Lindens to Reveal 5th Home Theme at Home & Garden Expo - 10am slt Friday Feb 28

Nuala Maracas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

This might be a language thing - I'm not sure what nationality you are - but your comment on wood was taken as referring to a male 'upright' .. er .. you know.

yes i know how it was taken, but in threads like this it's not needed to show dirty minds unless the subject goes that direction, and it didn't at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jadziyah said:

Aaaah! Can't get in world yet. What's the landscaping like? You said no hedges, I'm sure it'd be appropriately themed. I guess more like how's the volume of it? Did they step it up like they did for the Vics?

The volume is good. The Mountaineer has lots of space. Room for entry, livingroom and kitchen on the first floor. It does not have a big opening downstairs, so it is 2 large rooms on the second floor and an attic.

In my head that's a "family home" with kids playroom in the attic.

Grand View and Lincoln is very open. I could not see a place for a closed off bathroom in the Lincoln. No doors in it.

Overlook is a mix of open down and closed rooms with doors upstairs.

The landscaping is as the trailer/camper area. Plus redwood trees! The entrance is through a redwood tree. I guess there will be some redwood trees in the new regions.

Yes, the houses is big. Like Victorians.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm wondering if these will have the walls and floors responding to 'touch' like the Vics did or be normal like the other types - but we won't know till we see the actual live version. The demo vics didn't have that issue, it only occurred on the released ones.

(it would be nice if they had something to just turn touch on temporarily when in config mode, then off after - I'd need to examine if that's possible though), or even do it through linkset commands without using touch...)

10 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm not sure I would judge this theme's landscaping by the reveal region.  It takes more space to really get a mountain 'feel' going, and these homes are not small.   Patch's flickr pics look to me like they may have been taken in the real landscape, as opposed to the reveal region.  More of a lush, roomy feel to his pics than I get from the scenes I've seen pictured so far.

True - and one of those pics had that outdoor rock/water area.

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I'm wondering if these will have the walls and floors responding to 'touch' like the Vics did or be normal like the other types - but we won't know till we see the actual live version. The demo vics didn't have that issue, it only occurred on the released ones.

(it would be nice if they had something to just turn touch on temporarily when in config mode, then off after - I'd need to examine if that's possible though), or even do it through linkset commands without using touch...)

Someone inspected the Victorians control panel in the reveal region, and found out before the regions release. Because they could see a color control HUD in there. I did not have time to stay and look for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Any idea on release date?

Definitely not before Monday.  Patch said not today and they won't do a new Theme BIG release on a weekend.  I really wouldn't expect it until Mon, March 9th, since the Expo goes through the 6th.... but that is just a guess.  If they are ready, there is a chance of it being next week.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

There are two good styles I'm tempted by Mountaineer and Overlook not entirely sure I'd give up my Vic to move though

I like the master bedroom and ensuite in the Mountaineer but not the box room opposite, not sure what I'd do in the attic space but the openness of downstairs is nice think it would make a great family home

In the Overlook the upstairs rooms are just a bit too small I think I would've extended the front upper room in to what is the landing to make it more useable. the downstairs space is good the entry isn't too dissimilar to the Hardy

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Someone inspected the Victorians control panel in the reveal region, and found out before the regions release. Because they could see a color control HUD in there. I did not have time to stay and look for it.

I accepted when told that they had to do it with touch for the vics. But I would really love to see the code to be sure...

In much smaller projects I find I can remake a lot of HUDs and doors and other things to work through methods other than touch. Granted the scale of these may be why - but I'm curious if I could find something in there to refactor. LSL is not my expertise though...

I have been waiting for this particular style, and couldn't be happier with the redo of the mountain cabins.  While I love my traditional and my Victorian I plan to leave them both for a log home and then there is the super duper premium I am anxious to hear more about.  The possibility of double LI is very exciting.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I just took a look in person and am still not sure I want one

Conceptually these would be my second favorite after houseboats.

I expect I will go about it indirectly - I have 2 houseboats... if I can manage to toss one soon, then I will hunt for one of these, and if I get one that is as close to sailable water as my Vic, my Vic will get tossed.

I don't even actually like the Victorians much... I just like the location of the one I have.

• Like 2

• Moles
1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Because we now control all the doors and windows from a single script in the root prim to economise on script usage on the region, the whole house has to respond to touch events, so that the process touches script (which handles this) can determine what, if anything, it needs to do about the link that was touched.

Sorry, but all parts of the houses are going to remain touchable from now on.   That's not going to change.  

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

• Moles

I'm not sure where the rumor of double LI parcels is coming from, but I think people need to understand how that works. It means at least half of the sqm of the region as to be left fallow with no content so the LI of that parcel can be applied with object bonus to the other parcels. In Linden Homes that LI is used to support the houses and all the flora and infrastructure in the region. You can have parcels with detailed themed houses that don't count on your LI and lots of pretty content all around it, or you can have lots with double LI, but you can't really have both.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10

13 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I'm not sure where the rumor of double LI parcels is coming from, but I think people need to understand how that works. It means at least half of the sqm of the region as to be left fallow with no content so the LI of that parcel can be applied with object bonus to the other parcels. In Linden Homes that LI is used to support the houses and all the flora and infrastructure in the region. You can have parcels with detailed themed houses that don't count on your LI and lots of pretty content all around it, or you can have lots with double LI, but you can't really have both.

I am one of those that has speculated in what Super Premium will bring. It is speculation, and then it is no technical problems, haha. Just a magic wand that gives us anything and everything.

I have said that Super Premium need to give me more land/li included, that is the only thing that can make me upgrade from Premium.

Of course I understand that it can't be done in Bellisseria, it would be another place/continent/regions. Plain empty land, or sparse decorated land, or double plots. It is no one who can tell before it is revealed. In the meantime, it is only dreams.

• Like 6

I'm a bit disappointed that the reveal doesn't give any indication of color change abilities for the walls; also there's no sense of how exterior colors/materials might be customized. That said, Overlook could work for my alt, so if I'm going to release her really nice riverside parcel (with a hydrangea-filled frontage) in Century, I'll do it tomorrow. I think the environmental sounds will be the determining factor for me - not much to be heard at Innside beyond my own windchimes, and only a bit of lapping water from the back porch at Century. (Edit: Actually, there is some birdsong in Century, just not as prominent as it is in the reveal region. What I’d *really* love to hear is some crickets!)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.