Will we see a a new LH theme the 13th February?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I can see 17th century buildings near to where I am, but that doesn't mean they are modern. What era do you fancy?

I want to see something fantasy or science fiction. Something I do NOT see in the real world on a regular basis.

By which I would also say I do NOT want to see something based on '19th century Japan' like the old linden homes had. Not yet - because that too is a 'modern' style still found in the real world on a regular basis, and felt kind of 'fetishistic' to focus on the way it was with the old Linden Homes.

(It made sense at the time, half the prefab homes sold in SL back then were of that style).

ps: the reason my Victorian in SL is decorated the way it is was to purposefully make the point that this is the kind of building I know as modern - that I have even lived in when living in a modern day inner-city region. And that I also expect it to be something people will be living in a century from now. So wall murals and hovercraft. :P

- the only thing missing from my SL Vic is an animesh version of the hipster dealer selling crack & heroin on the porch to people passing by... as my friends used to have outside theirs in San Francisco... O.o Because well... I liked the murals and the hovercraft... but not the full reality...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I want to see something fantasy or science fiction. Something I do NOT see in the real world on a regular basis.

By which I would also say I do NOT want to see something based on '19th century Japan' like the old linden homes had. Not yet - because that too is a 'modern' style still found in the real world on a regular basis, and felt kind of 'fetishistic' to focus on the way it was with the old Linden Homes.

(It made sense at the time, half the prefab homes sold in SL back then were of that style).

If we did get the large windowed modern now it would cause me a dilemma as I've just found a trad that I like enough to stay in! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I totally agree! However, it's been suggested here and there over time that the non-standard types, like mermaid for example, are not as popular inworld (forum wishes only represent a small user base). I don't know how true that is, just saying.

Oh I'm very sure it is. But LL has already made boatloads of $$$ with these new homes - as they should, they're a great product and lots of hard work went into them. They will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. There will always be more popular themes and less popular ones though no matter what the themes are. If they're all 'real' world clones though SL would look more like every other 'mmorpg' and lose our uniqueness 

I'm hoping that they will offer something non 'real', as like you say SL is a place where one can make anything, so why not do something different (TBH I'm sometimes surprised at how much people seem to want to replicate the real world inworld rather than taking the opportunity to have and do something they can't in RL). I think if the home layout is good, with decorating options like we've seen, and the landscaping continues to be great, they'll be popular whatever.

Absolutely agree

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I wonder how long after the reveal until they're available?

Last year the release happened one week later.  The expo ended on Sunday, April 7th and the release happened on Monday, April 15th.  I can't remember how soon after the Camper reveal that the actual release happened.  Ditto for the Victorians.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think it's wise on LL's part, might stop some people who upped to premium for last April's release from letting those memberships lapse.  I'm sure people started going premium quite a bit before April, the SSP thread started in Aug 2018.

/me runs around in a dither, wondering if she should abandon something.  Really got caught by surprise by the Vic release, had a wild morning.

3 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Dunno why I'm happy about this: all our alts have places I'd be hard pressed to let go of and no way can my wife or myself justify another premium. But somehow  these feel like... really good problems to have?   lol

I'm trying to decide if I want to make another alt Premium.  I can't see abandoning anything that I currently have.  I've had at least 8 Premium accounts in the past (maybe a few more), specifically for their Premium tier donation to the land group, so that I could have larger amounts of land for cheaper costs.  Having multiple homes rather than one huge piece of land is not really that much different.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I totally agree! However, it's been suggested here and there over time that the non-standard types, like mermaid for example, are not as popular inworld (forum wishes only represent a small user base). I don't know how true that is, just saying. So I'm not sure what LL will come up with. I'm hoping that they will offer something non 'real', as like you say SL is a place where one can make anything, so why not do something different (TBH I'm sometimes surprised at how much people seem to want to replicate the real world inworld rather than taking the opportunity to have and do something they can't in RL). I think if the home layout is good, with decorating options like we've seen, and the landscaping continues to be great, they'll be popular whatever.

While I don't think the fantasy theme of the older Linden homes has been that popular lately, I remember them being super popular when the homes were first released.  There was a short period of time when one or two of those styles were 'sold out', so to speak.  I can't remember how long that lasted, but that does imply that at least back then, the fantasy theme did go over really well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Last year the release happened one week later.  The expo ended on Sunday, April 7th and the release happened on Monday, April 15th.  I can't remember how soon after the Camper reveal that the actual release happened.  Ditto for the Victorians.

The Christmas expo ended on Sun Dec 15.  Vics released the next day, Mon 16th.

I've been watching LL & Mole progress pretty closely today.  The pace has been furious.  I don't know when the release will be, but it is apparent that Patch's staff all have the word ASAP tattooed on their foreheads. 

BTW, there's new land, almost certainly will be Vics at least on the western edge of it, see SSP thread.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Is there still nothing showing in the north of the Expo?

I checked this morning (my morning) was about midnight SLT - and there was NOTHING.

Now I am at a Hotel with netbook and mediocre Wifi so I cannot log in.

I heard that Patch has mentioned the reveal will not be at the start of the expo but somewhere during the course of the expo.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

No, it's not there yet.

FWIW, my read of the tea leaves is that they want to release the new theme fairly soon after it's revealed, as they did with the Victorians.  They are FEVERISHLY building out Victorians in east VictoriBell (you know, the new areas), but won't be done for a little while yet.   There is a hint of a mountain range along the eastern edge of that new land; along most of it, the land has been terraced up to about 50m, and there's a single peak in the southeast corner of the new regions.  A new theme could drop in along that border.

And, for the last couple of days there have been multiple dots up in SSP1001-1035 continuously.  

The H&G show runs through March 5th, and I doubt they'll do a release before it ends.

Bottom line, I'm not planning to be very alert about the new theme reveal until Monday.  Once it shows up, I think there'll be at least a few days to decide if one wants to free up a premium to fish for a new theme home. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

If LL wants to save mainland as a viable place  , dump the nightmare group tier thing. Take the income hit and drop the discount/surcharge option- build it in  so that when you sell/transfer parcels you don't go nuts. Let people donate tier to a group  but that fear of getting nailed with penalties when you want to buy new and and sell the old has to end.

Imagine how great it would be to see a nice parcel- buy it - and know the actual cost, then sell the old at your leisure and know the return and not have to do more math and deeding this to that -worse  than doing taxes, while drunk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cam Mode said:

as are you to me, so no audits of my posts needed, thank you. Save your time.

He's not the only one wondering what your comment regarding buying and selling of Mainland parcels has to do with Linden homes, and, more particularly, the topic of this thread, which is new themes for Linden homes. *shrug*

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.