Karl Herber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

Ok so amazon AWS thingy mentions the issue here: https://status.aws.amazon.com/

But also includes a fix:

Where's LL's network hamster nerd? Please decipher and fix it! 🥺

I'm not that familiar with how all the various bits of AWS work, or which bits exactly LL are using, but to me those "workarounds" sound like they basically involve directing traffic to other AWS locations instead of the faulty one... and as far as I know, LL's stuff is all in one AWS location at the moment, so I don't think that will be an option for them

(i.e. that's more for websites etc that are replicated across multiple locations, which is very different to how SL's systems etc work - there aren't multiple copies of each region server (simulator) in different locations, for example)

3 minutes ago, Monstaar said:

I've been logged in this entire time.

Didn't even notice there was a problem until I couldn't upload mesh. Huh.

They'll get it fixed. Everyone keep their pants on :V.

Problem is I did not have my pants on before I was logged out and now I am not able to get in o put them on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eddy Ofarrel said:

(i.e. that's more for websites etc that are replicated across multiple locations, which is very different to how SL's systems etc work - there aren't multiple copies of each region server (simulator) in different locations, for example)

Unlikely but LL could have back ends that are not on the OR cluster

16 minutes ago, Brilliant Price said:

Is there a translation available?

Translation is simple:

We, Amazon, did take shortcuts on costs and hope all is staying alive forever. We do not invest in redundant infrastructure because it has higher cost and with this solution we only affect our clients and their clients when it goes wrong (like now). So the  workaround is, move your stuff to other regions and do not bother us.

Side note: So happy to see my coins against AWS keep on repeating every time. Azure rules!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddy Ofarrel said:

I'm not that familiar with how all the various bits of AWS work, or which bits exactly LL are using, but to me those "workarounds" sound like they basically involve directing traffic to other AWS locations instead of the faulty one... and as far as I know, LL's stuff is all in one AWS location at the moment, so I don't think that will be an option for them

Well maybe AWS has a backdoor to get in through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 962 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.