R.I.P. Robin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

This is very sad news. I'm sorry for your loss. Robin made a wonderful contribution to SL and had many creative ideas implemented skillfully. I often went to her store to get both basic and fancy tea sets and such and played her gatchas, always hoping to get the Owl cookie jar. She always had displays at events different than other people, I remember at Christmas particularly. May her memory be a blessing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

We can be so very lucky to have spent some time with such wonderful people and for
our admiration to have been enthusiastically conveyed and received ever so gracefully.
Rest in peace Robin.😪😌 ❤️ Such a wholesome legacy, so greatly appreciated.
THE clothing templates new creators cherished, (mine are dated 2010),
were the only ones to have and still used to this day. Created by Robin.
Pic from around 2010 if not earlier.

I titled the picture Living Legends, (and me lol), waaaay back then.
The other is Marianne McCann 😊 centre (-> of course <-). 

Living Legends & Me.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 11

Very sad to hear of this. Brought back memories of sitting waiting for a Town Hall to start (2007 maybe?) and having fun running up silly commemorative Tees having discovered her templates a week or so before. Opened up a whole new aspect of SL for me.

Thank you Robin and may you rest peacefully

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sorry to hear this.  Robin was a lovely person, and her shop is charming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited to add a picture of Robin at a Moncierge meeting in June 2019.

The others are Izzy Linden, Pygar Bu, and me.

IzzyPygarRobinGarnet.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added picture.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am so stunned, sad!  I loved her nail polishes and her store.  I gave her tons of compliments about them... especially nail polishes were the most realistic that I ever seen.  Used to wear them all the time in my old days.   She was the sweetest woman that I ever chat with.  I regret that I did not visit her for a quick chat this year.  Rest in peace, sweet Robin.  Miss you already!  😥 💕🙏 💅

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

This is very sad news. I'm sorry for your loss. Robin made a wonderful contribution to SL and had many creative ideas implemented skillfully. I often went to her store to get both basic and fancy tea sets and such and played her gatchas, always hoping to get the Owl cookie jar. She always had displays at events different than other people, I remember at Christmas particularly. May her memory be a blessing.

Oh yes, I used to love her store.

But her main contributions to Second Life are unknown to most people outside the content creator circuits. Her texture tutorial and her avatar and system clothing UV maps/templates were crucial resources for builders before mesh took over and they should be today too.

As the old saying goes: "if we seem tall it's because we are standing on the shoulders of giants" ... giants like Robin Sojourner Wood

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm devastated. Her texturing tutorials have helped me for so many years. I bought all her Mary Jane shoes over a 10 year span and took my baby boy to Livingtree this year for Halloween, thinking how nice it was that she was still here, still active after so many years. She will be seriously missed. I feel that something truly great and wonderful has left our world.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.