Jump to content

Lindens to Reveal 5th Home Theme at Home & Garden Expo - 10am slt Friday Feb 28


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I'm not sure where the rumor of double LI parcels is coming from, but I think people need to understand how that works. It means at least half of the sqm of the region as to be left fallow with no content so the LI of that parcel can be applied with object bonus to the other parcels. In Linden Homes that LI is used to support the houses and all the flora and infrastructure in the region. You can have parcels with detailed themed houses that don't count on your LI and lots of pretty content all around it, or you can have lots with double LI, but you can't really have both.

Patch said in the Lab Gab (unless I completely misunderstood him) that Premium Plus would (may?)  have options for larger lots (presumably with the regular land impact).  As I remember it, he did NOT say "double lots". Someone will watch again and check on my memory I am sure. 

 

I don't see how this would be a problem, even in Belli IF there were just fewer lots. Same amount of land impact given for flora and roads and such, just 10 instead of 20 plots per region. 

He seemed to say that this was towards the future however, not necessarily 2020.  There appear to be lots of things on the somewhat misty roadmap but the current focus is getting more houses in all themes out to help meet the demand.    

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

02/26/2020   The American Cancer Society is excited to host the 5th Linden Home Reveal as part of the 2020 SL Home & Garden Expo. Residents are welcome to take a tour of the new Linden Ho

And not next week either, so there's another hint for everyone.  😉

Hints and stalking are fun and all, but I cannot tell you what a relief it is to simply be told the date and time of the theme reveal.  For me,  I wish this same policy could be followed with future r

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Did anyone notice the wreckage of an amphibious car at the bottom of the lake?

Amphicar_001.thumb.png.256c63e614d4933f77ff7c959a9502ea.png

Yes, pretty much first thing I found. Didn't see any gift boxes inside so moved along :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Patch said in the Lab Gab (unless I completely misunderstood him) that Premium Plus would (may?)  have options for larger lots (presumably with the regular land impact).  As I remember it, he did NOT say "double lots". Someone will watch again and check on my memory I am sure. 

 

I don't see how this would be a problem, even in Belli IF there were just fewer lots. Same amount of land impact given for flora and roads and such, just 10 instead of 20 plots per region. 

He seemed to say that this was towards the future however, not necessarily 2020.  There appear to be lots of things on the somewhat misty roadmap but the current focus is getting more houses in all themes out to help meet the demand.    

 

He also explained how residents often have ideas for themes and things that sound simple or attractive on the surface, but once you delve into the details they become problematic. In this case, halving the number of parcels to make them double LI means we have to build twice as many regions for the same number of homes. It also means the area those houses would have occupied also has to be decorated and that LI has to come from somewhere. None of which changes the amount of time it takes to build a region, if anything it takes longer because of the additional space to fill. I can definitely see how that would be problem. ;)

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I don't see how this would be a problem, even in Belli IF there were just fewer lots. Same amount of land impact given for flora and roads and such, just 10 instead of 20 plots per region. 

So, what you are saying is similar to the camper regions that have 2x as many parcels with less LI and m² you have fewer parcels with MORE LI and m²? 

inconceivable.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Did anyone notice the wreckage of an amphibious car at the bottom of the lake?

Amphicar_001.thumb.png.256c63e614d4933f77ff7c959a9502ea.png

It might belong to Abnor Mole, while I was looking at the new Log homes - I believe it was him who said in the chat....something like....I wonder what happened to my car...I am sure I parked it around here somewhere........

Edited by RacyAcey
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I like them a lot, but I must secure a good location to be in "love".

 

This.

I will give up my camper for one of these though. For me, the campers are just not my thing, I keep trying but ultimately I can't get into them. I realized it's not the outdoorsy theme at all, it's the housing type. I like the woods, just not the small living so the new theme is perfect to me. But as usual, having a good location would be important. I would not need a lake even - deep in the woods would be lovely too - it would all depend on how good the landscaping is overall that would sell me on it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

He also explained how residents often have ideas for themes and things that sound simple or attractive on the surface, but once you delve into the details they become problematic. In this case, halving the number of parcels to make them double LI means we have to build twice as many regions for the same number of homes. It also means the area those houses would have occupied also has to be decorated and that LI has to come from somewhere. None of which changes the amount of time it takes to build a region, if anything it takes longer because of the additional space to fill. I can definitely see how that would be problem. ;)

I think that the corporate idea was to make "Premium Plus" attractive and make money. Again, as I remember it he suggested this would be down the line AFTER there were enough of the regular sized plots. Not arguing with you-- just trying to explain where the idea may have come from. I do design sims :D and have done quite a few. I understand the issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

He also explained how residents often have ideas for themes and things that sound simple or attractive on the surface, but once you delve into the details they become problematic. In this case, halving the number of parcels to make them double LI means we have to build twice as many regions for the same number of homes. It also means the area those houses would have occupied also has to be decorated and that LI has to come from somewhere. None of which changes the amount of time it takes to build a region, if anything it takes longer because of the additional space to fill. I can definitely see how that would be problem. ;)

Everyone is talking about the new Premium Plus as if it will affect/include the Linden Homes.  Well, maybe it won't.  It might only affect mainland, or private estates, or homesteads, or stipends.  We really have no idea what the new membership will include.  I will just wait patiently until they reveal the details and then make decisions.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Everyone is talking about the new Premium Plus as if it will affect/include the Linden Homes.  Well, maybe it won't.  It might only affect mainland, or private estates, or homesteads, or stipends.  We really have no idea what the new membership will include.  I will just wait patiently until they reveal the details and then make decisions.

