Wish list: Top 4 themes

Morena Tully

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So the topic has come up before, and I'm sure we're late to influence whatever is coming next, but now may be a good time for the community to rise up from the peanut gallery to say, in order, what their favorite theme would be! Four is a good number, because it shows what might not be most favorite, but something you'd still like. Maybe your #4 would be a lot of people's #2, or your number one wouldn't even make most people's lists. Here's mine:

1) Japanese (imagine the possibilities and beauty)

2) tree house (I'd love it, but I know it'd be pretty hard to make happen)

3) Mediterranean villas

4) Hobbit hole 512's  :D

• Like 17

Well, Patch's latest post did say they are presently deciding on the 8th Theme, so this might be a really good time for this thread.

1) I would definitely love to see an oriental set of homes.

2) Some sort of Villa, though I think I'd like Modern rather than Mediterranean

3) A tree house community would definitely be interesting and I think it could be done

4) Mountain cabins

I think #3 and/or #4 could be done as 512s or 1024s.  I definitely would want #1 and #2 done as 1024s.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

1: Modern (Google Palo Alto Modern and look at pictures)

2: Tropical forest/Beach/Hawaii - 512m?

3: Mountain log cabins

4: Desert/abode/Mexican/Spanish

I second that list but I wish there would be room for a Wild West theme too.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I second that list but I wish there would be room for a Wild West theme too.

Mexican, that could as well be Texas. Change between abodes and haciendas, 2 of each?

Edit: What is the difference between ranch, abode and hacienda?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Mexican, that could as well be Texas. Change between abodes and haciendas, 2 of each?

Edit: What is the difference between ranch, abode and hacienda?

Well, a Spanish home to me has nothing to do with Mexican, not sure in other countries. Our old homes here used to be made either of stone or adobe, but mostly are white/adobe with wood constructions: https://images.app.goo.gl/ewZCWvvCUrC3Z7aC6

A ranch is just part of Northamerica/Central american culture, and it includes animals: https://images.app.goo.gl/PaGSSLGoXGgqt9d8A.

The hacienda is bigger, and it includes a central patio, they are typical in Mexico: https://images.app.goo.gl/UjtNNQBt6enENDQV9

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elena Core said:
14 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

What is the difference between ranch, abode and hacienda?

A ranch is just part of Northamerica/Central american culture, and it includes animals: https://images.app.goo.gl/PaGSSLGoXGgqt9d8A.

A ranch is also what single story homes in the US are called, though many have basements, some even walk-out basements.  The single story part refers to the above ground levels.  That is different from a ranch with horses/cows/sheep/whatever. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This may be a bit off topic, but here goes: My preference would be a new smaller continent that is set up like Bellisseria except that it is configured for mom & pop shops, i.e. commercial with provided buildings and limits similar to Bellisseria. It could even have various themes based on types of shopping areas in the world like malls, city shopping districts, rural farmers markets, etc. It could be setup similar to how you would rent space in other shopping areas in SL, but it would be yours and you would not have to worry if the owner decided to sell or leave SL (can you tell I experienced this more than once?). And it would be a known shopping area for everyone in SL.

I tend not to have or use a "home" in SL, but I would love a provided location that I can have my shop instead of wherever in the wild west of open land.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I like the idea of a  mediterranean villa, but my #1 choice would be a varied beach community...shacks on stilts in the water, big Dune Road-type sea-front houses (Long Island, New York), waterfront Miami-type houses (see CSI Miami), Cape Cod beach shacks. Almost all houses could be on water by using canals.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Sean Heavy said:

This may be a bit off topic, but here goes: My preference would be a new smaller continent that is set up like Bellisseria except that it is configured for mom & pop shops, i.e. commercial with provided buildings and limits similar to Bellisseria. It could even have various themes based on types of shopping areas in the world like malls, city shopping districts, rural farmers markets, etc. It could be setup similar to how you would rent space in other shopping areas in SL, but it would be yours and you would not have to worry if the owner decided to sell or leave SL (can you tell I experienced this more than once?). And it would be a known shopping area for everyone in SL.

I tend not to have or use a "home" in SL, but I would love a provided location that I can have my shop instead of wherever in the wild west of open land.

I love that suggestion!  Permanent LL owned shops!  Perhaps that would encourage new Premiums to create content they can sell also :D  I would like it to connect to Bellisseria somehow, by bridge or Experience Portal or rail... or tunnel!  I’d even be excited to ‘commute’ to work! 

My top choices for future themes would be:

1) Retro Sci-fi;

2) Hillside Mid-century Modern;

3) Super Premium small island homes - 2048 or 4096 sized;

4) Cabins or chalets with big windows and covered porches or decks.

