Jump to content
Beth Macbain

How are you feeling today?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am glad you did too.  I am glad it helped a little for you to share.   Hugs from me too :) 

Thanks Cindy. There's something kind of healing in sharing your pain with others who understand. And hugs from me to you, too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

It's funny how a phrase with a simple picture can get to "this", to me being the bad guy because using the word 'triggered' is now bAd and not a meme anymore, smh... 

Let it go now.  Your instagram link was not appropriate for this thread.  You were told.  It's done.  Time to move on to those who need the thread for the spirit it was created in.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ManuelAngel2004 , you have not understood the purpose of this thread, which you would have done if you had read the first few posts.  We who have been posting here for weeks now know that this is a place for sharing sometimes very raw experiences.  It is not a place for showing off, either your body or your accomplishments, nor is it a place to crack a joke in the form of pretending to be sad about something (yes, someone actually did that and I contacted them inworld to see if they needed help, which they did not - they hadn't bothered to find out what we're doing here either).  My advice to you is to stop arguing, as that is guaranteed to make things worse.

I'm sorry to have had to say all this, everyone.

As for me, I am doing all right, though a bit worried about my teeth.  They're in a bad way after a dentist made a mess of them a few years ago, leaving two half-extracted, and the only way to fix them is to go into hospital.  I shan't do that until they do more than twinge a bit, as I'm really not looking forward to it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I have a gazillion things I could be doing, in SL, in RL, I got untouched games in my Steam account yet I can't seem to start anything...and I feel bored.

This is one of the strangest feelings ever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Let it go now.  Your instagram link was not appropriate for this thread.  You were told.  It's done.  Time to move on to those who need the thread for the spirit it was created in.  

27 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@ManuelAngel2004 , you have not understood the purpose of this thread, which you would have done if you had read the first few posts.  We who have been posting here for weeks now know that this is a place for sharing sometimes very raw experiences.  It is not a place for showing off, either your body or your accomplishments, nor is it a place to crack a joke in the form of pretending to be sad about something (yes, someone actually did that and I contacted them inworld to see if they needed help, which they did not - they hadn't bothered to find out what we're doing here either).  My advice to you is to stop arguing, as that is guaranteed to make things worse.

I'm sorry to have had to say all this, everyone.

As for me, I am doing all right, though a bit worried about my teeth.  They're in a bad way after a dentist made a mess of them a few years ago, leaving two half-extracted, and the only way to fix them is to go into hospital.  I shan't do that until they do more than twinge a bit, as I'm really not looking forward to it.

You guys were the ones who gave this that importance, not gonna say anything else, JUST DROP IT, okay? I already reported my post, and "Show off?" my GOOOOOOOD, this is a VIRTUAL world!!! As long as I'm not harming anyone it's correct my GAAAAWWWWD.like it's ONE post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

As long as I'm not harming anyone it's correct my GAAAAWWWWD.

I felt very harmed by that body hair.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

I had a problem with receiving compliments,because for many years i  felt a lot of sarcasm in any compliment i got. Yesterday i was waiting for dental surgery and met momthers  friend(who is working as nurse).Sme smiled and asked how i am,i said i m good. And asked how she is too..anf then she said :mmm..you are so big,mmm.with a biig smile . And i felt like sure i am big compared to her  extremely slim daughter (and she will never get fat even if she will try ),lol,which i respect and she is also friendly with me, but thing that i have overweight doesnt make me an elephant . And this situation amde me feel broken , but the good moment is the surgery was good and i wasnt in pain .

I am glad the dental surgery itself went well. It is a big deal to find a decent dental surgeon.  

It is hard to receive compliments and not read other things into them, but everyone has good qualities.

Having a big smile, and being brave enough to endure dental surgery is something I genuinely admire you for.  Look at Victoria Beckham. As skinny as a rake, but miserable and sour looking all the time.  She has such a lot in her life, but doesn't seem to really look like she's happy. 

And do you ever watch Dr Sandra Lee's programme? She is beautiful, and what makes her most beautiful is the way she sees everyone for the beautiful people they really are, and we all come in different shapes and sizes and our individuality makes us all beautiful to someone - and all of us need to look in the mirror and see our own beauty - whether it is our eyes, our hair, our skin, our teeth, our positive personalities. We are all worthy. 

In another life, us BBW sat and posed for Rubens. His paintings are worth millions of £/$/E. We are worth that too.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 10:19 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Other half got flu shot. Then proceeded to get the flu at work and give it to me. I was in bed all week.

I haven't had a flu shot for three years, because the last two years I felt so shocking afterwards, and couldn't move my right arm for a week. I hope you don't get flu for a good long while, its so grim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

House clean.

Bathed.

Expecting a man bearing home baked bread at my door within the hour.

Hopeful of a good day. 

But I look like Quasimodo, because overnight my right eye lid has all swollen up. #badtiming #atleas*****notmyperiod

                                                                                                                                                                         t1ts

An update:

The bread was delicious.

The man was (is) delightful. 

My eye is very sore still. 

