Will we see a a new LH theme the 13th February?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, I had hoped this halftime would be it, too. But it can still be this weekend, even if it isn't exactly a week after the Expo started.

It feels very different from the Trailers reveal and the Victorians reveal. It was like people were buzzing with anticipation. Now, it is calm and almost a feeling of... detachment?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, I had hoped this halftime would be it, too. But it can still be this weekend, even if it isn't exactly a week after the Expo started.

It feels very different from the Trailers reveal and the Victorians reveal. It was like people were buzzing with anticipation. Now, it is calm and almost a feeling of... detachment?

This process has felt strangely muted compared to previous releases. Patch says he has scattered clues, but so far, nobody seems to have picked any of them up.

I wonder if it's hard for the moles / lindens to really think themselves into the mindsets of users who aren't aware of the plans going forward. They are so immersed in their work everyday, maybe things that seem obvious to them may be not at all to us?

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Patch says he has scattered clues, but so far, nobody seems to have picked any of them up.

A little surprised no one has studied the map and come up with any ideas yet. Based on my own scrolling's and region names I'm going to hazard a guess the next theme will be fishermens cottages since there's a lot of regions with fish and fishing related names

• Like 2

Was Bellisseria planned to be a specific shape? I think it depends on how you look at it. I tend to believe that our habit of 'pattern recognition' makes us try to make things make sense and Bellisseria just grew at random. Or, it could be planned to be the shape of a monkey with a tin cup.

As for "What will be the theme of the next residences?" I looked at the new regions' names and thought I saw a few that seemed to refer to merpeople. I looked around for regions that seemed to be being seascaped (rather than landscaped) and couldn't find any - but perhaps those ice islands are covering something?

I also wondered if the fact that the western extension seemed to be gradually rising meant that we would have snowy mountains in the future. I visited the current snowlands in Anton and found that (Second Life being what it is) you could have land with snow textures from as low as 90.

And lastly - there is a new region called "Blueberry Patch" - could that mean the next residences will be big thickets?

Views-of-Bellisseria.jpg

• Like 2

Patch hints:

Patch Linden: "If someone can figure out how my headless torso shot relates to Linden Homes I will be very interested in seeing how that's going to work out. "
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/page/160/?tab=comments#comment-2052749

It can be in the name of one of the new regions...   Thunderhead?

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/449496-linden-homes-photo-thread-live-the-expo/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-2063565

Edited by JaneS Crystal
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Based on my own scrolling's and region names I'm going to hazard a guess the next theme will be fishermens cottages since there's a lot of regions with fish and fishing related names

Never noticed LL using existing region names as hints for upcoming themes before.  Looking at the named regions closest to where a new theme is likely to drop in,  I see a preponderance of old London names (appropriate for Vic regions, which they are).

9 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

This process has felt strangely muted compared to previous releases. Patch says he has scattered clues, but so far, nobody seems to have picked any of them up.

I wonder if it's hard for the moles / lindens to really think themselves into the mindsets of users who aren't aware of the plans going forward. They are so immersed in their work everyday, maybe things that seem obvious to them may be not at all to us?

Yo Patch: references to future themes that absolutely no one notices are called "private jokes", not "hints".  References to future themes that people notice but cannot decipher are called "hints".

I think he's just being defensive when he says he's dropped hints already.   He's busy, so may not be able to spare any effort to "fun up" this theme release.

Not only is it a very busy time at LL, with the impending Sansar sale and return of 3 "heavy hitters" to the SL team ( Maestro, Monty and Runitai Linden?  Guess courtesy of @Inara Pey , whose writeup on yesterday's Lab Gab is terrific), but who knows what's going on with his own life.  He's a person like anyone else.

Hints were fun, but I don't see anything in LL's TOS guaranteeing that employees will interact in fun ways with residents.  All that has been a wonderful aspect of Belli's buildout, but even the most fun banter comes to an end when folks leave the bar.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rufferta said:

Was Bellisseria planned to be a specific shape?

Maybe some of it, but parts also happened by accident in response to the Community. What we refer to as the Squishy Pickle -- the section of houseboats in the upper NE - was not even originally planned, but came about because of the overwhelming demand for houseboats when they were first released.  And, when the Moles first started creating it, they had it located just under the SW section of the original piece - roughly where the NW part of the Victorian section is. Either Patch or one of the Moles said that they decided it looked out of place there and they had other ideas that might work better there, so when they actually deployed it, they put it in its current position in the NE area. Many of the other island like areas are also part of providing for the demand.

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Never noticed LL using existing region names as hints for upcoming themes before.  Looking at the named regions closest to where a new theme is likely to drop in,  I see a preponderance of old London names (appropriate for Vic regions, which they are).

