Wish list: Top 4 themes

Morena Tully

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Jenny Ashland said:

A modern theme would be nice, with an elevator... a beach house theme, Spanish house theme, and cabin theme... What I would like more then anything... is empty plots to use our own house with. It would be nice if they could just make a whole new mainland with plots spread about like this.

I just wish we could edit the houses ourselves. Like take the inside doors off, put up our own wallpaper, knock down a wall...

Also it would be nice if they asked top creators like ON*SU, Scarlet Creative, Trompe Loeil, Roost... ect... To build the houses... it would be nice to have a diff variety... Right now all 4 houses ect, pretty much look like the same house... 

I think you would do something 🤩 with that option because you have good taste!  But for me I would be like a 5 year old in a candy store and want some of everything! 😂 

11 hours ago, DevinVaughn said:

PART 2

3) Gothic-Medieval-Old England... I'm talking stone or brick buildings, not wood. It could be English along the lines like Hogwarts, Middle Ages, Castles, Old English Cottages and gardens. Could work for Fantasy, historical, and maybe some goths like me can Vamp a mini-castle. -^  The community meeting area could be something like a magnificent bad ass gothic ruin. 

c99ed51901a3c2ad149533b0cb71286e.jpg

12e830567a3e919033c1309d7777a07e.jpg

5d80832857a8bd9f611aa868183ec528.jpg

Bath-Lodge-1-950x640.jpg

hogwarts-express-train-uk-WIZJOB0618.jpg

Gothic-Ruins-Medieval-Arches.jpg

4) And now last of my picks for themes... JAPAN!        I loved my old Linden Japan home so much. The entire layout of that region was beautiful. I would dearly love an update of Linden Japan and gardens. ....lots and lots of awesome gardens. Community center could be a Japanese Castle, or something more fun and modern like a Karaoke bar, or the train station... I would come up with more ideas.. but tired and needing some sleeps. 

interest_garden_1680.jpg

2e5252603267f9fcbf4bdf0721d6b646.jpg

lkynauiukpldclbbfggu.jpg

b9ddfd807a6b15613ee1604cd14539d9.jpg

45053.jpg

f4f875a4453ebc1df4ef66ae4706351c.jpg

8333905.jpg?size=640x420

Kyoto-Ryoan-Ji_MG_4512.jpg

2370281677_3d38317ee9_b.jpg Hirosaki2.jpg.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand wishes and I’d love to see all of yours come true 🏡  You make me wish for all of yours now too 😂 

On 12/17/2019 at 2:40 PM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I really like this:) I think this would be really lovely (if the roof was a little higher though to give a more spacious feeling inside, and maybe bigger windows on the side). My ideal would be to have it open plan inside or maybe just divided into a couple of rooms. Great idea, thanks for sharing!

Oh, yes, I love those! This is like the Victorians (well, close enough for me, no doubt many will disagree... it's ok, just call me Jon Snow...)...

..on water.

Victorians. On water!

We have a winner. 😃

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 1:58 PM, Jenny Ashland said:

A modern theme would be nice, with an elevator... a beach house theme, Spanish house theme, and cabin theme... What I would like more then anything... is empty plots to use our own house with. It would be nice if they could just make a whole new mainland with plots spread about like this.

I just wish we could edit the houses ourselves. Like take the inside doors off, put up our own wallpaper, knock down a wall...

Also it would be nice if they asked top creators like ON*SU, Scarlet Creative, Trompe Loeil, Roost... ect... To build the houses... it would be nice to have a diff variety... Right now all 4 houses ect, pretty much look like the same house... 

❤️ I am currently retired as a Mole, so sadly not creating houses for LL right now and focused purely on Scarlet Creative.     But who knows what the future brings!!

Meanwhile I am stalking this thread for inspiration 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’d like to see some smaller experimental projects.

1. A high rise luxury apartment complex in an amazing skyscraper in the clouds
  2. A cyberpunk installation community cooperative.
    Play with height, environment settings at height levels etc. on these first two, probably not practical but it’s a wish/idea thread. 🙃
  3. Artist commune, urban, street exhibits, cafes, rooms for let, studios, galleries.
  4. Small business district, also urban, a residential/commercial neighborhood with 2-3 story shop/apartments
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 campers on double prim land ( 512 is large enough in size, but decorating is very tight
2 grotto's in a mountain theme .or as Marrianne showed just above .. a cliffhanging home :)
3 island theme, perhaps not full regions but homesteads
4 some kind of village strucure, lets say a 6 to 8 region block with a town feeling.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

Just now, Raspberry Crystal said:

Might be too dense for most people? What about a 'hamlet', say 6-8 houses in a row, compensated for by having much more open surroundings?

doesn't have to be more dense i think, instead of straight roads a more circular structure ? .. some with a pond in the middle, others a community function..

