Not registering to vote

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

As expected. Your sense of duty to society stops short of all others' wellness and ability to function and prosper under your ideology. It's not about a harmonious society, wouldn't you agree? Your function is to disrupt.

I have no idea what set your keg off but please do enjoy the muted/blocked area of my forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

You can display your political choices in world, what you can't do is express them in the form of an ad farm.

This is from their wiki regarding what you can advertise in your parcel..

So even legit ads, which are allowed must not be political in nature. Right?

(not here to argue, I just stated my opinion about how I feel about it) BTW: I have no political ads or endorsements in my LL owned home. I just honestly feel that LL needs to remove the business about registering to vote or any political references at all.

In addition, advertisements must comply with these requirements:

• They must be grounded to the terrain, not floating.
  • They must extend no higher than 8 m from the ground.
  • They must contain no rotating or flashing content and no particles.
  • They must not dispense unsolicited IMs, note cards, landmarks or content.
  • They must emit no light sources or glow (full bright is acceptable).
  • Advertising hoardings must be Phantom.
  • Ad content must be clearly Parcel lght G.png General in nature.
  • Ads must not contain sound or temp-on-rez content.
  • Ad content may not be political in nature.
  • Ban lines should be switched off.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

This is from their wiki regarding what you can advertise in your parcel..

So even legit ads, which are allowed must not be political in nature. Right?

Looks to me like that's from the policy on ad farms and network advertisers, not what individuals put up on their own land or other advertising, which is explicitly not the target of the policy. It's not a ban on political advertising.

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Bellisserria covenant has been update to say:

Activities and/or displaying items that could be construed by Linden Lab as political campaigning is not permitted in Bellisseria.

So no political signs at your Bellisseria home.

Huh. I wonder if this is a "political"sign on my LL houseboat. I put this up a few days before being told here in the forums that I was making the KKK proud. (Yeah, I'm not letting that one go.) In other words, is BLM political according to LL? And "campaigning" is way different from having a political view, or saying "register to vote." 

"Fauci 2020" is campaigning (and a yard sign near where I live). "Any sentient adult" is probably campaigning (also sighted near me). "Have your voice matter, Vote!" isn't.

blm houseboat 060320_001.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

"Have your voice matter, Vote!" isn't.

This is what puzzles me a little. Why is the assumption apparently among a few here that LL reminding people to vote is "pro-Democrat," and "anti-Trump"? Surely, both parties want democracy to function to its fullest?

Oh wait, I know why.

EkNyo32VcAMuA2Y?format=png&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is what puzzles me a little. Why is the assumption apparently among a few here that LL reminding people to vote is "pro-Democrat," and "anti-Trump"? Surely, both parties want democracy to function to its fullest?

Oh wait, I know why.

EkNyo32VcAMuA2Y?format=png&name=900x900

You made my day, Scylla  :)

The 2nd day of hearings for the new supreme court justice ended not long ago, and I was feeling defeated, as there's such a strong possibility of women dying from back-alley abortions again, and people dying due to lack of health care.

But this post, I don't know...now I'm kind of laugh-crying...and feel inspired to keep fighting the good fight.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 2:14 AM, Luna Bliss said:

not to mention the fact that the world is so interconnected and the US has such power that the results of the election would AFFECT YOU TOO.

Why is it that Americans always think this? I will let you in on a secret... it's a LIE. How arrogant do Americans have to be to actually believe this?

How would the rest of the world be impacted by American Politics? The only time the world is impacted by America is when America as a government don't keep their noses out of other countries business or when American businesses refuse to pay other countries what they are entitled to in tax.

Let's look at current hot topics in the USA politically.

Healthcare - The rest of the world have a system in place 1000x's better than America.
Liberties - The rest of the western world have in place far more liberties than America (despite Americans thinking otherwise)
Economics - The rest of the world might be tied to the USD, however that doesn't mean it affects other countries all that much as since 2008 GFC most have placed safeguards in place.

Now lets look at how other countries can affect the USA.

China - they just need to dump their USD and America will fall economically or just go to war and recent evidence suggests America will loose.
Russia - have more Nuclear weapons than America and have shown to be impervious to American systems etc.
Europe - Collectively have more military power against America and don't rely on America for much at all.
Asia - put trade embargos on their tech and resources and cripple USA both product wise and trade
Even Australia with its 26million people population has more Affect on America than it does on them - revoke Americas lease on Pine Gap resulting in the collapse of their intelligence gathering of 1/3 of the world as well as the collapse of their missile defence detection system.

So please enlighten us, other than America declaring war on the western world (they wouldn't last long), how exactly does the current political environment and election in America affect the rest of the western world?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:
On 10/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, Luna Bliss said:

not to mention the fact that the world is so interconnected and the US has such power that the results of the election would AFFECT YOU TOO.

