Lindens to Reveal 5th Home Theme at Home & Garden Expo - 10am slt Friday Feb 28

Nuala Maracas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh the Log Cabin themed homes are lovely! Thank you for all the photos since I missed seeing them in person. I'm really looking forward to the release because what a perfect setting as well! Lindens and Moles both really have outdone themselves yet again! :) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LyricalBookworm said:

Oh the Log Cabin themed homes are lovely! Thank you for all the photos since I missed seeing them in person. I'm really looking forward to the release because what a perfect setting as well! Lindens and Moles both really have outdone themselves yet again! :) 

You can still get into the region and see them. The entrance is here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Reveal/127/13/23

They have some Teleport routing going on, so I found it easier to just paste that slurl into the address bar.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

😞 sad face as none of the new houses are available.. which is why I  went premium. I bet they hear this alot.. however. its kind of false advertising. "Hey look new houses for premium members!!!!! Join up!" ..." Sorry.. Not Available.  0-o.  Maybe if we  could get a house ( building ) it would be cool so we can out it on our own land? Sighs.  Continues to wait. 

However, is it because I used to be a premium member many years ago, that I can only access the old  lands/houses?  Either way, it would be nice to know why. 

Edited by Irish Breen
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Breen said:

😞 sad face as none of the new houses are available.. which is why I  went premium. I bet they hear this alot.. however. its kind of false advertising. "Hey look new houses for premium members!!!!! Join up!" ..." Sorry.. Not Available.  0-o.  Maybe if we  could get a house ( building ) it would be cool so we can out it on our own land? Sighs.  Continues to wait. 

However, is it because I used to be a premium member many years ago, that I can only access the old  lands/houses?  Either way, it would be nice to know why. 

hmm we hardly seen this type of message since quite some time, there's a core of truth in it, but also a not deep enough informing from the resident side. Linden Homes, also the old ones, were always assigned upon availability. As you post this in the showcase... those were never available at the moment of reveil...but it's just that... a showcase whats comming soon.
My experience is at the moment, there are new types available during the day by abandons, and new releases (at least 3 a week, often more).

You can buy mainland for placing your own home, that option always been available. You paid for a tier  level of 1024 sqm, for a Linden Home or mainland parcel.. totally your choice.
Been premium in the past has no influence on assignment of the Homes.

• Like 5

It is just a week or 2 ago that a new user posted here, and less than 24 hours later he had his new house, a Victorian. Follow the advice here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/441469-help-and-info-to-get-a-new-linden-home-or-try-to/

and this second thread, many post there when they abandon homes, so you can try. But read the thread over here first.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439050-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellessarian-home-available/

The first homes and houseboats was revealed in a showcase, the Home & Garden Expo last year, and the regions opened app. a month after that. It has been less than 2 weeks since the Log Cabin showcase was opened, and the Home & Garden Expo isn't even closed. There are new homes to get from abandons and releases every day, as Alwin already posted.

The campers/trailers has just the same amount of prim you can use as the old homes, and they are easier to get.

I am not sure if you know, but you can change the house, camper or boat on the spot. 4 Traditional houses, 4 boats, 8 campers and 4 Victorians. You must be on the special land for it... you can't change to a Victorian on a parcel for Traditionals, or a camper instead of a boat...this goes for every style. But for the old houses, you had to take just the one house type available.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am not sure if you know, but you can change the house, camper or boat on the spot. 4 Traditional houses, 4 boats, 8 campers and 4 Victorians. You must be on the special land for it... you can't change to a Victorian on a parcel for Traditionals, or a camper instead of a boat...this goes for every style. But for the old houses, you had to take just the one house type available.

Would you please elaborate on “change” the house on the spot?  I didn’t know and have no idea how to do it? 
 Also where are the special lands to make change?

35 minutes ago, SophiaJoy Langsdorff said:

Would you please elaborate on “change” the house on the spot?  I didn’t know and have no idea how to do it? 

It depends on what kind of Linden Home you have.  For a Traditional or a Victorian, you go out to the mailbox in the street, click on it, and it brings up a menu with numbered options, you can choose from 4 models of houses.  If you have a houseboat, there is a round life preserver instead of a mailbox.  A camper, there is a vertical brown stick like thing somewhere close by.  By special lands, it means you are limited to the type of house parcel you have, like the examples Marianne gave, a Traditional home parcel will not have the option to put a Victorian home on it.  I'm logging in to SL soon, feel free to IM me if you need any help with this, it is a real joy to be able to pick the home-camper-boat that suits you best  :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SophiaJoy Langsdorff said:

When you get one of the new homes - Traditional, Victorian, Houseboat, Camper (soon Log Cabin) - you will be randomly assigned a parcel with that Theme of home on it.  Each parcel then has an outside controller to select the specific style of home.  There are 4 styles of Traditionals and 4 styles of Victorians -- those are controlled by the mailbox that sits out in front of the house.  There are 4 styles of Houseboats and those are controlled the life preserver just outside the houseboat.  There are 8 styles of Campers/Trailers and those are controlled by a wooden sign that will be just off the edge of your parcel.  

