repeatedly irritated me enough that I shop online mostly.  Here's why.

• Store owners that think they will make more sales forcing me to walk rather than fly...no sale at all, I find somewhere else to go.
  • Laggy flashy stores....Take a good picture, make a cutout, you DON'T need 20 idle models in their lagtastic best with glowing decor.  Are you running a store or a psychadellic head shop?
  • Thank god they are gone, but if something I want was in a Gacha only, I don't buy anything from the store.  Were you a store or a slot machine company?
  • Fatpacks only....I look for something else...we've had color-changing scripts for ages...I am not going to pay for a dozen extra colors to clutter up my already overflowing inventory because you want to make it SEEM like a deal when it isn't...just a marketing scam.
  • Pulling items that are old...this is VR, there is no real storage room needed.  Leave stuff in your stores.   About 75% of the time I can find the older item I want on marketplace, but it was pulled from the store for some unfathomable reason.
  • You know, there are MALE players and avatars, If I walk into a store with ONE male item and rows of female, I leave.   Also, There are more male mesh bodies than just Belleza Jake, if ALL I see for your items is Belleza, I leave.
  • It is easier, aka automatic, to get a redeliver on most items from marketplace than directly from the store.  Have a redelivery terminal in a PROMINENT PUBLIC PLACE or I shop marketplace and use theirs if needed.
  • I do not have to deal with beggars...For the love of all that is holy, check your store occasionally or hire a manager to run the beggar scum off.  Setting up a store and letting it run auto while you rake in Lindens, just use Marketplace if you are going to do that.
  • For some reason, merchants respond faster to Marketplace comments than IM's or Notecards (and pick one or the other, please).  I guess fear of others seeing a review and passing on the purchase is motivation, where ignoring inworld generates less negative press and less motivation.
  • Inappropriate attire.  When I am in the mood for this, I go to clubs designed for it. :)    Usually its horrifically malformed men (of the randomized the sliders, lol, kind) or  'bottle' shaped female AV's  (Hips wider than shoulders), size DDDDD+ in beach ware standing around.    Eye-bleach please!

Marketplace speeds things up, and gets me the products I want for the avatar I want to use, and doesn't require I deal with marketing games (like blocking flight), beggars and inappropriate avatars.  The search filtering alone makes it worth giving up inworld shopping.   I do miss in-world shopping, but not enough to put up with the annoyances that merchants seem to think will boost sales.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Royce Quinn said:

Marketplace speeds things up, and gets me the products I want for the avatar I want to use, and doesn't require I deal with marketing games (like blocking flight), beggars and inappropriate avatars.  The search filtering alone makes it worth giving up inworld shopping.   I do miss in-world shopping, but not enough to put up with the annoyances that merchants seem to think will boost sales.

I used to shop mainly MP but have grown out of it. A lot of vendors still have things in the MP from like 2012 and before. It's hard to sort by new items without sacrificing too much relevance. I'd probably utilize it more if it had a sort by date option or option to exclude items listed prior to (enter year here). I also find it tunnels me to thing I am looking for and miss opportunities to might find something I wasn't necessarily looking for. I prefer event shopping now and only use MP whenever I can't find something specific at my normal list of creators. 

Some stores also offer discounts over time when you purchase in store and some even gift you a percentage back as a gift card which accrues even when you send items as gifts to friends or alts. So every now and then I get free items.

A lot of the best creators don't even bother with an MP store or if they do list something it's whenever they come around to it after the item was released at an event.

Edited by Finite

I should not be surprised, but WOW, the variety of answers and reasons given amazes me. I'm glad I'm not a merchant trying to figure out how to optimize my resources to better cater to my customers. O.o

Maybe for non-clothing items, Alex Bader figured out the sweet spot, a few sims where he exhibits his products in a creative way, demonstrating the potential of his offerings, and directing customers to purchase them on Marketplace.

Some events provide HUDs that enable prospective customers to easily browse the products available and receive demos to try in the comfort of their own home, without the madness of trying to get into a crowded and laggy event sim. I wonder if HUDs would be a way for apparel and accessories merchants to address the Marketplace shortcomings mentioned in this thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.