Why is it that Americans always think this? I will let you in on a secret... it's a LIE. How arrogant do Americans have to be to actually believe this?     & BLAH BLAH BLAH

Stand Down Mr. Man...

Karen movie poster LR.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:
On 10/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, Luna Bliss said:

Why is it that Americans always think this? I will let you in on a secret... it's a LIE. How arrogant do Americans have to be to actually believe this?

Seriously Drake, the world is more connected than you understand, economically especially.  I'm not going to bother to explain it to you. Do your own effing homework.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I miss Beth's hyperbolic humor.

I don't think you ever understood she was just being hyperbolic..

Once again, you talk out of your butt, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

And, no, it wasn't hyperbolic, in the least, according to her public AND private words to me. So, 

gofuckyourself.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Once again, you talk out of your butt, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

And, no, it wasn't hyperbolic, in the least, according to her public AND private words to me. So, 

gofuckyourself.gif

Frequently you announce those you've blocked, sometimes implicating me.  You lie...   LOL

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

But this post, I don't know...now I'm kind of laugh-crying...and feel inspired to keep fighting the good fight.

/me passes you her sodden hankie.

Is there discussion in Canada what just might spread north should the US devolve into utter chaos? Are there fears?

On 10/12/2020 at 2:18 PM, Lyssa Greymoon said:

IRC, Ceka lives in a deep red state Trump will win by at least 20 points and walk away with all of the electoral college votes unless the world ends in the next three weeks. In that case, a vote for Biden and a vote for Vermin Supreme are more or less interchangeable as far as the EC goes. 

Yeah I know, if one is a Democrat who lives in a deeply red state their vote won't matter, practically speaking, due to the electoral college. Personally, however, I live in a red state but I want my vote counted -- I want people to see that although it's a red state it's nearly 50-50 and wouldn't take much to swing it to the other side. And I want people to see we're not all a bunch of ignorant Trumpies around here -- for some reason if you say you live in a red state people imagine 100% of the people to be red.

But a more important thought about this -- some say (far more learned people than I) that there's a high chance the Trumpies will contest the election should they lose, but it's a lot more difficult to contest the legitimacy of the election if the Dems win the popular vote by a huge margin. So fingers crossed this will indeed be the case and hence no violence along with a drawn-out battle.

Edited by Luna Bliss

I'm always trying to understand the mindset of the Trumpies -- the 40% that I didn't think saw they were voting for an autocrat.  But wait, according to research they see perfectly, and they like authoritarianism!

* This is not a Trumpie trashing article -- there's actually Libs who fall strongly into the authoritarian category, but not as many.

Take the test and see where you fall!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/10/12/trump-voter-authoritarian-research/

16 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

How would the rest of the world be impacted by American Politics?

and yada yada, some good points

I understand *some* of the eyerolling that non-USA folks have with us, and especially the last four years of our political seething. I understood (although said I disagreed with, and why) the OP. If nothing else, the past four years have succeeded in making my country less relevant than it has been in a long time.

I have a lot of Canadian and European friends, and recently even was close to someone from Egypt. All of them hate Trump, all of them are well versed in our politics (more so that our own citizens are, and waaaaaaaay more than Americans are about any politics not their own). All of them hope to high hell he gets voted out, because, yes... what the USA does can and does affect the world. Trade policies, political connections, who we help, who we don't, yada. To say otherwise is just ... myopic and wrong.

Does it matter that our internal healthcare system is messed up to people living in the Ukraine? Nope. Your points there were correct. Other things that are internal, like our race relation situation, spilled over to be international.

Are we the end all and be all? No. There are Americans who are that arrogant. We used to be more than we are now. Are we irrelevant? Not yet. November could very well spell how much closer we get to being so.

My country is effed up, yup. But I'm also kind of tired of others taking gratuitous pot shots at us. There are a lot of effed up places in the world. Most of them, one way or another. So...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Frequently you announce those you've blocked, sometimes implicating me.  You lie...   LOL

I have also frequently announced that the blocking is fallible. Often when I refresh a page, it will show someone who I have blocked. If I refresh again, it goes away. I can also selectively unblock a post. I can see if someone I follow quotes you. All sorts of ways I can see your words, as you and anyone knows.You ARE on my block list and were the FIRST one there. My not reading 99% of your words have not affected my reading continuity of this forum.  I did happen to see that you spoke directly to me, and were wrong, about something that was very hurtful to me. So again

gofuckyourself.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
because I got my point across to the person intended
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I don't think in a million years she thought you were as bad as the KKK....LOL.    But was she saying you were prejudiced to a degree, yeah.  So for you to claim she thought you were actually like a KKK member...simply not true.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.