Will we see a a new LH theme the 13th February?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

37 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I see the word 'soon' on that sign. In SL 'soon' is a synonym for 'never'... O.o

I thought about asking Patch to rez his soon-ish clock there.. or whatever that thing is called.  Soon - o - meter.  We're on pins and needles over at ACS too.. so ready to see the big reveal!!  It's DEFINITELY, POSITIVELY, ABSOLUTELY feeling soon in the air, though..  which is sooner than soon-ish...  right?

• Haha 3

On 2/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Not only is it a very busy time at LL, with the impending Sansar sale and return of 3 "heavy hitters" to the SL team ( Maestro, Monty and Runitai Linden?  Guess courtesy of @Inara Pey , whose writeup on yesterday's Lab Gab is terrific), but who knows what's going on with his own life.  He's a person like anyone else.

Thanks for the shout-out! ♥

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Having seen Patch's hint I think they're going to be some sort of Tahoe mkll or log cabins there are plenty of them around in the caravan areas 

I had more fun with the Tahoe homes, so something similar, on a larger plot would be nice. More space to landscape, other than on the deck area.

• Like 2

I think my treehouse guess was wrong after studying the photo. I'm going for single story, with rendered or stone walls outside. In that scenario the tree seen from the back window is situated down a slope from the house. That would also put the deck at ground level, which intuitively feels simpler and therefore more likely.

The trees in the far background look the same as the foreground trees to me (no snow), just the effect of Patch's windlight setting to my eye.

If this is a single story example, there could be other types of this house style which have an upper floor. This looks like a full sized parcel, rather than the 512 camper plot. If these are mountain homes in a pine forest I'm sure they will be popular, and there are exciting possibilities for natural landscapes to visit and drive through.

This is house-style five and doesn't look wildly different to what has gone before. This does make me wonder if there will ultimately be more continuity, and less variety of theme than in the old Linden continent . We've been thinking that due to the popularity of Meadowbrook there *have* to be some modern houses on the horizon, and I know fantasy fans have been hopeful for something less 'human'. What if this isn't actually going to happen? 

The team can only cover so many needs, and a Bellisseria which completely removes the desire to live elsewhere in SL was never the stated plan. Maybe having a themed continent with no jarring changes of style is actually what the majority want?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, I like open ceilings, so if the layout is good, I may abandon the Traditional I have. It is all about enough room for bedroom, bath, kitchen and livingroom. The last two can be an open space. I can build my own bath, if the windows allow it.

I am waiting patiently, not feeling it is super important to see them. I feel a bit sorry for the Trads, will they be the less desired of the three house themes?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.