ZOMG PATCH!!!

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I swear, I don't profile-stalk @Patch Linden (much) but I noticed something different about it last night.

It seems like just yesterday that our beloved Bellisseria visionary was a senior director, but now it seems he is...

VICE PRESIDENT OF PROGRAM OPERATIONS

Never was there ever a more deserving person and I'm so proud I could scream!

Congratulations, Mr. VP! ❤️

IAhssTs.gif.5e6e915848028f257909e47737686684.gif

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations @Patch Linden  AND (hopefully) @Derrick Linden ! Spread the wealth, LL!

Well, I had the "rewarded" part right, way back on Sep. 1st!  I wonder how much of my fictional criteria they achieved?

Belli may be a planned experiment on the part of the LDPW team, to see if they can meaningfully grow the premium membership revenue stream by making LHs more attractive.  Let's say they grow Premium membership from 60,000 to 85,000, gross revenue growth of 1.5M$.  If they can do this with only 1 new hire and maybe $250,000 of Mole contracting, AND if the bump in premiums persists for more than one year,  I think that would be great.  And Patch & Derrick will be somehow rewarded.  

• Like 13

Not been on line for a few days real life stuff but what wonderful news to  read while having  my coffee !!!!!! Wonderful !!!!! Doing happy dance!!!!!!!  Big congrats !!!! And sweet beloved Beth  love you to the moon and back and thank you so much for the update ,,,  as I started to read the threads all i thought was this is great everyone happy and like a forum surprise congrats party for patch  AND   when he goes to read the threads   with all the love and congrats  !!!! WHOOT  WHOOT  !!!!!  he will be so happy and wonderfully surprised  .....   a wonderful way to let another  know  how much you appriciate the hard work .....  BIG CONGRATS ,,,,,,,, chasing with hugs and cake and icecream    whoot whoot 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

And I have to perhaps expose my own level of insensitivity by saying I don't get your comment about Sylvia's photo throwaway being any more inappropriate than anything else here.  Patch is an excellent SL photographer, and his shots show a level of glee in SL that is refreshing, coming from a Linden.  Having a Linden enjoy taking SL photos kind of validates the time some residents spend creating beautiful images in SL.  He shares his photos both to highlight achievements of his team and to give followers some fun, but none of his work is salacious, and neither was her comment.   I personally don't see it as being any more invasive than anything else we've said here.  Just wanted to offer that, don't intend to dispute about it.

THIS. Patch's photos remind me of the days when Torley gleefully shared his SL with us. For those who actually look at Patch's Flickr, his pics show that same playfulness and he teases hints about what's to come next in Belli. How this person twisted it into something offensive is beyond my comprehension!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Patch's photos remind me of the days when Torley gleefully shared his SL with us.

@Patch Linden is the reincarnation of @Torley Linden.

Not since Torley have we had a Linden so engaged and hands-on with the community. As for appropriateness if "stalking" Patch, remember that as a Linden he is a Second Life resident (Albeit with GODDZ status, but still.) He has not shared any of his first-life information and neither should he. If he did and we stalked that first-life version then there would be some serious ethical questions. But as a Linden; as an SL Resident, he shares a lot and if he didn't want to then he wouldn't.

Unless the Torley Ghost is brain-washing Patch with Torley's most evil of inventions: the FaceLight.

OH! And I'm positive Patch's promotion was because he managed to suffer and put up with my incessant nagging about SLRR on Bellisseria and after that he deserved it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Torley is responsible for that?

Dear god. 

Also, I'd pay extra to see a Patch/Torley buddy series of vlogs. 

Click play to go straight to the relevant section: Setting dark to super dark, then creating a "personal light" LOL

Edit to add: Torley Island also is till there. In maps just search Torley to bring it up and TP there for some real retro-SL. :)

Another edit to add: Torley realized what he had done and how Face Lights really divided the community (you love it or hate it, rarely an in-between) and he admitted feeling guilty about it, so LL added a new feature and Torley did a special tutorial on it here:

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.