New Gacha Policy Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Stella Zong said:

Thank you LittleMe for your reply, but it is still confusing to me, if I am selling it and call it: you get a KittyCats Box it is okay, even if the Traits of it are random?

I have no idea, but if on the machine it says "You will get a living room item" or "A sofa" and the type is random, sounds the same to me

I contaced the Kreatures (also Fennux and Fawns) creator on Discord and he said he will be watching this closely and take appropiate steps to make things compliant if needed. So these three breedables are safe!

Edit: Though he is not much concerned to begin with!

Edited by So Whimsy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In what way do the current Gacha machines require any skill at all?

They don't.

There is no 'skill in Gachas.

@LittleMe JewellYou're old and I'm old... most of us on this forum are old (old as in oldie) and this Gacha Gate too, shall pass.

I think also what is not being picked up on regarding Gachas, is that it's a set of items. You are paying a single price for a chance to get one of the items advertised.
It's not one item. It's a set of items
Unless someone can use the power of telekinesis to over ride the ratio in the script to make the item that they want get through...then it's not a skill.
Normally when something is bought outright, any parts that go with it are sold in a set, or a Fatpack - you get all the things for one price.
Gachas there are loose items that make up a set, being 'sold' individually at a single price per attempt at getting all the items.
Gachas are no copy. If you want another copy of the same Gacha, you either have to make an attempt at paying again for the same item from a 'random' gacha vendor. OR take a chance at paying a the same, lower or higher price on the resell market after spending the time invested to that second copy.
So, it all sums up to: Paying a single price for a random chance to get one item from a collection of different things that belong to a set.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CelestineDemetria said:

Does this Policy also apply to Breedables?

Meaning, when you buy mystery packs or LE packs of a certain coat or randomized coat and randomized gender, you the purchaser technically do not know exactly what you are getting, in regards to the randomized gender, size, or coats of the animal.

So the Orginal Breedable Creators LE's randomized sets have a similar selling mechanisms and the need to buy as Gacha machines. To get the intended things or items you are looking for, you as a purchaser need to keep pumping money into the selling box till you get the item you were actually after.

I am only referring to the Item you receive at Time of Sales From the Original Breedable Creator. NOT any secondary breeding and selling of items because the purchaser knows exactly what they are receiving.

EX: You buy a box of LE's from the Original Breedable Creator it's a Randomized box. There are 2 Females Breedables come in the LE box from Original Breedable Creator when you need a Male & Female to breed. So you as a purchaser need to keep "Playing the Odds" and purchasing more from the selling box until you get the desired object, the M & F that you are after.

It's all randomized, so even on that second purchase you may walk away with another 2 Females so then you need to purchase yet another set. You as a purchaser keep chasing what you need from the Original Breedable Creator because the items sold out of the store starter packs or LE Packs are randomized. So, it's a chance-based outcome as a result of a payment. 

A bit confused on that. If you could clear that up that would be great. @Patch Linden

Going to repost this. So hopefully, it get's covered and clarified.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

As has been said dozens of times. No. Gacha's have nothing to do with skill.

no-devil isn't a skill game either yet it's allowed on skill gaming sims. In fact my friend quit the game over how much she was spending on no-devil. And there is skill in knowing which gachas to play and which not to touch however its more of a live and learn experience xD.

Edited by Finite

32 minutes ago, never Franizzi said:

So, when i got to a shop and see a top for L300, then the matching skirt for L350, and the matching stockings are L200, and the Matching shoes are L300 and then if you want a different color pay again the same prices all over again... and then if you want a single special (RARE) color you have to buy the fatpack or lose out.. What excatly is the difference here... oh yeah the only difference is your idea of worth it vs. the next persons idea of worth it... if you don't like it don't do it.. and if theres something in a gacha you want but don't want to do the gacha then you lose out... it is the same when a designer only creates items for a specific mesh body or head... they don't have to make it avalible to everyone who wants it.. its their choice how to sell their content. 

I am sorry but you are not making any sense, the difference is obvious, when you buy your top you get a top in the exact color you chose. I have no idea how the difference is not evident to you

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Little Hexem said:

Hello! I know that many peoples are creating scripts for creators, events and vendors. I and many of my friends (product creators) have encountered a problem and are very upset about this situation. Due to the recent change in Linden Labs gacha policy, many designers have trouble coming up with something with their old gacha products. 
I have a great idea how to continue using the gacha and not violate the rules of the  Linden Labs policy. 
We can add an indication of the prize to the gacha script. That is, above the gacha machine or in the additional window there will be an indicator "next prize + name / number of the prize "then the person will see what he is paying for and there will be no violation of the rules. Maybe you can make such a script? It could help many sl designers  ❤️ 

With best wishes, Little Hexem

I pretty much suggested this in the thread somewhere but someone said people would be camming in and hogging the machine , and that it would cause lag for sims... but I know that scripts can make you have to be right near scripted vendors...

