Nostalgia Trip - Dig out your Memories - good or bad

Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

came across a couple of photo memories while tidying..

This is from 2016, with a fellow David Bowie fan at Tempura garden ballroom. One last dance for Sarah and the Goblin King.

goblin.thumb.jpg.9712355299e44bd0ec22235e5ebf27d7.jpg

and this was from the opening of the roleplay sim Venexia in 2011-ish if I remember correctly. We had our Victorian costumes all ready!

ven.jpg.f6ccbaccd5b724aab2381443cbf3ca0c.jpg

• Like 7

Ohhh... Regions in SL wasn't all that bad!

Dark Isle - The Bridge

Hikoboshi, also 2008:

Hikoboshi

Privateer Space:

Privateer Space3

Mysterious Wave, 2010:

Mysterious Wave II

Risk City:

riskcity_004

Nordari:

Nordari 3

Neverwhere, 2011:

neverwhere_013

Forgotten City:

Forgotten City

Voc Linda:

voc linda

Is it still a Terra Cotta Army in SL?? 2012:

Terra Cotta Army in SL (2)

Art Screamer, the avatar to the left was free to pick up there:

Flying Fantasy

After 2012, it is like my more curious and exploring side disappeared. What did I do in SL, since I did not post images of it?

Forgotten times...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

One of my first and best friends in SL back in 2007, met him while crawling trough the sewers of Nexus Prime. We loved exploring urban sims, and it sparked my interest in SL photography

This is the only picture I still have of us exploring one of those places.

864656942_aaffd0fbff_o.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 months later...

One of my favorite places to hang out was Humanoid.  I just loved this place.  This photo was taken in 2013 with my then bf.  It was just one of those peaceful, quiet times chatting about whatever, but enjoying the moment.  We have always remained friends ever since, and I'm now friends with his current partner.  I had encouraged him to try photography back then, and he is now into it than I am!   

Humanoid with Isle 2013.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/7/2021 at 8:44 PM, Azareth Kohime said:

A few screenshots I dug up from my old files.

I took these back in 2007 when I first joined Second Life, long before I was a pink hair anime girl 😆

Snapshot_000.jpg

Group dancing was always so much fun. (Probably still is!). 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:52 PM, Marianne Little said:

Ohhh... Regions in SL wasn't all that bad!

Dark Isle - The Bridge

Hikoboshi, also 2008:

Hikoboshi

Privateer Space:

Privateer Space3

Mysterious Wave, 2010:

Mysterious Wave II

Risk City:

riskcity_004

Nordari:

Nordari 3

Neverwhere, 2011:

neverwhere_013

Forgotten City:

Forgotten City

Voc Linda:

voc linda

Is it still a Terra Cotta Army in SL?? 2012:

Terra Cotta Army in SL (2)

Art Screamer, the avatar to the left was free to pick up there:

Flying Fantasy

After 2012, it is like my more curious and exploring side disappeared. What did I do in SL, since I did not post images of it?

Forgotten times...

Second Life photos = real life memories. These are proper works of art, like they should be framed in a gallery!  You've always had a special eye, can see something a lot of us just cannot. 

I don't think I will ever get rid of my collection of photos/memories from Second Life. I doubt many/any would be worth framing, although one or two I did have sent to me as glossy postcards and they now serve as bookmarks.

Em 12/05/2020 às 15:33, Marigold Devin disse:

"Adoro vasculhar caixas de fotos antigas da vida real, mas minhas memórias do Second Life são tão relevantes quanto à vida real."

Acontece o mesmo comigo! E adoro ver fotos dos primeiros tempo no SL. Tanto que resolvi escrever um Diário sobre as aventuras passadas no SL. E dei-lhe o nome de "As Aventuras de uma Avatar"   https://meninara.wordpress.com/2009/02/

iniciar exactamente em 2009. Lá postei fotos, músicas e outras coisas mais. Para além de ter ter guardado como fotos que achei melhores em   https://www.flickr.com/photos/aradhanaluminos/with/50942699193/  .
Mesmo ausente ausente, muitas vezes entrava para matar saudades. Recentemente por causa do confinamento e a obrigatoriedade de estar em casa, resolvi regressar. Muita coisa mudou. Mas a expectativa daquilo que poderia encontrar tem sido fascinante. Adoro mesmo o SL e, especialmente, explorar tudo de bonito que tem.

Cuide-se e felicidades!

PAPAGAIOS.jpg

Edited by Aradhana Luminos
  • Like 4

On 11/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, Akane Nacht said:

came across a couple of photo memories while tidying..

This is from 2016, with a fellow David Bowie fan at Tempura garden ballroom. One last dance for Sarah and the Goblin King.

goblin.thumb.jpg.9712355299e44bd0ec22235e5ebf27d7.jpg

and this was from the opening of the roleplay sim Venexia in 2011-ish if I remember correctly. We had our Victorian costumes all ready!

ven.jpg.f6ccbaccd5b724aab2381443cbf3ca0c.jpg

The cute the look you wear - isn't that a drlife skin? I remember it was a big and well known shop for asian looking skins in these days.

Oh, I still remember (and have) that skin by DrLife! Back in the day it was the only brand that carried photorealistic Asian skins, and one tone cost around L$2000? I went there earlier and saw the price remained, but I have no objections. It was like a justifiable luxury. Problem is, all the high-quality “beautiful Asian girl” avatars had the same look due to lack of skin diversity back then so I went for a less realistic but cuter skin by a lesser known designer who is no longer in SL these days.

From 2010:

SL2010.jpg.9c6200506f0f8d596aebd225211a5d8a.jpg

Below, a photo I took of a friend who I think of as a mentor and older brother. He has not logged in for almost a decade (maybe he does but under an alt?). Glad I kept his photo in my inventory, sometimes photos are all we have of people who were part of our lives, whether in the 1st or Second.

SL2010B.thumb.jpg.2a9aeff40782f7b6e227ddf735f95510.jpg

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 7

• 5 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 8:44 PM, Azareth Kohime said:

A few screenshots I dug up from my old files.

I took these back in 2007 when I first joined Second Life, long before I was a pink hair anime girl 😆

Snapshot_000.jpg

The Shelter ! Still going to this day I believe ! - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isabel/39/232/81

A real safe haven for newbs I loved it there

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.