If on the off chance region names do happen to be a clue I had another thought the next theme could be British style brick built homes there are at least 5 regions sharing the name of places local to me plus some other UK places 

• Like 5

I'd like to add that if they had wanted to create Bellisseria as a definite shape, they easily could have done that. I have seen different regions carved in different shapes, but the most beautiful I have seen is "Terraform Me" currently owned by Patch Linden.

Terraformme.jpg

• Like 5

So. Another thought.  Even if Patch hasn't time for hints nowadays, perhaps he's dropped hints in the past as to all future themes.  Last April, in the midst of a bunch of pics relating to the newly-released Belli homes (and a couple of his customary LL event-related pics), there are these two.  Game of Thrones and Hogwarts.

Media enthusiasms?

Or clues to Winterfell and Fantasy/magic themes?

47654397172_b14191b448_c.jpg

46869397584_baae8fefe9_c.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

So. Another thought.  Even if Patch hasn't time for hints nowadays, perhaps he's dropped hints in the past as to all future themes.  Last April, in the midst of a bunch of pics relating to the newly-released Belli homes (and a couple of his customary LL event-related pics), there are these two.  Game of Thrones and Hogwarts.

Media enthusiasms?

47654397172_b14191b448_c.jpg

46869397584_baae8fefe9_c.jpg

Have a look at the bottom of the lake, by Levity. I think there be dragons!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rufferta said:

I'd like to add that if they had wanted to create Bellisseria as a definite shape, they easily could have done that. I have seen different regions carved in different shapes, but the most beautiful I have seen is "Terraform Me" currently owned by Patch Linden.

Terraformme.jpg

Those two regions look more impressive on the map than they do in the flesh. Zoomed out to fit everything in the shot they lose a lot of detail

Stmbfly_005_edited.jpg.5d5549dcdacd3cb45fa3471dd301ae0b.jpg

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

phantasy and magic are great to visit ... but also for a big crowd to actually "live" in it?
For me it would turn into boring very fast .. it's like great music, fun for a while, but after a week 24/7 you get nuts by it.

14 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Still the same!!! 11pm Saturday!! Will they wait with the "reval" till the Expo closes??? :(

I can imagine it is a stressful time with many things going on. I am not following blogs about their hiring and firing, but isn't it fewer moles working now? Don't shoot me if I am wrong. I do not read every article about LL. It seems to me that new land for Victorians is developed fast, and still holding good quality. Moles are working on their muscle memory and developed technique? 

A new theme may take a bit more time to get up and ready to present. Fewer people mean vulnerability in case one or two key persons suffer illness or accidents in RL? 

I am sure they work as fast as possible, but they will not open a sloppy showcase. 

I am not expecting much, so I hope to be wow'ed. My secret hope is new landscaping unlike what we have seen. Desert, tropical, or maybe modern homes in glass, metal and unpainted cedar wood in a cliff landscape? The last would be a 100% dreamhome.

I will probably still grab a more sedate theme like log cabins in similar terrain as the campers, or brick cottages. But the hope is for something more daring and different.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I can imagine it is a stressful time with many things going on.
A new theme may take a bit more time to get up and ready to present.
Fewer people mean vulnerability in case one or two key persons suffer illness or accidents in RL?
I am sure they work as fast as possible, but they will not open a sloppy showcase.

All agree and totally true
but
LL is a company
the builders are employees
we are their customers and expect to get what they say, and when they say.
sometimes i think we see them to much as friends .. and however their friendlyness is genuine, they sell us their product. They deserved quite some credit, but let's not forget it's a company.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

All agree and totally true
but
LL is a company
the builders are employees
we are their customers and expect to get what they say, and when they say.
sometimes i think we see them to much as friends .. and however their friendlyness is genuine, they sell us their product. They deserved quite some credit, but let's not forget it's a company.

Mm yes. It was a bit surprising that the new theme wasn't revealed at the Expo beginning, but it is said to be revealed "during the Expo". It gives them more time. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Still the same!!! 11pm Saturday!! Will they wait with the "reval" till the Expo closes??? :(

The majority of them still do not work the weekends, so I'd guess tomorrow is more likely.  Better to have it during the week when the usual folks are around in case there are issues.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The majority of them still do not work the weekends, so I'd guess tomorrow is more likely.  Better to have it during the week when the usual folks are around in case there are issues.

True...however I was happily surprised yesterday (Saturday) when I had an issue with a house mailbox and went to live chat, to be helped by a Linden who fixed it immediately and gave me a cute little bear (my first Linden bear!)   Am hoping the reveal happens tomorrow  :)   I figure,  the earlier the homes are displayed at the Expo, the more exposure (and premium signups), so they are probably still finishing their work..I hope  the team got the weekend off...

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1513 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.