Jump to content

How are you feeling today?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Maybe I'll just start a fresh thread.

Put the holidays behind us and start helping each other get through the winter blues instead. 

Oh gawd, if you do then tag me or point me to it it.  I got the morning MS eyes with some brain fuzz today.  It'll clear soon but it also means I can't always concentrate well and find it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

It may not be bored that you are feeling, but information overload. Have you allowed yourself to have a good and proper rest from everything, to switch off the mind and the computer just for a little while, or have you been thinking too much lately?  

You're right, I was thinking too much, to the point where actually starting something got blocked. Had a good nights sleep and my thoughts have settled so I can be productive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

giphy.gif.ff069c5aa9592ab9b08a7d46c81372a4.gif

Maybe I'll just start a fresh thread.

Put the holidays behind us and start helping each other get through the winter blues instead. 

Please let me know if you decide to start a new thread, I need this thread 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like major crap and while I'm currently working from home, I'm trying to decide if I want to continue plodding as is or use some of my sick leave and just go back to bed.  My husband had this crud for over a week before I started feeling anything, so I truly thought I had managed to escape it. He often gets sick and I don't get anything more than a few sniffles.  No such luck this time around.  Major sinus issues over the last couple of days that have now shifted down into the chest.  It gives all the signs of an upper respiratory infection of some sort.  The coughing is making my chest hurt - reminds me of the days back when I smoked and got bronchitis all the time.

ETA:  And we have some major planning meetings over the next few days at work and everyone is expected to be in the office unless they are truly on their death bed.  I might actually have to go get a doctor's note.  *sigh*

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I feel like major crap and while I'm currently working from home, I'm trying to decide if I want to continue plodding as is or use some of my sick leave and just go back to bed.  My husband had this crud for over a week before I started feeling anything, so I truly thought I had managed to escape it. He often gets sick and I don't get anything more than a few sniffles.  No such luck this time around.  Major sinus issues over the last couple of days that have now shifted down into the chest.  It gives all the signs of an upper respiratory infection of some sort.  The coughing is making my chest hurt - reminds me of the days back when I smoked and got bronchitis all the time.

ETA:  And we have some major planning meetings over the next few days at work and everyone is expected to be in the office unless they are truly on their death bed.  I might actually have to go get a doctor's note.  *sigh*

Could someone FaceTime the meeting for you?  You really need to stay in bed! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Could someone FaceTime the meeting for you?  You really need to stay in bed! 

They do have today's meeting - and likely the next few days - running via WebEx, which is how I'm semi-watching / listening now.  I'm considering unhooking the laptop from the larger monitors and taking it to bed. Of course, if I was in bed, I'd likely fall asleep rather than pay any attention to the meeting.

I likely wont' go to the office tomorrow regardless of them wanting as many folks as possible on site.  They really, really do not want me there hacking all over them, spreading germs everywhere.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2020 at 8:13 AM, anniepany said:

So...first post in this thread but I have been following it since it was started and it has made me feel that I am not alone, but I have hesitated in sharing, mainly because I am a private person but I feel the need to open up. A few weeks ago, I started not feeling right (we all know that feeling) when something just feels off inside but you can't find out where it's coming from. So, I made an appointment and waited for the tests to come back. Friday they did. Seems I have an underactive thyroid, but I have also been dealing with some feminine problems that they still haven't figured out what the problem is, the problem is so debilitating that it has caused me to become more or less housebound. I'm 38 years old, led a very full and productive life and the whole thing has left me feeling hopeless. I am now in the process of selling my business because I can no longer maintain an active role in it. So, on a scale of 1 to 10 I feel like a negative 10 right now.

P.S. I almost didn't post this but I'm glad I did.

I'm glad you posted. It's hard to take the first step, but it's worth it. Sounds like this illness is really devastating you.  Hope they find what exactly is wrong and there's a way to fix it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I'm glad you posted. It's hard to take the first step, but it's worth it. Sounds like this illness is really devastating you.  Hope they find what exactly is wrong and there's a way to fix it.

