Lindens to Reveal 5th Home Theme at Home & Garden Expo - 10am slt Friday Feb 28

Nuala Maracas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So you just have to watch......the inworld chat of the Bellisseria Citizens group.

wich is a bit odd .. that group doesn't even cover half of the Belli citizens. Most that really are interested follow the official blogs, not those groups.
I'm not in one either, perhaps it improved, but earllier it was a pain to be in it.. such irrelevant chat all day and a clique as controllers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

For the Victorians Patch seems to have announced ithe release the same day in official thread (post marked 16 Dec 2019)

So hopefully they'll do that again, but it'll be only useful for those able  to get inworld anytime that day to catch the release, as I expect they'll be gone fast, and there'll be none left by later that same day. On the plus side it might free up some nice spots for those looking for a new home or change of home in the other styles.

• Like 2

I really like the location of the cabins, lots of interesting trees & flowers, bushes etc.  But touring the (very posh) cabins, I'm puzzled over how to furnish them.  I look first for a nice kitchen, & like it to have a door to the outside.  Couldn't decide where to put it.  All the styles are great, but a couple are really beautiful, & particularly like the big windows.  One has a window seat upstairs.   I'd get used to the layout, I'm sure, but just not that tempted.  I love the Victorian I didn't expect to like at all, & still in love with the camper locale.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

as I expect they'll be gone fast, and there'll be none left by later that same day

yes think that too, but was also surprised the christmas release went on for a long time before all was taken. More or less till today with the regulated release of 3 times a week( often 5) homes in multiple themes are available spreaded over the day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes think that too, but was also surprised the christmas release went on for a long time before all was taken. More or less till today with the regulated release of 3 times a week( often 5) homes in multiple themes are available spreaded over the day.

True. Not everybody is into the new them, and many many people have managed to get amazing plots. So I don't think they would run out that fast, it will be fast, but not like it was back in 2019 Spring.

LL has been doing a great effort getting so many homes ready, so chances will increase

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Elena Core said:

True. Not everybody is into the new them, and many many people have managed to get amazing plots. So I don't think they would run out that fast, it will be fast, but not like it was back in 2019 Spring.

LL has been doing a great effort getting so many homes ready, so chances will increase

I’m one of those that are not enamored with the new theme. This comes down to “you can’t please everybody”. None of the houses are small. Even with the Vics, there is the Doyle. Maybe a small cabin would have been confused with the little cabins scattered throughout Bellisseria. That’s me being Goldilocks, though. My hope is that when the cabins are released, I’ll be able to land a beautiful green coastal abandon. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I’m one of those that are not enamored with the new theme. This comes down to “you can’t please everybody”. None of the houses are small. Even with the Vics, there is the Doyle. Maybe a small cabin would have been confused with the little cabins scattered throughout Bellisseria. That’s me being Goldilocks, though. My hope is that when the cabins are released, I’ll be able to land a beautiful green coastal abandon. 

Sure you will! There will be many abandons, and more theme on the way....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

wich is a bit odd .. that group doesn't even cover half of the Belli citizens. Most that really are interested follow the official blogs, not those groups.
I'm not in one either, perhaps it improved, but earllier it was a pain to be in it.. such irrelevant chat all day and a clique as controllers.

I don't think Patch gives any pre-release warnings in the group chat anymore. 

What I meant about watching the group and the forums is that there is always lots of chatter in both when a release happens.  If it is a big release, either way will work for finding out about it.  Many people don't watch the forums when they are inworld, so the group chat is another way to find out that a release is happening.  

Granted, for a single region release, the only way of know is by refreshing the land page at the right moment or via the 'When did you last see' thread.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

For the Victorians Patch seems to have announced ithe release the same day in official thread (post marked 16 Dec 2019)

So hopefully they'll do that again, but it'll be only useful for those able  to get inworld anytime that day to catch the release, as I expect they'll be gone fast, and there'll be none left by later that same day. On the plus side it might free up some nice spots for those looking for a new home or change of home in the other styles.