1 minute ago, ConnieG Sorbet said:

I pretty much suggested this in the thread somewhere but someone said people would be camming in and hogging the machine , and that it would cause lag for sims... but I know that scripts can make you have to be right near scripted vendors...

they can also lock it out to one avi for a short time so it can't get stolen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emilie Muggins said:

it takes skills to earn money you use to play gachas ?

ok ok don't kill me , just kidding

Can say the same about anything you buy in SL since it's already money lost once you bought the Ls.

1 minute ago, Finite said:

Can say the same about anything you buy in SL since it's already money lost once you bought the Ls.

I mean you really can't, Gacha you don't know what you are getting to a certain degree. But buying Ls, you know how much you are buying it is not a chance of it being random and you not getting that amount at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Princess Starlight said:

Will the new gacha policy also include things like breedables? Specifically their starter packs? You basically pay for an unknown item and it’s a game of chance.

It has been my observation that most 'breedable' starter kits come with Very Specific well outlined items including food, home points and 'starter' critters with defined traits within certain limitations.  Its not like you go to a breedables vendor from someone that sells both cats and dogs and might end up with one or the other, and most starter pets that involve 'colors' as their genetics are pretty much giving you an RGB color code to work with.  The 'rng' doesn't actually kick in until after you own them and start mixing and matching.  What you are purchasing at the time of sale is pretty well defined.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, PrettyFlower Vale said:

sellers, an idea for you - Replace your gachas with limited edition items. Set those machines to sell only a certain number of those items and make them collectibles. There will be a race to get them and you’ll be able to charge a top dollar amount for it.

That was already done at a shopping event called Level8 or something, where vendors would only sell a set amount of copies of an item. Even a more recent event called 77street in the past months did have that same setup. Not really new, but could work out. :)

• Like 3

Just now, Zoey Winsmore said:

That was already done at a shopping event called Level8 or something, where vendors would only sell a set amount of copies of an item. Even a more recent event called 77street in the past months did have that same setup. Not really new, but could work out. :)

I also remember such an event from many years ago, unfortunately I can't recall the name. It was an event with a bunch of vendors that only sold 100 of each item. It was moderately popular but I think it could catch on after Gacha's are gone. I think it was ahead of its time.

• Administrators

Hey everyone,

I had hoped that it would not come to this, we want to continue to encourge a healthy discussion around this matter, and twice now the conversation has resulted in the thread being locked. At this point, I would like to remind everyone, that if you can not be civil with one another, we will unfortunately have to temporarily suspend Residents accounts. This is not something we want to do, but we have spent all morning now sending out warnings to those who can not play nice.

I hope going forward from here, the conversation continues to be healthy, and productive.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

6 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I also remember such an event from many years ago, unfortunately I can't recall the name. It was an event with a bunch of vendors that only sold 100 of each item. It was moderately popular but I think it could catch on after Gacha's are gone. I think it was ahead of its time.

The problem with those limited item events was the popular brands items sold out of their copies within the first few hours of the event before most people could even get on the sim to get to it. Meanwhile the unpopular brands are embarrassed that their item has sold only a few copies for the whole duration of the event and everyone takes note and judges that brand as being unsuccessful.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PrettyFlower Vale said:

sellers, an idea for you - Replace your gachas with limited edition items. Set those machines to sell only a certain number of those items and make them collectibles. There will be a race to get them and you’ll be able to charge a top dollar amount for it.

Sellers, an even better idea for you. Have everything you make available for purchase at what you deem a fair price. And let me, the customer, decide what i wish to purchase.  Retailing 101, it's not hard.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

It was called Limit8 and it ran for like a few months. People got sick of limited edition items. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm. I wonder if there might be a market for combining "limited edition" offers with a hint of chance: Instead of first-come, first-served, the limited edition vendor collects orders and then after at the specified time selects the lucky winner(s). If you don't win, you don't pay (or maybe you pay first and then get refunded if you don't win) so you always get what you pay for, you just may not be lucky enough to pay for anything.

• Like 3

Just now, Qie Niangao said:

Hmm. I wonder if there might be a market for combining "limited edition" offers with a hint of chance: Instead of first-come, first-served, the limited edition vendor collects orders and then after at the specified time selects the lucky winner(s). If you don't win, you don't pay (or maybe you pay first and then get refunded if you don't win) so you always get what you pay for, you just may not be lucky enough to pay for anything.

So basically a raffle. Everything that has chance in it, is still technically gambling. I am sorry to say that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.