Respect for private property and privacy.

Miller Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

Sit tp gets round locked doors šŸ˜…

i have a chair somewhere which says "Don't Sit Here Or Else"

when they sit then it rez a copy of itself for the next Or Else person, then it whizzes up to 4095meters and deletes itself and IM them with message: kehehe!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

The other take is that it's less "I can" and more "Does no harm". Music piracy isn't stealing since the creator doesn't lose anything, and virtual intrusions aren't break-ins because nothing is damaged or stolen. That is simply different in a digital environment, objectively speaking, if perhaps not subjectively. They still feel the same for a lot of people, which one does also need to consider.

Ā 

They never take into account the emotional and mental harm do they.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

when they sit then it rez a copy of itself for the next Or Else person, then it whizzes up to 4095meters and deletes itself and IM them with message: kehehe!

OMG --- I LOVE THISĀ 

Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

Oh god, if this is transfer, send me one! :)

I just rented a bit of flat, nothing, ugly land so I could put up a basic skybox. I don't run an orb. I think it would be hilarious just to put that chair in the middle of the rental spot on the ground. Just the chair. Nothing else. XD

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mollymews said:

When I worked as a store model/customer assistant, theĀ owner came in one day and said she had some new accessories for us to model, so she handed us various handbags, scarves etc to wear and attach. Obviously we all ended up in orbit.

She was great.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I mean it kind reminds me of one YouTuber, I won't name names as to cause controversy. They just let themselves into homes in the Bellisaria region and people just laugh and are okay with this. But I know I am one to talk about letting RL and SL intertwine, but I have one thing that will never change. If I own the property, it is not your right to just come on and tour around my place like it's yours too. Annoys the crap out of me, and something should be done about that.

Ā 

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh god, if this is transfer, send me one! :)

i post the script here so you can make your own

the script is a old school self-replicating sit teleporter. Which can sometimes be a whole lot simpler than a touch post rezzing teleporter

as wrote (for this purpose) is modded to be a Or Else sit orbiter. When a person sits then it rezzes a copy of itself (replacement), goes to the destination, unsits agent and then dies itself

// 1) rez a object and name it say Teleporter
// 2) put this script into its Contents
// 3) take a copy of Teleporter into our Inventory
// 4) from our Inventory drop a copy into the rezzed Teleporter
// 5) our Teleporter now has a copy of itself in its Contents

// sitting on the Teleporter will rez a replacement Teleporter in the same spot
// then move to the destination and delete itself

integer timer_ticks = 5;  // how many times we check that we are at the destination

vector destination;  // for standard teleporter declare a value for the destination

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSitTarget(<0.0, 0.0, 0.5>, ZERO_ROTATION); // change to whichever 
        // some text message for a Or Else sit orbiter
        llSetText("Don't Sit Here Or Else", <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>, 1.0);             
    }

changed(integer change)
    {
        if (change & CHANGED_LINK)
        {
            if (llAvatarOnSitTarget()) // avatar has sat. So rez a replacement copy of myself from contents
                llRezAtRoot(llGetObjectName(), llGetPos(), ZERO_VECTOR, llGetRot(), 0);
            else // delete ourself should avatar stand themself
                llDie();
        }
    }

object_rez(key id)
    {       
        // destination for a Or Else sit orbiter
        destination = llGetPos();
        destination.z = 4095.0; // straight up in the sky

llGiveInventory(id, llGetObjectName()); // give my replacement a copy of itself/myself
        llSetRegionPos(destination); // move teleporter to destination
        llSetTimerEvent(0.2); // set timer interval to check that we are at destination
    }

timer()
    {    
        // this is also a safety tidy up for when things go wonky on the server
        if (llVecDist(llGetPos(), destination) <= 1.0) // within 1 meter of destination
            timer_ticks = 1;                           // so set up to die immediately
        if (--timer_ticks == 0)  // as wrote we check that we are at destination up to 5 times
        {                        // after 5 checks we unsit avatar and die whereever we may be
            key agent = llAvatarOnSitTarget();
            llUnSit(agent);  // unsit avatar
            llDie(); // delete ourself

llInstantMessage(agent, "kehehe!"); // IM funny message for Or Else sit orbiter
        }
    }
}

Ā 

just say that is quite important with an Or Else orbiter to give some sign/message to a person before they sit, so they have some prior indication that all may not be as it seems

Ā 

• Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Ā 

I don't ever have company over and I only ever sit on one piece of my furniture.Ā  I might have to substitute this into all other sit-able furniture that I have......... just in case.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't ever have company over and I only ever sit on one piece of my furniture.Ā  I might have to substitute this into all other sit-able furniture that I have......... just in case.

i gave this script to this other person, and they stuck it in their furniture in their Belli Home. But they changed the destination on the X and Y. So when a person sat on their bed, it moved the person outside their house and dumped them in the garden šŸ˜ø

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

When I worked as a store model/customer assistant, theĀ owner came in one day and said she had some new accessories for us to model, so she handed us various handbags, scarves etc to wear and attach. Obviously we all ended up in orbit.

She was great.