• Like 1

The idea of hobbit holes is intriguing. They could be tucked away underneath the Moles' landscaping, with a bit of front garden for your own. Done well, it could feel like a cozy and private retreat.

Then when the majority choose the same style and make it all shabby chic, the overall view would still have a lot of variety.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 7:59 PM, Nika Talaj said:

This thread is too soon for me.  I need to wait until after the Vics release, THEN I can think about new themes :)

OK, time to hazard a guess or two.  Or 4, might as well take a stab at guessing all 4 remaining themes!

1.  I look at the large new Vic regions that have been terraced up to heights of 50-70M on their eastern edge, I look at Moonia, I look at the fact that the Belli continent sports not one, but two, baby dragon designs, I look at an old pic of Patch's where he is riding a dragon, I look at petrified dragon/dino skeletons here and there in Belli.  Is Winter(fell) coming?

2.  I personally am not enthused about it, but I think sometime they MUST do Meadowbrook Mark II.  Modern, open floorplan homes with walls for art and views of great landscaping.  Midcentury Modern, anyone?

at-a-1954-midcentury-home-in-the-west-hi

3.  Camels in Millbank ... camels in Millbank ... oh I would dearly love to see it, but I doubt it's coming:  Sonoma, painted hills, red rock desert.  Infinity pool on the edge of a desert bluff, anyone?  How much would I love to have a home in Arches National Park???

4.  I think that if they want to make people happy they will at some point do a tropical, beachy theme.  This could go tiki, but personally I would love to see homes like those in the inland canyons of Hawaii etc. as well.  An excellent SL take on this is Mount Cooper, a Southern Blake Sea private region.  It is just magical to explore there.  Don't neglect the network of cave 'shortcuts' within the mountain.

1165449645_MountCooper_001.thumb.png.b8dc90f7b5010f8089c516705698c726.png

ETA: credit where credit is due.  @Conte Alchemi is a genious.

Edited by Nika Talaj
credit for Mount Cooper design/execution
  • Like 12

I previously wrote:

3. Houses in a camper style region

I love the camper regions, with all the greenery and rivers landscaping but not fond of campers (size). A simple modern home would do.

Well I think the log cabins ticks that box. From seeing the reveal, I think it's safe to say that the cabins will be a in a rural setting (maybe more mountainous that the reveal shows?) very much like the campers are.

But having seen all the themes so far, I think I'm still hooked on a water location. Although the homes released so far and environments are really lovely, nothing has tempted me from my houseboat. I love the open feel of it, looking out onto the sea. So I really, really hope that at least one of the remaining themes to come will be another home on water (all square type plots would be great, not some tiny beach hut type thing).

So my top 4 list has changed to:

1. 1024 Home next to water

2. 1024 Home next to water

3. 1024 Home next to water

4. 1024 something completely different (i.e. fantasy/space/something else not 'regular') next to water (of course lol)

😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So...Trads, Vics and the new Log Homes are all pretty safe styles, Many variations and like-able choices in the mix for sure but not anything too far off the mark of middle to upper middle class suburban prefabs in those neighborhoods. The buzz and continued popularity and uniquely creative decor of houseboats is great, it doesn’t seem to show any sign of slowing down, and the quirky charm and informal spirit of the campers persists...all to the tune of many people keeping multiple premium accounts. There was some cookie-cutter neighborhood stamping, and it was noted… So I’m hoping that will be kept to a minimum in upcoming neighborhood development. It’s obvious that many premium members in the new developments are not SL newbies, and may not ‘outgrow’ their Linden homes this time, instead staying in the community that has developed around the new homes.

Bellisseria is such a great success overall… but I still think something urban and commercial is missing. I can totally see a boardwalk of artists houseboats, with art sales and shows and art walks. There’s bound to be a way to do urban development on land the same way with small shops and storefronts in a similarly dense pattern, leading people to walk the streets, but keeping it far enough away from those who would wish to have their community area strictly residential.

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 2

Tropical Theme Suggestion:  Beach themes have always been popular - just the square flat sand beach parcels were terrible without views or landscaping. Spent some time today visiting places that have always been my major design ideas for landscaping "stuff". Why not a tropical theme with island, beach, and mountains like Hawaii or Costa Rica? After the mention of using Studio Skye's animated water for water features, I took a look back at Bader's sims. There are even two contemporary homes, one on a beach and the other on the side of a mountain cliff. In case you want to wander around here is a link that will drop you on one of his islands. Just wander around to see waterfalls, ponds, mountains and beaches. Love the sound of ocean waves or waterfalls! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Skye Glas/82/82/30 

I'd give up my Traditional for an island paradise home.

Studio Skye_001.png

Studio Skye_003.png

Studio Skye_004.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.