How do you feel about Linden Lab continuing to shut off voice in many places?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not really someone who uses voice chat myself, but I tend to go to places where it is enabled simply because there tends to be more activity and conversations there. I admit it's sort of a bummer when the Lindens shut off voice because when they do that at a certain place, no one goes there anymore. But then again, since I don't really voice anyway I shouldn't feel bad at all - I should just look for busy places regardless of whether they have voice or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm not really someone who uses voice chat myself, but I tend to go to places where it is enabled simply because there tends to be more activity and conversations there. I admit it's sort of a bummer when the Lindens shut off voice because when they do that at a certain place, no one goes there anymore. But then again, since I don't really voice anyway I shouldn't feel bad at all - I should just look for busy places regardless of whether they have voice or not.

I mean we kinda caused that, not us in particular. But the userbase did cause this, cause of how people carried themselves on voice. So we only have those people to blame.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I didn't know that they did.  I used it long time ago but would not use it today as I am not seeking an internet relationship and I listen to Classical music most of the time and love my music.  

But, it didn't know it was being shut off in certain places.  

• Like 1

It's due to no way to fact check the conversations and opinions,unable to have a moderator on verify the correct narrative.. it helps cut down on hate speech:example being critical of government, reading the bible outloud, people asking when lindens will fix things..all the conspiracy stuff and things like that. having voice on allows radical rightwing people to trick residents into thinking they are making friends, forming closer bonds together. but in reality it's an evil trumpeter trying to indoctrinate residents.

It's been done for our own good, Voice is off for a safer world.

your-voice-sounds-sooooo-sexy-checo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

In many situations where i have heard people in voice it is just bad. Bad microphones, bad language and bad attitude. I t really messes with my experience inworld. I dont need to hear someone going ghetto on another person, yelling at their rl kids or clearing their throat like they smoke 80 cigarettes. Nope not for me. I am glad i dont have to hear it. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

It's due to no way to fact check the conversations and opinions,unable to have a moderator on verify the correct narrative.. it helps cut down on hate speech:example being critical of government, reading the bible outloud, people asking when lindens will fix things..all the conspiracy stuff and things like that. having voice on allows radical rightwing people to trick residents into thinking they are making friends, forming closer bonds together. but in reality it's an evil trumpeter trying to indoctrinate residents.

It's been done for our own good, Voice is off for a safer world.

your-voice-sounds-sooooo-sexy-checo.jpg

I was basically saying that.

• Haha 1

I think i have visited a safe hub about 5-6 times in 11 years and that usually happened due to my home region being offline while i was logging in, so personally i never cared if they had voice or not since i don't visit them. Won't make much of a difference for me.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed. But I think its good. There are plenty of resident owned places voice enthusiasts and go to, which are better regulated, than some public Linden owned place. We often discouraged people coming to the forum, to linger around those places, as its attractive like a honey pot for griefers and aholes.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.