But this day has been deposited into the Bank of Good Days.  And I feel very very blessed. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, anniepany said:

So...first post in this thread but I have been following it since it was started and it has made me feel that I am not alone, but I have hesitated in sharing, mainly because I am a private person but I feel the need to open up. A few weeks ago, I started not feeling right (we all know that feeling) when something just feels off inside but you can't find out where it's coming from. So, I made an appointment and waited for the tests to come back. Friday they did. Seems I have an underactive thyroid, but I have also been dealing with some feminine problems that they still haven't figured out what the problem is, the problem is so debilitating that it has caused me to become more or less housebound. I'm 38 years old, led a very full and productive life and the whole thing has left me feeling hopeless. I am now in the process of selling my business because I can no longer maintain an active role in it. So, on a scale of 1 to 10 I feel like a negative 10 right now.

P.S. I almost didn't post this but I'm glad I did.

The human body is such a complex machine, and the tiniest of things can cause it to make us feel very ill indeed. Things WILL get better. Having an underactive thyroid can make you feel so tired and sluggish and affect your skin and give symptoms not dissimilar to the menopause.  These were all happening to me when I turned 40. I was diagnosed as having depression and put on meds, but later it was found to be underactive thyroid. The difference once the right treatment was found is phenomenal. I feel like have been given a second crack at life, and it is a whole lot better than the previous one I was living.

And hopefully, this will happen for you too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Ugh, I have a gazillion things I could be doing, in SL, in RL, I got untouched games in my Steam account yet I can't seem to start anything...and I feel bored.

This is one of the strangest feelings ever.

It may not be bored that you are feeling, but information overload. Have you allowed yourself to have a good and proper rest from everything, to switch off the mind and the computer just for a little while, or have you been thinking too much lately?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

As long as I'm not harming anyone it's correct

No, it really isn't correct and the fact that you don't understand why what you did was so abhorrent is just one of the many reasons your post was not well received. 

I started the thread, but unfortunately I'm not in control of who posts what. 

And not for nuthin', but the aesthetic nimrod head/body/whatever it is combo... 

200.gif.52d846760eeb55d7966a45343ec8a13c.gif

Dries me up faster than the thought of Donald Trump naked. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

I've just been retweeted by one of the most prominent and feisty feminists on the internet. My feelings are a mixture of elation and bracing myself against being targeted by transphobes over the next few days..

WOOT! And what a great - and true -tweet!

Congratulations! I'll help you tell the transphobes off!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

No, it really isn't correct and the fact that you don't understand why what you did was so abhorrent is just one of the many reasons your post was not well received. 

I started the thread, but unfortunately I'm not in control of who posts what. 

And not for nuthin', but the aesthetic nimrod head/body/whatever it is combo... 

200.gif.52d846760eeb55d7966a45343ec8a13c.gif

Dries me up faster than the thought of Donald Trump naked. 

 

 

Still giving a post that much of importance? GET ON WITH IT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

I've just been retweeted by one of the most prominent and feisty feminists on the internet. My feelings are a mixture of elation and bracing myself against being targeted by transphobes over the next few days..

That's really great! I lost myself in Twitter there for a while. Why does anyone feel the need to be phobic against anyone else? It's just plain mean. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

Still giving a post that much of importance? GET ON WITH IT.

*Instert Billie Eilish* I'm the baaaaad guy, duh! 🎶 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ManuelAngel2004 said:

*Instert Billie Eilish* I'm the baaaaad guy, duh! 🎶 

This is like... not funny. Let me summarize everything and give my honest opinion. 

- Manuel posted a link to his ig account and that was wrong, but stop giving it that much of attention, in a previous quote he said "I already reported it" which as I understand means that moderators are gonna take it down so it's not on his hands now. 

Manuel, what you did was wrong and it shouldn't have happened, but I also understand that it may have just been a missunderstood and you didn't had a bad intention. 

Best regards, Betty

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif.ff069c5aa9592ab9b08a7d46c81372a4.gif

Maybe I'll just start a fresh thread.

Put the holidays behind us and start helping each other get through the winter blues instead. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Maybe I'll just start a fresh thread.

But Betty's only just found this one..

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

The human body is such a complex machine, and the tiniest of things can cause it to make us feel very ill indeed. Things WILL get better. Having an underactive thyroid can make you feel so tired and sluggish and affect your skin and give symptoms not dissimilar to the menopause.  These were all happening to me when I turned 40. I was diagnosed as having depression and put on meds, but later it was found to be underactive thyroid. The difference once the right treatment was found is phenomenal. I feel like have been given a second crack at life, and it is a whole lot better than the previous one I was living.

And hopefully, this will happen for you too. 

I truly hope that's the case for me too, Marigold. Thank you so much for the encouraging words 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

giphy.gif.ff069c5aa9592ab9b08a7d46c81372a4.gif

Maybe I'll just start a fresh thread.

Put the holidays behind us and start helping each other get through the winter blues instead. 

That's a great idea.  Would it help to put something in the title to indicate that it's a serious topic, or do you think that would just encourage the kind of response we've been encountering here lately?

The Ignore button is always at hand, of course. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...