Karl Herber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The thread they merged them into was already in the Technical / Server section.  However, I'm not totally sure why/how they chose that one to become the master thread, so to speak.

The point is it was moved to the tech section which isn't something they've ever done before (that I am aware).

• Sad 1

Oh yes LittleMe Jewell I got same notice re 'Something unexpected happened' etc and I checked LL online status saying all is well  which is really annoying grrrrrrrrr.  

However, its a small crumb of comfort to know we are all in the same boat as it were. I thought things were slowing down on SL so thought 'ahhhh log out and in'  . BIGGG mistake hee hee. 

Warm regards to everyone from a dippy Brit

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Second Life and all of its websites were working fine....until Linden Labs did maintenance.

I have always wondered how LL always seems to make things worse almost every time they perform maintenance. After 18 years, you would think they had this resolved and were able to perform a much smoother maintenance experience. Now they have to do another maintenance to fix the first maintenance which is quite common and just sad. This is the norm when it shouldn't be.

Thanks for coming to my mini Ted Talk.

They're human beings, and they make mistakes. /thread

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djd McDonnell said:

heya anyone any information how long it will still not work ?

waiting already 2 hrs to get back in

if so thx for info

Your guess is as good as ours:  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

And the AWS status:  https://status.aws.amazon.com/

and the thread with the most discussion: 

ETA - well, that was a fast merge-in

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The point is it was moved to the tech section which isn't something they've ever done before (that I am aware).

My guess is that the thread in the Tech section was here first, so the other threads were just merged into it rather than the other way around.  Arbitrary, but as long as there's a pointer from the GD forum it doesn't make much difference.

• Like 1

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wondered why it was sooooooooooooooooooo quiet  and no one talking to me . That explains it  hee hee

Thanks for letting me know 'Sid' .  wonder if its worth trying again to get into SL. Its 22.15 here in UK grrrrrrrrrr

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.