Jump to content

How are you feeling today?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I surived another trip to the vets for the dog after a sneezing fit that led to some blood on my tiles.  The vet is trying another dose of antibiotics and presented me with a price list breakdown of what the next steps might be.  Explorations under anaesthetic of his nose. Possible removal of a back tooth where the gum looks slightly red and no guarantee that the exploration of the nose is not going to lead to surgery/costs if they find something.   Then there is the questioning myself.  How much is it fair to put him through?  He is an old boy now.  I have had him 10 years.  He was a rescue dog who they guessed was between 18 months and 3 years when I got him.  I am worried about him and my decisions on the best thing for him.  He is a huge part of this family and I want to do right by him.   

I hope you shake off your lurgy LittleMe.  Luckily mine only lasted 4 days and didn't reach your levels :( 

Complete derail.  When looking at the reactions on LittleMe's most recen't post  I see this..

91307177a6cee57dd4608c9a9edaea76.png

When you hover over "0 others"  it says Pamela Galli.  Does this mean Pamela is a ghost?

 

 

  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I am so sorry, I have been there — I remember putting a trash can by the bed to spit in because swallowing was so painful. Last time it happened I dragged myself to the urgent care and got a shot of some kind and some very nice painkillers. 

The doctor did give me the good cough medicine - the stuff with codeine in it. Even though I woke up tons last night, it was still the best night of sleep that I've had in a week - almost no coughing, and I can actually swallow this morning without screaming or bursting into tears.

She also gave me some antibiotics, though she did say that there is a chance that it is viral rather than bacterial.  However, if it is bacterial, she said that I should be pretty much over it all by the end of the weekend.  I'm crossing my fingers.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I surived another trip to the vets for the dog after a sneezing fit that led to some blood on my tiles.  The vet is trying another dose of antibiotics and presented me with a price list breakdown of what the next steps might be.  Explorations under anaesthetic of his nose. Possible removal of a back tooth where the gum looks slightly red and no guarantee that the exploration of the nose is not going to lead to surgery/costs if they find something.   Then there is the questioning myself.  How much is it fair to put him through?  He is an old boy now.  I have had him 10 years.  He was a rescue dog who they guessed was between 18 months and 3 years when I got him.  I am worried about him and my decisions on the best thing for him.  He is a huge part of this family and I want to do right by him.   

I hope you shake off your lurgy LittleMe.  Luckily mine only lasted 4 days and didn't reach your levels :( 

Complete derail.  When looking at the reactions on LittleMe's most recen't post  I see this..

91307177a6cee57dd4608c9a9edaea76.png

When you hover over "0 others"  it says Pamela Galli.  Does this mean Pamela is a ghost?

 

 

So I actually have 3 reactions to this:  Sad for doggy, Thanks for me, Laughs for Pam being a ghost.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's so hard for people to understand the kind of pain a person is in when all they see what is perceived as a healthy person, I've had people look at me and tell me "You don't look sick." or "you can't really be that sick, if you're here" I actually had a so called friend of mine, look me in the eyes and tell me "I don't believe you" when I was asked to go out for the evening. I think that hurt worse then the physical pain I have. Needless to say, we are no longer friends.

Today, I feel alone and vulnerable.

  • Sad 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, anniepany said:

It's so hard for people to understand the kind of pain a person is in when all they see what is perceived as a healthy person, I've had people look at me and tell me "You don't look sick." or "you can't really be that sick, if you're here" I actually had a so called friend of mine, look me in the eyes and tell me "I don't believe you" when I was asked to go out for the evening. I think that hurt worse then the physical pain I have. Needless to say, we are no longer friends.

Today, I feel alone and vulnerable.

That is my experience too, e.g. I went into the office on a 'good' day to collect a few things after being given voluntary redundancy and some idiot whizzkid wannabe gave me a horrible sneer while in effect calling me a liar.

I'm sorry you're feeling alone and vulnerable; your feeling is accurate, and sometimes you can only suffer it until something better happens or you can distract yourself.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

That is my experience too, e.g. I went into the office on a 'good' day to collect a few things after being given voluntary redundancy and some idiot whizzkid wannabe gave me a horrible sneer while in effect calling me a liar.

Sometimes I just wish some people could walk a mile in our shoes and if they did, I'm sure they wouldn't ever say another negative word. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 once again talked with mom and had a big hope of no hysteria and all that..but once again her:look at yourself bombovoz (bag of bombs,lol).See how slim,sporty girls are with softy lips,makeup ,etc..

Why it sounds so discusting to me..literally feel like bag of sh.t now..

  • Sad 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm feeling like I was pressured into buying 4 boxes of Girl Scout cookies! Damn those little witches and their great tasting cookies!! Damn them for making me think I was helping out by handing over a 20.00!  Damn them Damn them Damn them.. there goes my diet. lckly you can freeze the thin mints

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

”How are you feeling today?”
 

Well.... My monitor went kaput so I’ve been computer-less and unable to get online for the last few weeks. 😅 I’m shopping around for a new one but in the meantime I have kept myself busy doing other RL things I’ve been neglecting. 🙂

 

Only downside to this break is I have to neglect my wordpress site for a bit, but hopefully I can get back to it soon. Well, and I had about thirty boxes sitting in my inventory that I hadn’t unpacked yet before my monitor cropped out. 😬

 

Back to lurking. Hope you’re all having a great day. 🙂

~Vael

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My pukka tea; Womankind has numbed pain again today so I can once again sit comfy for long periods without constant up and down; mentally I'm good because been working on a colouring in project plus have photo for blog to do today. :) 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been down... way, way, way down. That big black hole of depression and sadness and that feeling of foreboding and dread.

Finally started to shake that and got sick. Really sick for a few days but much better now. I get nauseated after I eat. Blah.

BUT I had the best weekend I’ve had in a long time. I bought all new bedding (Pink!) and that was a lovely treat for myself, and I got to spend a lot of time with my fella in SL, and bought the new Teegle horse, and I have some amazing dark chocolate sent to me from that same fella, and now I’m winding down listening to some T-Swizzle before curling up in all my new bedding with my floofy-floofs and dreaming about a trip to the UK.

Let’s see if we can make this a good week, maybe? We all deserve to have a good week.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I am in shock finding myself living not under the rule of law for the first time in my life. I cannot shake the depression. All my life I’ve wondered how the German people let this happen to them. Now I know.

I'm not really in shock, being a pessimist as well as introverted and clinically depressed,  I sort of suspected the rules had been changing for some time....

But I'm right there with you with the "how could this have happened" feeling.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...