The Camper release ended up spanning a good 8-12 hours.  I think the original big Victorian release also spanned much of the day before the pickings started getting spotty and only popping in and out on the land page.  Even then, they were still popping in fairly frequently for quite a few days.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Camper release ended up spanning a good 8-12 hours.  I think the original big Victorian release also spanned much of the day before the pickings started getting spotty and only popping in and out on the land page.  Even then, they were still popping in fairly frequently for quite a few days.

I had three -- no four -- friends looking to get Vics. Two got theirs day one in the same sim amazingly. Two found only "ugly inland copied plots" on day one and two (they may have just been unlucky) and then they both got good plots with character (one on the green coast across from a giant park) on day 3.  Looking around at the times claimed and the green dots clustered in sims on day 3 it "appeared" that some regions were held back a bit.   I think the new plots were mostly gone  by the morning of day 4 except for a few now and then.   

Important to note though that not ONLY were Vics part of that release but also campers and some houseboats on "islands" and such. I don't remember if there were any trads in that release but it was a REALLY big release. (Just checked and yes there was at least one set of regions with trads mixed with houseboats; and now I remember a smaller region with campers and trads.) 

Likely the cabins will be gone in less than a day. My estimate anyway. 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2020 at 10:24 AM, Fauve Aeon said:
  1. Grand View
  2. Lincoln
  3. Mountaineer
  4. Overlook

I really like this theme even if none of them speak to me immediately. Grand View and Lincoln aren’t big on privacy with the huge windows and I’m sure that will influence some people’s choice. 

If I were to take one of these it definitely would. Grand View and Lincoln I like because they're very opened up and have no internal doors. Mountaineer and Overlook are extremely NOT my preference because they're very segmented and full of door.

- I see this as a good thing. Within one new theme they've covered two extremely different preferences.

• Like 5

Have we as yet spotted where on the map the new theme is going to land?

We saw the Victorian continent appear almost a week before we could enter it, and I think only a few days after the reveal - even though we couldn't cam into it for quite some time, it was there on the map.

Once we see the map for the new theme, we'll be able to start guessing how many parcels it's likely to be, whether we'll have good odds for water lots or not, and so on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I had three -- no four -- friends looking to get Vics. Two got theirs day one in the same sim amazingly. Two found only "ugly inland copied plots" on day one and two (they may have just been unlucky) and then they both got good plots with character (one on the green coast across from a giant park) on day 3.  Looking around at the times claimed and the green dots clustered in sims on day 3 it "appeared" that some regions were held back a bit.   I think the new plots were mostly gone  by the morning of day 4 except for a few now and then.   

Important to note though that not ONLY were Vics part of that release but also campers and some houseboats on "islands" and such. I don't remember if there were any trads in that release but it was a REALLY big release. (Just checked and yes there was at least one set of regions with trads mixed with houseboats; and now I remember a smaller region with campers and trads.) 

Likely the cabins will be gone in less than a day. My estimate anyway. 

I remember that I abandoned the first 4 Victorian houses, because there were almost no flowers planted in front. Not like the  showcase houses, where it was flowers upon flowers.

I will try to get a log home, but I really, really hope LL and the moles will make many lakes. As in Lake Tatakaka and its neighbor regions. River Run, Esplin, Sario and Hammond Park was so popular because of the lakes and rivers.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If I were to take one of these it definitely would. Grand View and Lincoln I like because they're very opened up and have no internal doors. Mountaineer and Overlook are extremely NOT my preference because they're very segmented and full of door.

- I see this as a good thing. Within one new theme they've covered two extremely different preferences.

Yes, you are right, they cater for both you and me. I like to have doors to bathrooms and bedrooms, so I think the Overlook will be my first house. I prefer the Lincoln and Grand View for the fantastic exterior, so I am not sure. I can go for a sink tub behind a screen here. ;)

• Like 2

I am not so eager to get snow... I get more than enough snow. My sister sent me these images from the house I grow up in. The view out from the guest room. And out from the veranda door, that she could not open more than just snap a photo. The snow slides down the roof. Of course the veranda has a loose deck that's taken down before winter, so only the support beams are standing. The snow would crush it.