3410197-boring.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaMoz said:

So, what you are saying is similar to the camper regions that have 2x as many parcels with less LI and m² you have fewer parcels with MORE LI and m²? 

inconceivable.gif

Well that is sort of the idea BUT even though the LI is less for the campers I believe there are about the same as on some of the other parcels. Just more open spaces and water features.  As Abnor says there are only so many land impact points in a region. They have to get divided somehow.   So larger parcels and fewer of them or standard sized lots with the 351 LI.   

Almost everyone talking about Premium Plus has wanted "more land" on the list and many wanted a large plot in Belli (or Belli 2, 3, 4 etc.).  Hence the possibility of large plots down the line -- definitely not "soon" TM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking the Grand View log home. 

LH - Log Homes - Log Home 2 - Grand View - V0.8

I went to 50 Linden Friday and picked up this fireplace that would work great in just about any Linden home and its only 4 LI with a working fireplace and accessories already on it if you want to use them, or you can remove them.

LISP - Mid Century Fireplace Set (tintable walls)

1640f6d6a1cabb3d5101b2751567d10c.png.4462ce96b5048692c6abb2a5b21806c7.png

It comes in 4 version so you could easily match it up nicely with the homes walls and wood work detailing.
Snapshot_1.thumb.png.812335f5113b1a4c08f709e9b6388c98.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I'm really liking the Grand View log home. 

LH - Log Homes - Log Home 2 - Grand View - V0.8

I went to 50 Linden Friday and picked up this fireplace that would work great in just about any Linden home and its only 4 LI with a working fireplace and accessories already on it if you want to use them, or you can remove them.

LISP - Mid Century Fireplace Set (tintable walls)

1640f6d6a1cabb3d5101b2751567d10c.png.4462ce96b5048692c6abb2a5b21806c7.png

It comes in 4 version so you could easily match it up nicely with the homes walls and wood work detailing.
Snapshot_1.thumb.png.812335f5113b1a4c08f709e9b6388c98.png

Gosh, they have that out again? I think it's like the 3rd time they've offered it.

Not that it's a bad item. Guess they like to recycle 😛 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love the new style log homes just as I love the look of the Victorians, but I still love my Traditional PARCEL more. On top of having my current ideal beach location I am one of the rare few that still enjoy the smaller styled homes, so to that end it's likely I will be staying where I am for the foreseeable future. Especially since something said in the latest Lab Gab caught my attention.

@Patch Linden (and the team) did mention/hint (at 21:49 - 22:48 in the video) at the possibility of going back and revisiting the four earlier themes at some point to "do some special stuff with them" and the possibility of MAYBE having the option of say 8 homes to choose from instead of 4 - but this probably won't happen in 2020. It's a maybe. But it's a maybe I'll hold out for a little while longer.

I still want to say the Log Homes are gorgeous builds though, as all of the builds have been. Well done Patch and the LDPW.❤️ 

Edited by RaeLeeH
Typo.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Everyone is talking about the new Premium Plus as if it will affect/include the Linden Homes.  Well, maybe it won't. 

Actually, Patch said that there will be some sort of Linden Home offering for Premium Plus, but that it would be done the road, not immediately.  So the Premium Plus will come out with a set of benefits and those benefits will not include anything related to the Linden Homes, but there are plans for adding something later.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Synndalicious said:

I've gone through all the comments and I didn't see anything regarding WHEN the log-homes will be released ? Did I miss it somewhere? 

Thanks in advance :) 

A definite date has not been given. We are assuming it will be sometime in the next few weeks.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Synndalicious said:

I've gone through all the comments and I didn't see anything regarding WHEN the log-homes will be released ? Did I miss it somewhere? 

Thanks in advance :) 

They NEVER give a date ahead of time.

Since they just opened the reveal today, I'm betting they will not release before the Expo ends, which is the 6th -- so Monday, the 9th at the earliest or maybe the week of the 16th.  If they have them ready, I can't see it being delayed much longer than that.

IF we are lucky -- IF, IF, IF -- Patch might give a 12-24 hour warning post, but that does not always happen.

So you just have to watch these threads and even the inworld chat of the Bellisseria Citizens group.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...