Will we see a a new LH theme the 13th February?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I feel a bit sorry for the Trads, will they be the less desired of the three house themes?

for me the list would be
trailers
boats
Trad
Vic
depending on the new theme this might change
Of course when it's reason to go shop more the new one might rise fast as fav.

• Like 2

I have to admit it: I enjoyed my trads when I first got them, but the pecking order was sorted pretty quickly with them at the bottom of the list. followed by houseboats (which are lovely but can come with neighbor visual spam), then Vics close to the top with... trailers. Yes, trailers at the top, in spite of 512- because the landscaping around them tends to be just gorgeous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I feel a bit sorry for the Trads, will they be the less desired of the three house themes?

For me the preference order still is (from most liked to less liked):

• Traditionals
• Houseboats
• Trailers
• Victorians

For my purposes traditionals have just the right house footprint and garden area ratio. Houseboats on square parcels in non crowded locations are excellent choice too. The landscaping in trailer areas are very nice but the parcels are too small. Victorian houses have the biggest footprint, meaning less space for garden; the houses feel just too big for my purposes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I find I keep coming back to the traditionals, probably because I grew up in a suburban ranch house and live in one now (come to SL where you can live your dream life anywhere annnnd...pick a house just like RL lol).  Plus the traditionals are so versatile, with all the add ons.  I recently had a Winchester with a nice view from the second floor and put the kitchen and living room upstairs with the deck, and turned the window seat closets (add on) into kitchen pantry and laundry closet which was super fun.  My favorite home is a coastal Victorian (got lucky after trying for months!!); the mole landscaping and especially their water and wildlife sounds create a truly immersive beach experience.  In general, the Victorians are a little too big for me and can feel too formal, I've settled on the Doyle model and am decorating it "casual lived in beachy" with dingy white, light woods and petrol blue and am loving it!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

. I feel a bit sorry for the Trads, will they be the less desired of the three house themes?

Trads are my fav theme so far :) I actually let a Vic by the river go, to get a Trad again on my main account. Now, the tree houses are going to make me fall in love again, the theme is totally me, but I will probably use my partner and alt account to get them

My Trad is close to a pond ( I did derender part of the area to make it feel part of my plot)  and railway on the back. The location is not ideal, but something about  it made me feel at home

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2

While I find most of the Trad versions a tad tiny, I still find them preferable to the Vics, which just feel like too much house to me.  Since I find the Trads only a tiny bit too small, that is also why I find most of the exterior room add-ons for them result in too large of a house.

I think the Traditionals and Houseboats are both at the top of my list, and frequently flip flop as to which I prefer.  The Campers & Trailers are a definite third, as I still feel a bit cramped in them.  The Vics are my current least favorite.

While I think a Treehouse could be fun to play with for a short bit, I'm not sure I can see it feeling large enough. 

There is a part of me that would love a high ceiling open floor plan, similar to some of the older homes, though it 'might' feel too similar to the Trads and Vics. Then again, when I look around at the various types of houses out there on the Mainland, it still seems to me that true "houses" are used the most. I don't see a lot of Treehouses, Dungeons, Castles, fantasy styled homes, etc....  That seems to indicate that, despite what the folks on this forum might want, the majority of folks in SL prefer living in something that comes closer to resembling RL houses.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spaces between words help reading
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

For my purposes traditionals have just the right house footprint and garden area ratio. Houseboats on square parcels in non crowded locations are excellent choice too. The landscaping in trailer areas are very nice but the parcels are too small. Victorian houses have the biggest footprint, meaning less space for garden; the houses feel just too big for my purposes.

You really summed this up for me! Even within the trads I'm now finding the single story houses more cosy. 

I'm open to this new style as I'm hopeful for nice landscaping.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Then again, when I look around at the various types of houses out there on the Mainland, it still seems to me that true "houses" are used the most. I don't see a lot of Treehouses, Dungeons, Castles, fantasy styled homes, etc....  That seems to indicate that, despite what the folks on this forum might want, the majority of folks in SL prefer living in something that comes closer to resembling RL houses.

That is true for me, at any rate. I have owned/lived in various styles of houses in SL over the years, but what you will see me buying and living in 99% of the time is RL-style houses. This may be one reason why the Trads are probably my favorite, even though I didn't think so for a while because I was blinded by the lush Victorian landscaping. The Vics are just too big for me, with the exception of the Doyle, but I like all four of the Trad styles. Just wish they had the color-change interior walls like the Vics have! 

• Like 5

For me it’s 

1. Victorians
  2. Houseboats
  3. Traditionals
  4. Campers/Trailers

If you are having trouble decorating a Victorian (but like them), do keep trying! I’ve lived in 4 RL and even though they are always more challenging, it’s a really satisfying house style to conquer with a mix of historical and modern pieces. I’m telling myself the same thing for when I do a houseboat, that will be completely new to me. 

The Trads have 1 room too little. It is not strange that add-ons sell so well.

Kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and livingroom. Trads only have 3 rooms, so one has to buy a new room or a bath insert.

I like how I made my Winchester now.

But I don't need to buy or make add-ons for the Victorians. Plus that colorchange walls is the best!

If I am forced to have just one Premium account, I think I would take Victorian, for the reasons over.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

or skip a room:) for example i mostly skip the kitchen

I've skipped kitchens and bathrooms in many of my SL homes over the years. Sometimes I think I need or want them, but quite often I just don't bother. 

I'm pretty sure the biggest reason I've tried to design both into my Linden Homes is because so many others are doing it and so I wanted to see if I could make it work without needing a huge home.  

• Like 7

I've always liked the smaller trads (now in an Adams - pictures in the 'Show off your home' thread; previously in an Alderley). Even though I've bought add-ons for both, I wound up not using them (the Alderley shutters excepted) and managed to create a 'complete' house with bedroom/study/bathroom, living room, and kitchen/dining room. I did get hooked by the Vic's color-change walls, so bought the Adams interior paint shell which has mostly worked out well, so I don't feel like I'm missing out. That said, my alt has a Vic Hardy which I've almost finished decorating, and to my surprise it doesn't feel too big. (It has a bedroom, study, and bathroom upstairs, and a kitchen/dining room, TV room, and living room downstairs. The kitchen has actually been the biggest challenge.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

At the Linden Homes Preview area the sign now says coming Friday, Feb 28, 2020 for the new home reveal....

That kind of explains why the crowds disappeared today. LOTS of folks "waiting" yesterday :D. I read the sign  a couple of days ago but didn't notice the date if that was there.  Nice of them to let us know ------ finally :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

That kind of explains why the crowds disappeared today. LOTS of folks "waiting" yesterday :D. I read the sign  a couple of days ago but didn't notice the date if that was there.  Nice of them to let us know ------ finally :D.   

The date wasn't on the sign yesterday and I don't think it was there this morning either.  They must have added it sometime today - maybe after the Lab Gab announcement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.