I've had so many tests and so many drugs thrust upon me and promises that go nowhere, my quality of life has suffered. Most of the time, I can manage the pain but there are days that a part of me wishes....but I'm a strong woman and I will overcome this, it's just every now and then you just need some moral support. I haven't given up that it can be fixed and there's always hope. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warning this long rambly post; today I feel like myself again and in other news my mom has finally turned a corner and she is feeling herself again too!  She actually was much more mobile today, her eating still there, and she felt physically capable of making me cup of tea (I did tell her I was happy to make it however she like but you did the the shopping) as I went grocery shopping for us today and she did drying up after I washed up the dirty dishes  from what I cooked for us both after we finished eating so I'm happy she feels herself again and happy my mood is my usual self. :)   

Edited by MrsSeren
correcting a typo
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mom and myself still good, she still in bit of pain but nothing like she was and doing more stuff but she not rushing back to her jobs as carer for this lady and old gentlemen; the lady understands where as the gentlemen not so much but she needs time to rest and not cause another flare after all. :) 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@LexxiXhan I hope your interview went well!  I was sending positive thoughts your way and hope you get the job. 

Today I'm fine though bit lacking in energy but that situation normal since recovering from sepsis a few years back. However mom has definitely turned a corner; she managed a walk to our local village and back home again so I'm happy about that. :) 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

@LexxiXhan I hope your interview went well!  I was sending positive thoughts your way and hope you get the job.

Aww, thanks! The interview yesterday went really well - I haven't seen someone so excited about me in a long time 🤣

The follow-up interview today was a lot more deadpan, although I caught a few reassuring smiles at key moments. Will just have to wait and see..

Wishing you and your mom energy and good health :)

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My introverted self is feeling majorly on people overload. This leads me to be more grumpy and misanthropic than usual. The hell that is other people. Etc. People overload is leading to depression sliding. Plus: Snow. There is snow. Cars to be dug out. Walkways to slip on. Wanting to drink but too poor to afford alcohol.

  • Sad 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

My introverted self is feeling majorly on people overload. This leads me to be more grumpy and misanthropic than usual. The hell that is other people. Etc. People overload is leading to depression sliding. Plus: Snow. There is snow. Cars to be dug out. Walkways to slip on. Wanting to drink but too poor to afford alcohol.

Same here, except instead of snow, there's rain. Lot's of rain. They're sending my daughter home early from work because they're afraid the bridge through town is going to be shut down. Also, I have laundry on the line. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Aww, thanks! The interview yesterday went really well - I haven't seen someone so excited about me in a long time 🤣

The follow-up interview today was a lot more deadpan, although I caught a few reassuring smiles at key moments. Will just have to wait and see..

Wishing you and your mom energy and good health :)

She says thanks, she appreciated all good thoughts fellow posters and friends in world have sent.  I did a photo with my friend which was fun and it for photo challenge that a guy friend hosts regularly. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know, no matter what drugs a doctor might give you, there is absolutely nothing that will numb a throat sore from inflamed lymph nodes.  I've not been this miserably sick in a very long time. It hurts when I end up in another coughing fit and it just plain hurts to swallow - and it's not like we can avoid swallowing.  I've actually cried multiple times today from the pain and there is not a damn thing anybody can do.  

  • Sad 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You know, no matter what drugs a doctor might give you, there is absolutely nothing that will numb a throat sore from inflamed lymph nodes.  I've not been this miserably sick in a very long time. It hurts when I end up in another coughing fit and it just plain hurts to swallow - and it's not like we can avoid swallowing.  I've actually cried multiple times today from the pain and there is not a damn thing anybody can do.  

I am so sorry, I have been there — I remember putting a trash can by the bed to spit in because swallowing was so painful. Last time it happened I dragged myself to the urgent care and got a shot of some kind and some very nice painkillers. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You know, no matter what drugs a doctor might give you, there is absolutely nothing that will numb a throat sore from inflamed lymph nodes.  I've not been this miserably sick in a very long time. It hurts when I end up in another coughing fit and it just plain hurts to swallow - and it's not like we can avoid swallowing.  I've actually cried multiple times today from the pain and there is not a damn thing anybody can do.  

   @GoSpeed Racer has actually been suffering from something that sounds very much like this. You poor kid. ☹️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...