Jump to content

Log in issues (31 August)


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

Highly unlikely as this is a recurring theme with LL.

While there are off & on issues with various services, there hasn't been a problem like today in quite a while.

And YES, it really is most likely directly related to the AWS issue.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you honestly think that the same people that moderate the forums have anything at all to do with the servers running?

I'm pretty sure now that you'll rant about LL just for the sake of ranting about LL.

I do and I will because I pay them $229/mo for maintenance. As I said, I dont care about the why because this has been a recurring theme for a long long long time even before they went to the cloud. Something always breaks when they do maintenance. They really should work on a much smoother maintenance experience.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

There should be an extension of the Gacha block to make up for the downtime!

I'd be cool with that! I've been grabbing a few smaller things from gachas lately. Last thing I grabbed was a retro space suit near Dolly Rotten's in world store.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While there are off & on issues with various services, there hasn't been a problem like today in quite a while.

And YES, it really is most likely directly related to the AWS issue.

Even if it was directly related, what exactly are their engineers going to do about it if its on the AWS side? If it an AWS server, then they should update their status blog.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Amazon About their AWS INFO. .AKa for the bone heads.. Its not LL.. but...  A component within the subsystem responsible for the processing of network packets for Network Load Balancer, NAT Gateway and PrivateLink services became impaired and was no longer processing health checks successfully. This resulted in other components no longer accepting new connection requests, as well as elevated packet loss for Network Load Balancer, NAT Gateway and PrivateLink endpoints.

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

I do and I will because I pay them $229/mo for maintenance. As I said, I dont care about the why because this has been a recurring theme for a long long long time even before they went to the cloud. Something always breaks when they do maintenance. They really should work on a much smoother maintenance experience.

Perhaps these sorts of preventable failures do turn some newbies away from SL after a honeymoon phase... IJS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully they get it fixed soon. It sucks when you can't log in. I checked the status a couple minutes ago and there are still parts showing as 'Partial Outage'. These areas include: Logins, Marketplace Purchases, Profiles, my.secondlife.com, wiki.secondlife.com, marketplace.secondlife.com, and secondlife.com. It is showing that all secondlife regions are 'Operational'. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

My guess is that the thread in the Tech section was here first, so the other threads were just merged into it rather than the other way around.  Arbitrary, but as long as there's a pointer from the GD forum it doesn't make much difference.

Might not make any difference for you (and most people) but I've done more than my fair share of tech support in my work so I tend to avoid doing that in SL and on the forums so that includes the tech section here. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chris Nova said:

Even if it was directly related, what exactly are their engineers going to do about it if its on the AWS side? If it an AWS server, then they should update their status blog.

What LL needs to do is get full geo-redundancy set up.  That is what is truly needed - even while they yell at Amazon to fix things on that side.  Granted, that still won't solve a truly flawed maintenance install, but it will take care of days like today when AWS glitches.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JarvisShield said:

From Amazon About their AWS INFO. .AKa for the bone heads.. Its not LL.. but...  A component within the subsystem responsible for the processing of network packets for Network Load Balancer, NAT Gateway and PrivateLink services became impaired and was no longer processing health checks successfully. This resulted in other components no longer accepting new connection requests, as well as elevated packet loss for Network Load Balancer, NAT Gateway and PrivateLink endpoints.

*nods and pretends to know what that all means*

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chris Nova said:

Even if it was directly related, what exactly are their engineers going to do about it if its on the AWS side? If it an AWS server, then they should update their status blog.

Hopefully as little as possible as them fixing a database when it is clearly a AWS issue can result in nothing but further troubles when AWS gets its sh*t together and we could get back  on.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

I do and I will because I pay them $229/mo for maintenance. As I said, I dont care about the why because this has been a recurring theme for a long long long time even before they went to the cloud. Something always breaks when they do maintenance. They really should work on a much smoother maintenance experience.

This is an AWS problem affecting the west coast. Call Jeff Bezos and the AWS team to complain.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JeromFranzic said:

Perhaps these sorts of preventable failures do turn some newbies away from SL after a honeymoon phase... IJS.

They absolutely do. Us who have been here a long time are just used to it and expect it. But new people will find it annoying and wonder how stable the program is. People have lost inventory items randomly. Thats frustrating as hell since we spend money in SL.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...