Karl Herber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Muffinstuff said:

They're human beings, and they make mistakes. /thread

Humans are also capable of learning from mistakes and evolving especially in the tech world, not continuing to make the same mistakes over and over during an 18 year period.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In the old days of Wednesday afternoon maintenance outages, someone had a snippet of text that he would drop into threads when people started complaining about not being able to log in.  I wish I had thought to save it.  It was something like:

This is not a failure. Your mother wasn't able to get your attention, so she called and asked for our help. Please call her back.  We'll reconnect you to SL when we she lets us know you did.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

Humans are also capable of learning from mistakes and evolving especially in the tech world, not continuing to make the same mistakes over and over during an 18 year period.

I'm pretty sure this one is not the "same mistake over & over".  Pretty sure it is tied to the current AWS issue that started at the same time SL troubles started today.

• Like 3

Just now, Chris Nova said:

Really? They merged my post with this one? They really do pay more attention to these forums than their "maintenance". Maybe if they paid more attention to doing proper maintenance, we wouldnt have so many issues every week.

Do you honestly think that the same people that moderate the forums have anything at all to do with the servers running?

I'm pretty sure now that you'll rant about LL just for the sake of ranting about LL.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure this one is not the "same mistake over & over".  Pretty sure it is tied to the current AWS issue that started at the same time SL troubles started today.

Highly unlikely as this is a recurring theme with LL.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.