See the 2 above linked threads for more information on the best way to get one right now, since they are still in high demand.

52 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

It depends on what kind of Linden Home you have.  For a Traditional or a Victorian, you go out to the mailbox in the street, click on it, and it brings up a menu with numbered options, you can choose from 4 models of houses.  If you have a houseboat, there is a round life preserver instead of a mailbox.  A camper, there is a vertical brown stick like thing somewhere close by.  By special lands, it means you are limited to the type of house parcel you have, like the examples Marianne gave, a Traditional home parcel will not have the option to put a Victorian home on it.  I'm logging in to SL soon, feel free to IM me if you need any help with this, it is a real joy to be able to pick the home-camper-boat that suits you best  :) 

ahhh... I misunderstand the message.  Yes, I do know the changing type of house.  I was thinking about changing house locations without abandon existing house.... My bad.  Thank you for the explanation.

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When you get one of the new homes - Traditional, Victorian, Houseboat, Camper (soon Log Cabin) - you will be randomly assigned a parcel with that Theme of home on it.  Each parcel then has an outside controller to select the specific style of home.  There are 4 styles of Traditionals and 4 styles of Victorians -- those are controlled by the mailbox that sits out in front of the house.  There are 4 styles of Houseboats and those are controlled the life preserver just outside the houseboat.  There are 8 styles of Campers/Trailers and those are controlled by a wooden sign that will be just off the edge of your parcel.  

See the 2 above linked threads for more information on the best way to get one right now, since they are still in high demand.

My bad.  I misunderstand the message.  Thank you the same.

3 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

Anyone seen any updates as to whether or not the Log Cabins might show up next week?

I've not even heard a rumor --- though, as far as I know, Patch has not come out and said "not next week" like he did about this week. 

I figure we should be ready for any day next week.

• Like 2

Yes, I agree. My plans right now are to abandon my current Vic on Sunday evening. If I end up working from home next week, things will be a little more flexible (in my part of the US, schools will be closed starting Monday for at least two weeks, and a number of big employers have already switched to remote work, so its possible my employer will do the same).

• Like 4

There’s a silver lining in the coronavirus pandemic. Some people that usually miss the daytime releases might be able to participate. 

20 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Yes, I agree. My plans right now are to abandon my current Vic on Sunday evening. If I end up working from home next week, things will be a little more flexible (in my part of the US, schools will be closed starting Monday for at least two weeks, and a number of big employers have already switched to remote work, so its possible my employer will do the same).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

With all this work-from-home and social distancing, we could really use the new release. ;)

Several months ago Patch mentioned how MANY people needed to be working together at the same time (or in close sequence) to get a new release out in mass. I am thinking seven to nine but I could be off. It wasn't' just "three" though. 

Currently San Francisco is in lockdown.

It may be impossible for them to get everyone together to get that release out. 

image.png.89f8816071d7c369e62dc9b0dad79e68.png

Adding this further info:  

image.png.c67dc988d69cd7861ce710d4487ccfd4.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

Part of the SL team works remote from San Fran all the time.  If everyone has proper setup at home for working, they can do it all from there.  Most IT companies are set up for folks working remotely, with the biggest issue being how many folks they can support with their VPN bandwidth.  That is what is getting our company -- they never expected the entire building to be working from home, so they are having to deal with some capacity issues.  If LL is set up for it, doing the computer work for a release remotely shouldn't be any different than being in the office.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Part of the SL team works remote from San Fran all the time.  If everyone has proper setup at home for working, they can do it all from there.  Most IT companies are set up for folks working remotely, with the biggest issue being how many folks they can support with their VPN bandwidth.  That is what is getting our company -- they never expected the entire building to be working from home, so they are having to deal with some capacity issues.  If LL is set up for it, doing the computer work for a release remotely shouldn't be any different than being in the office.

Possibly. My tech guys don't exactly agree so we'll see.   Honestly some folk might be SICK ALSO.    It boggles my mind that people aren't accepting that (not meant at you specifically).    I was sick but seem recovered. This is NOT "China's" disease.

• Like 3

I have been off the forums and haven't logged in some days.I was not in the mood or shape to watch the threads for a release yesterday. (It is Tuesday my time zone)

So I make myself a cup of coffee and sit down to watch the development. I hope all LL employees are healthy, and that we see them happily buzzing around with their job.

Nothing would be better than some normality in these days.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have been off the forums and haven't logged in some days.I was not in the mood or shape to watch the threads for a release yesterday. (It is Tuesday my time zone)

So I make myself a cup of coffee and sit down to watch the development. I hope all LL employees are healthy, and that we see them happily buzzing around with their job.

Nothing would be better than some normality in these days.

Good to see you back.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.