PART_1582452827620_IMG_20200223_0835561.jpg

PART_1582452804966_IMG_20200223_0843371.jpg

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, you are right, they cater for both you and me. I like to have doors to bathrooms and bedrooms, so I think the Overlook will be my first house. I prefer the Lincoln and Grand View for the fantastic exterior, so I am not sure. I can go for a sink tub behind a screen here. ;)

If the doors don't come included you can add them - and this has the benefit of different locking and auto-close controls for interior and exterior doors.

I hate things that work through touch - anytime I have to click my screen I view that as a UI failure. So in my mainland homes I have long removed door scripts and put in my own that work on collision.

So it's a source of constant frustration for me in various Linden Home models that to have my outside door auto-close, I need to have my inside doors also auto-close... meaning I am stuck clicking on my screen - which slows reaction time when moving around. It's actually why I use my Victorian less than my Houseboat, and when in my Vic almost never use the bathroom and bedroom - they're mainly decor areas to fill a psychological need for a space to look 'right'.

Again back to my older homes on mainland... before I learned to rescript doors, I had the same thing going on - the bulk of any house I would buy would go unused so as to avoid clicking the screen... 🙂 And I've got a stack of loft based skyboxes to prevent this... 🙂

But... yeah... if you like a lot of the opened up builds but what doors... just add them. If we could -remove- them from the other houses that'd be great, but it's all one linkset so I'm just glad 2 house-styles have the ability to customized either way.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I like to have doors to bathrooms and bedrooms, so I think the Overlook will be my first house. I prefer the Lincoln and Grand View for the fantastic exterior, so I am not sure. I can go for a sink tub behind a screen here.

I like the Grand View.  Altho I sometimes like to feel like we have visual privacy, I really don't want to add doors, I like the open floorplans.  Of course one could get drapes and blinds, if you have the LI for that. 

I rarely have spare LI, so I'll probably go for a screen around any bathroom fixtures, and for the rest of the home rig up something that looks like room-darkening shades or glass that can be switched on and off.  If I feel like I need the LI, I may just go for a scripted window add-on that lurks inside a swich on the wall, and when the switch is hit, expands and positions so that all the windows (and only the windows) darken.  After an hour or so, it would go back inside its hidey-hole.

• Like 1

• Moles
16 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

If I feel like I need the LI, I may just go for a scripted window add-on that lurks inside a swich on the wall, and when the switch is hit, expands and positions so that all the windows (and only the windows) darken.  After an hour or so, it would go back inside its hidey-hole.

All our houses have built-in blinds as part of the standard scripting.    The Log Homes will be no exception to this.   

So if you want to save the LI for something else, you can obscure the windows simply by touching the glass and making a blinds texture appear.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

All our houses have built-in blinds as part of the standard scripting.    The Log Homes will be no exception to this.   

So if you want to save the LI for something else, you can obscure the windows simply by touching the glass and making a blinds texture appear.

That's nice. I may do something for the huge windows, that let me see out through half-open blinds, and have a closed look on the outside. I like to be able to see out, and have it closed on the other side.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

So it's a source of constant frustration for me in various Linden Home models that to have my outside door auto-close, I need to have my inside doors also auto-close... meaning I am stuck clicking on my screen - which slows reaction time when moving around. It's actually why I use my Victorian less than my Houseboat, and when in my Vic almost never use the bathroom and bedroom - they're mainly decor areas to fill a psychological need for a space to look 'right'.

I keep all my doors open in all my homes, inside and outside.  I also have to have all my windows open.  I have noticed that people don't like their windows opened in their houses.  I find it very odd I guess and wonder why people don't open their windows.  My grandfather use to keep all the windows closed all the time in his house and it use to drive us all bonky.  I guess that is why i like open windows and doors.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.