Nostalgia Trip - Dig out your Memories - good or bad

Marigold Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This photo was taken by a friend of mine 7 years ago. He was one of those friends that you could chat for a long, long time and it would always feel like you were meeting for the first time.

Unfortunately, like many of you, I haven't seen him since that time because he have never logged again. Besides that, I keep him on my contacts list believing that maybe he will come back one day. I wish I could know how he is doing.

Miss you very much, buddy!

web_50d20950cfcdad05d0000001.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mistika Magic said:

This photo was taken by a friend of mine 7 years ago. He was one of those friends that you could chat for a long, long time and it would always feel like you were meeting for the first time.

Unfortunately, like many of you, I haven't seen him since that time because he have never logged again. Besides that, I keep him on my contacts list believing that maybe he will come back one day. I wish I could know how he is doing.

I am not sure how you can tell he hasn't logged in.

You can IM him and the system will hold the message until his cue fills up. Or you can send him a note card, which the system will hold forever. He'll get those when he logs in. Of course if he doesn't... he is gone.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I am not sure how you can tell he hasn't logged in.

You can IM him and the system will hold the message until his cue fills up. Or you can send him a note card, which the system will hold forever. He'll get those when he logs in. Of course if he doesn't... he is gone.

I did it. Probably gone. Who knows?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I can't express enough how sad I am that you lost all your early photos from Second Life. Photos mean so much, don't they.  The reason I started this nostalgia thread was because I had gone on a bit of a nostalgia trip in real life. I shared a photo taken in one of those photo booths in 1978 with my home town's Facebook group, and I actually cringed as I did so, because I thought it was such a personal memory to be sharing with a bunch of mostly strangers, but the response I got was phenomenal. People shared their own memories of using that particular photo booth. There were only two in our town in the 1970s - although I think there are only still two now ! (Nowadays, of course, people are taking photos digitally with their mobile phones.)  Memories of being at school, or out shopping with mums or friends or boyfriends/girlfriends all came flooding in, along with some of the photos that had been taken in that little photo booth.  I enjoyed looking at other people's photos and hearing their memories as much as I have always enjoyed looking through my own photos and replaying the memories in my own head.

And although you have lost your photos from your early days, I can see you are probably finding a mixture of emotions being stirred up by seeing how we all used to look, what the graphics were like back in those early days, the outfits, the glitches, and some of the places. I know I am certainly enjoying everyone's nostalgia photos as much as I enjoy the modern day ones. 

Are there no photos in emails anywhere? Sent box, spare email address?  Do any of your friends have some photos they saved of you in those early days? Have an ask around, look at the Flickr accounts of people on your friends list from the early days, you might be surprised at what you'll find.

The funny thing is that old putter decided to croak just as I was about to click to backup my data.  Oh well, what's past is past.  It's probably for the best that there's no surviving pictorial evidence of me having an out of proportion shape or questionable fashion choices (not that my current fashion sense is any better either). XD

Thanks for starting this thread.  I enjoyed looking at old photos and hearing their stories about old places.  I get a kick out of seeing prim hair and sculpty attachments with system clothes we thought looked hot back in the day.  Those sculpties. They took forever to rez and you always get whacked in the face by those semi-rezed orbs. Good times.  It's like looking at our parents and grandparents' RL photos and laughing at the bell bottoms or zoot suits they wore.

Though I don't have pictures anymore, the stories are still in my memory.  I once got myself banned from a church for wearing a Chocolate Jesus avatar.  It was a bad word play on "my sweet lord".  I still have it in my inventory. Maybe I'll break it out and try to recreate that scene some day.

Unfortunately, I never posted any old pictures on social media and my Flickr account is under a year old. I've only started to experiment with Instagram a few days ago.  That's a very good idea asking friends for old photos.  I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 7:52 PM, mistika Magic said:

I had a cases  like yours and there  was:

1)Guy just lost password on his avi,because it was an alt and he just forgot about me

2)Guy left SL due health problems, now he is doing good. But will not back to SL.So i hope in your case guy just forgot password and doing good :)Also you can see in any group you are both in when he was online last time. 

• Like 2

Some of you old timers might remember a store called Pillow Talk.

This is my Pillow Talk Apple Tree from October 6, 2009

406455.jpg

406454.jpg

This is the same tree today.

180b4ebba5f692e5b0839c32ee63f388.png

And the dismount.

b0487dc429f47302096ba0f6b5afd9f4.png e6cc87e688aba45ba562e82034d03773.png

The tree might look a bit primitive by today's standards but was amazing when I bought it .

• Like 12

On 6/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, Lolita Uldarmann said:

I don't have any old photos of me on SL either. I wish I did as a comparison to myself today. I still have my old clothes though, which I find a walk down memory lane. 

I loved my flexiprim skirts and how they moved, and I had a favourite pair of jeans that had a poofer, if I said /snow they would emit particles of snow. Wonder what we've all got lurking in our inventories from yesteryear.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Those days when we used to watch Game of Thrones and then tried to create something in SL related to that fantasy stuff.

Ohhh very impressive! I just love it when I'm out exploring and I catch sight of what people have created, having been inspired by something real life or sci-fi series based!

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.