Will we see a a new LH theme the 13th February?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've read most are thinking the new home reveal will probably be cabins. And they very well could be.  We've been expecting these since before the camper/trailer release.  Examining Patch's hint photo, if it is a cabin, its more of an Alpine model style from what little we can see.  Not really sure though.

So I showed my husband the hint photo Patch Linden put out and asked him what he thought that home model style might be, being that my husband is a retired contractor/construction home builder.  He yawned before heading to bed and said, "Reminds me of the Savannah coastal style homes.  That's my guess."

So I looked up some prints of those styles of homes.  This is what I found.  If its not cabins, and many have asked for coastal style homes. Could it be something like these?

It won't be long now until we find out! 🤔

1112425911_SavannahCoastalstylehome1.jpg.2346a85798696db394281efb89631d42.jpg

1645461106_SavannahCoastalstylehome2.jpg.92962ef73bdfeadaeffc2ca06a462807.jpg

759525662_SavannahCoastalstylehome3.jpg.b265ca203d8069d4644712131400adb6.jpg

1397849108_SavannahCoastalstylehome5.jpg.83757a4ecd23916830cd79bff1be5df9.jpg

1776885883_SavannahCoastalstylehome6.jpg.63066458928a4613a7bff59bb9f77261.jpg

254613154_SavannahCoastalstylehome7.jpg.d8d134f400c7bcb4e300388c6897c951.jpg

83624216_SavannahCoastalstylehome8.jpg.c5a91c4588b56dc633441aba7d3abe7f.jpg

251588644_SavannahCoastalstylehome9.thumb.jpg.31ba07c856236636335eff18e160a4a6.jpg

Savannah Coastal style home 4.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I've read most are thinking the new home reveal will probably be cabins. And they very well could be.  We've been expecting these since before the camper/trailer release.  Examining Patch's hint photo, if it is a cabin, its more of an Alpine model style from what little we can see.  Not really sure though.

So I showed my husband the hint photo Patch Linden put out and asked him what he thought that home model style might be, being that my husband is a retired contractor/construction home builder.  He yawned before heading to bed and said, "Reminds me of the Savannah coastal style homes.  That's my guess."

So I looked up some prints of those styles of homes.  This is what I found.  If its not cabins, and many have asked for coastal style homes. Could it be something like these?

It won't be long now until we find out! 🤔

1397849108_SavannahCoastalstylehome5.jpg.83757a4ecd23916830cd79bff1be5df9.jpg

Bigger windows than we have now... pleaseee. This one over would look good as a cabin. 

But I can see that the windows look too small in Patch's photo. I hope it is some of them with bigger windows that the one he took a picture in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

So I showed my husband the hint photo Patch Linden put out and asked him what he thought that home model style might be

@PrudenceAnton was he basing his thoughts on the interior, or the partly shown exterior of another house that you can see through the window? I maybe wondered if he might have missed that in a quick glance.

patch.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@PrudenceAnton was he basing his thoughts on the interior, or the partly shown exterior of another house that you can see through the window? I maybe wondered if he might have missed that in a quick glance.

Both.  I enlarged the photo and pointed out the pine looking tree outside and the other home you can partly see through the window.  I showed him the outside deck, where to me, it appears to be ground close by, it doesn't look like a second story view outside, but ground level or slightly elevated off the ground.  He was also taking note of the the double windowed doors and the way the ceiling cuts down inside.  We've both lived in either Georgia or Florida and when I asked his thoughts on it, he felt it reminded him of builds he's done and some of the coastal homes in Georgia and Florida.  They have a nice combination of evergreens and seasonal trees too, btw.  The house in the background looks painted to me, not wood like a cabin. But Path and his photographer are so good at taking photos that leave you uncertain what exactly you are looking at.  My husband could be 100% off on his guess.  It could be cabins of some style, it could be something we've all totally missed.  The new model reveal will be an exciting surprise, whatever it is.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I blew up the photo again and on closer inspection,  I noticed something in the background I remembered from our cabin in the mountains of Placerville, CA.  A wide framed doorway, that's a very wide door jam in the photo (implying a love of wood use) and is that an angled wall leading to a railing on the deck of a cabin outside, on either an elevated deck or a second floor?  I outlined in faint yellow just below the edge of what appears to be a house in the background. But is it? Or is that the wall of an outside deck?  You know, those slanted kind of walls that often come off an A framed cabin?

1736918225_coulditbe.thumb.jpg.9e0cf349cdc5e9a16a76c2367bf9ef16.jpg

I went to look at this painting set at KraftWork last night (big store, but easy to find via Area Search).  It's very nice!  The painted area on the wall, newspapers, paint splotches on them, props and poses are all built into the set.  It has a choice of a few intense colors via hud, but is being shown with the red.  I'm tending to dismiss speculation based on the newspaper now.  Tho the text looks Cyrillic, it's just what came with the set, and I'm doubting Patch chose it based on the newspapers.

The dog is so prominent in the photo!  I thought I'd look into Dalmatia, having realized that I didn't really know exactly where it is *hangs head*.    It is a fuzzily-defined region at this point in time, having been through much turmoil.  It's a narrow band along the east coast of the Adriatic Sea, cultural influences from Croatia, Serbia and Italy.  The geography is coastal/mountainous, steep slopes right down to the sea.

Looking up vacation homes, I see wooden frame homes of various coastal styles, and a lot of OLD properties of two styles:

1.  Fieldstone cabins, some exposed beams

2.  Mediterranean villa (white stucco, red tile roof)

Many of the cabins have steeply pitched roofs, the villas generally don't. 

Patch's team hasn't been drawing architectural inspiration from that far afield, so I'm not going to post pics.  We'll see tomorrow!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

So I blew up the photo again and on closer inspection,  I noticed something in the background I remembered from our cabin in the mountains of Placerville, CA.  A wide framed doorway, that's a very wide door jam in the photo (implying a love of wood use) and is that an angled wall leading to a railing on the deck of a cabin outside, on either an elevated deck or a second floor?  I outlined in faint yellow just below the edge of what appears to be a house in the background. But is it? Or is that the wall of an outside deck?  You know, those slanted kind of walls that often come off an A framed cabin?

1736918225_coulditbe.thumb.jpg.9e0cf349cdc5e9a16a76c2367bf9ef16.jpg

I didn't spot that at all before, well done @PrudenceAnton ! So this could be a Tahoe inspired cabin??

• Like 1

I feel so lukewarm about the house picture Patch put on Flickr, that I put a reminder on my phone to set one alt back to Basic March 24. LL can still wow me, so we will see what happens.

It's time to act on all that talk about let the alts go.

The most Premium homes I had was 4. It was too much. I decorated them and wasn't there anymore. So it looks like it's down to 3, one Vic, one Trad and maybe one new theme.

Super Premium takes a long time to be revealed. Unless it is a great deal for more land and Li, I feel lukewarm about it too.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.