I LOVE this topic! 😁 and I love all the ideas and suggestions.  Now I’m really thinking about @Fritigern Gothly ‘s floating in the sky houses too!  🥰 

Whatever comes I’m quite sure I’ll be as gobsmacked as I have been since the Home Show last March at the quality and ingenuity.  I have learned so much about landscaping and decorating watching the progress of Bellisseria!  What a thrill it has been to feel so in touch with the Lindens and Moles and see so many Resident suggestions and wishes come true! 💝🤩

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1. Sky rocks with little cottages or castles on them.
  2. Underwater - at least 80-100m depth. In pod-plants or shell houses.
  3. Cyberpunk meets Jetsons sky city
  4. Deep forest tree houses that are in the middle to top layer of trees that are at LEAST 100m tall.

- You can randomly sort that order and I am equally there.

8a36ca52bcec70bc51213210ef6583ca--undersea-steampunk-building.jpg582894e9259c589e5645278cc43613b6.jpg

Free_Wallpaper__A_Castle_in_the_Sky.jpg

fantasy-art-floating-island-in-the-sky-PAT062-canvas-fabric-poster-custom-wall-art-room-decor.jpg

article-1057514-0035BBD800000258-707_233x288_popup.jpg

941b8876bffce98626588bbf3f43e732.jpg

0c579735-9b9e-442f-beb2-5340ca17549d.jpg

mx3lx0u006uz.jpg

7f76e8e7692375107e5998013155af0d--forest-house-treehouses.jpg

tree_village.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi85ZmE2MTc2MC1lNWNlLTRmZDEtYWQ0MC03ZTI5OThjZjA4YzYvZDRjcXh3LTgzOWUyZDNiLTdkNTktNGY3NC1iZWFmLThiNTdhZDk4MTU3YS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTA0OSIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NjYwIn1dXX0.2xA7ekky55sDtU7MNFGeuIsBbMY2uihw_LAbdJZ9ZRA

cbfd9a10397b73d31350fa8c4d50a150.jpg28b349cfbf0b642bc6e7471a730aef39--hd-wallpaper-wallpapers.jpg

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

1: Modern (Google Palo Alto Modern and look at pictures) 

#1 - Modern (Palo Alto Modern hands down #1, yes!) ❤️

#2 - Adobes. 😍

I'd love to see a desert-style landscaped section of Bellisseria to offset the green, sand and occasional rocky terrain. Imagine the varied plant life, the red sand blowing across the plains like the snow gusts at Winter wonderland... Campers and Cabins* could fit that terrain too?

#3 - Brownstones. (I'd love something more urban as opposed to suburban)☺️

Impossible as it may seem I'd love something that feels like living in the city and apartments just seem like a headache waiting to happen. It's not inconceivable to have rows of Brownstones (think Brooklyn Brownstones) though they would likely have to be given the illusion of "joined" by fake walls or shells between which would limit Resident's yards (offset by narrower backyards and basements perhaps?) and not be "as pretty" as the wide open spaces with lots of greenery (or water) as we currently have. Another downside would likely be the lag produced by lots of objects to render in dense areas such as we currently see with houseboats. But should the day ever come when we did get faux stores townhouses might suit those areas well.

#4 - Post Apoc. 🤔

It's a niche market and not something I'd ever really expect to see or would fit into Bellisseria as we have it right now well at all, but it's as fanciful as floating islands, underwater cities and fantasy builds so I thought I'd throw this into the mix. I doubt many would want to live next door to rusty, broken down hovels but imagine a shanty town and campers next to the train tracks!

#4 (option 2) - Beach / tropical bungalow. 🤩

Since there's many coastal areas to islands and we already have lots of sandy terrain this seems like a no-brainer and a nice gap-filler for these areas between Traditionals, Campers and Houseboats. It may just be a matter of creating lots of lagoon type areas so there's enough water to go around.

* As for cabins; I'd like to see them as they would blend into the current landscaping of Belli well. And if there were to ever be some snowy regions cabins would be ideal. But given the fact we have a mountain log cabin as a premium gift and already scattered throughout the camping areas it might be like reinventing the wheel for the LDPW and not much of a building challenge. As much as it pains me to say having followed the forums for a while now I can imagine Residents comparing the Belli cabin to the premium gift cabin and complaining they didn't get something "unique" and feeling shortchanged (as cabins can technically be used already by us on Mainland if we want to, just not in Belli). 

• Like 7

A 5th style if I had to go for 'realistic' would be a town on the water with no docks or piers; like the one outside of Lagos Nigeria:

above-Boat-Houses-in-Lagos-Nigeria.jpg
- one of the wealthiest cities in the world, but if you're not one of the several thousand millionaires & billionaires in the city, you might live here instead. These houses are built on stilts and other structures dropped into the lake to hold them up.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.