And this was IRL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mollymews said:

the script is a old school self-replicating sit teleporter. Which can sometimes be a whole lot simpler than a touch post rezzing teleporter

as wrote (for this purpose) is modded to be a Or Else sit orbiter. When a person sits then it rezzes a copy of itself (replacement), goes to the destination, unsits agent and then dies itself

integer timer_ticks = 5;  // how many times we check that we are at the destination

vector destination;  // for standard teleporter declare a value for the destination

{
    state_entry()
    {
    }

changed(integer change)
    {
        {
            if (llAvatarOnSitTarget()) // avatar has sat. So rez a replacement copy of myself from contents
                llDie();
        }
    }

object_rez(key id)
    {       

llGiveInventory(id, llGetObjectName()); // give my replacement a copy of itself/myself
    }

timer()
    {    
        if (--timer_ticks == 0)  // as wrote we check that we are at destination up to 5 times
        {                        // after 5 checks we unsit avatar and die whereever we may be

}
    }
}

Ā 

just say that is quite important with an Or Else orbiter to give some sign/message to a person before they sit, so they have some prior indication that all may not be as it seems

Ā 

This is my project tomorrow when I rez inworld. :DĀ  I have a nice little bentwood chair in mind.

Thank you so much. I'll let y'all know how it works.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

/me makes a note of those who have shown interest in Molly's script - just in case she should ever visit them in-world and is offered a chair to sit in.Ā  "No, thanks, I'm really fine just standing..."

:)

Ā 

I was just thinking the same thing.

"A visit to your new place, Seicher? Well, um . . .Ā  I'm afraid I'm a bit busy that day."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

{
    state_entry()
    {
    }

changed(integer change)
    {
        {
                llDie();
        }
    }

object_rez(key id)
    {       

}

timer()
    {    

}
    }
}

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you so much. This should help. Now to pull out copies of my furniture and put them in. And anything else it can copy. I mean it would also make the perfect prank too.

• Like 1

@MollymewsĀ  I am an idiot.

I know nothing about scripting.Ā  I did create a new script and just copy and pasted the script above. I got my chair, and deleted the existing poses out of it so that there were no contents. I put your script in there. I do see the "don't sit here or else" hover text. I sat on the chair and... nothing.

When I stand up the CHAIR disappears. I remain standing where I was.

Help!

Ā 

• Haha 1

Ā 

Ā 

37 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

@MollymewsĀ  I am an idiot.

I know nothing about scripting.Ā  I did create a new script and just copy and pasted the script above. I got my chair, and deleted the existing poses out of it so that there were no contents. I put your script in there. I do see the "don't sit here or else" hover text. I sat on the chair and... nothing.

When I stand up the CHAIR disappears. I remain standing where I was.

Rolig is right. What you described is exactly what happens when you don't put a copy of the chair/object into the chair's Content. Some where you will also have got the message, "Could not find object <chair's name>". It gives you that message because the script tries to rez the copy, but it doesn't exist, so it can't find it.

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

/me makes a note of those who have shown interest in Molly's script - just in case she should ever visit them in-world and is offered a chair to sit in.Ā  "No, thanks, I'm really fine just standing..."

No, not me.Ā  I have no interest whatsoever in Molly's script.Ā  Nope, nuh-uh. :))))))))))))

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Did you put a scripted copy of the chair into the rezzer, or did you just sit on the rezzer?

Aha! That indeed, was the trick! Bwahahahahahaha!

I'm still tweaking the script because I'm an idiot but I'm not stoopid. If I just do the TP to straight up in the air then on the freefall the person lands on top of my skybox. That will not do. So I am adding a destination x and y to it. Thought I had the coordinates set right for the person to land on open, public land, but oops. Not. So I'm fiddling. I also decided to make the chair area a little more tempting than just a bentwood chair. I'm setting up a pleasant little vignette. :)

THIS! This script here! This is why oldbies are THE BEST! Noobs wouldn't even come up with this stuff.

• Like 1

If the owner (or creator) of the chair sits in it are they orbited as well? Along with Seicher's adjustment, I'm thinking some soul living in Belli would want to be able to sit in the chair so that others see them sitting there, enjoying their little environment that is so appealing othersĀ want to sit there, too.Ā šŸ˜‡

Tweaks accomplished. And now, for a limited time offer only:Ā http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dax/132/131/22

I set out some very nice ice tea. Some cookies. For oldbies I set out a SLBD9 bear (aw). For forum oldbies you'll want to check out the hilarious (slightly dirty) book and you'll recognize the author. What could possibly go wrong?

(Other than I can't save a photo to my computer right now, so this is another using the clipping tool).

image.thumb.png.c0719e41a117b8ec30c7c4a5af254148.png

ETA: To stay on topic, I guess I should ponder putting a fence around this area, for security purposes? :::still smiling sweetly:::

Edited by Seicher Rae
to smile sweetly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ā 

Ā 

Rolig is right. What you described is exactly what happens when you don't put a copy of the chair/object into the chair's Content. Some where you will also have got the message, "Could not find object <chair's name>". It gives you that message because the script tries to rez the copy, but it doesn't exist, so it can't find it.

Ā 

Thanks for this. And... LOVE LOVE LOVE your avatar tag and congrats!Ā image.png.16df3a54a611725765049ba6056b6108.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.