Can I stop NO PAYMENT ON FILE persons from IMing me?

JoiMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, JoiMarie said:

Is there a way to halt people with "No Payment on File" in their profiles from being able to contact me? 

I know there is a way to restrict contact to friends list, but I really only want to halt the alts/noobs from IMing me.

Not everyone without payment on file are alts/noobs, and by the way, you were a noob once. Keep that in mind.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JoiMarie said:

Is there a way to halt people with "No Payment on File" in their profiles from being able to contact me? 

I know there is a way to restrict contact to friends list, but I really only want to halt the alts/noobs from IMing me.

Simply put, No.  You can block any individual you want but you cannot block a group of people via a criteria like payment info.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JoiMarie said:

No.  You cannot block those who do not have payment info on file, or limit it to only allowing premium users to IM you. You have to block each user individually. You can set it in Firestorm to only receive IMs from friends and groups, but that can come back to haunt you. For example if you needed support from a creator or have a customer who needed to contact you, or even if a landowner or store owner is trying to ask you something when they see you on their property. Not replying to them is the best way to get kicked/banned. *chuckle*

Just block those folks who continue to bother you repeatedly. It is the easiest solution. :)

It could be she wants to block a particular someone, such as a partner or love interest situation where they broke up and the one she broke up with may be still trying to contact her through noob/alt accounts.

The only thing you can do other than allowing only friends to IM you is to be an alt yourself for awhile so you have an account where a particular person doesn't know your alt name.

You don't have to loose your account over it...just to have some space...be an alt and get away from the situation for awhile.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

for some reason i wonder a bit .... why? ...

Obviously if they have no payment on file there is very little chance she will get any money from them. To be honest I am less likely to speak with someone with no payment on file as well.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Obviously if they have no payment on file there is very little chance she will get any money from them. To be honest I am less likely to speak with someone with no payment on file as well.

Wow.  I never thought of that.

Parcel owners have the ability to block those WITHOUT payment info on file as well as to check 18+ only.  

Maybe find more "private" clubs to go to then.  There are some.  A friend of mine has one that is invitation only.  

8 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Think twice! Maybe they are alt with some pocket money from their main account. Secretly doing stuff their "married" main account can't do 😁

• Like 2

I have some of the loveliest conversations with newbies who have no payment on file. There was one at Fantasy Gay Pride this week. Zero days old, wearing a Starter avatar, found us in the Destination Guide. I got an IM from her out of the blue, saying that she liked my profile. I thanked her, then she asked about ways to customise her avatar so we ended up discussing that for an hour.  She was from Central or South America somewhere, with Spanish as her first language, but she spoke near-perfect English. I offered friendship to her (not the other way round), mainly so the can contact me again more easily if she needs help. I'll drop her off again in a month or so if she hasn't contacted me again by then.

To the OP, if your reason for wanting to block newbies from IMing you is because they are all guys giving the "Hi how R U, wanna s**?" approach, try adding something in your profile to say you're a guy in RL. Even if you're not. It works almost every time. If they persist, tell them you're a pro and give them a price-list (with over-exaggerated prices).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People could still IM you from outside the parcel..

Yeah, I know....so you'd have to begin as an alt account and then the only people you would meet if you only stay on your parcel are people who have payment info on file.  

I am sure there are clubs that use this feature or wanted this feature if it's there.

My opinion of it, I personally would not use it.  I would not ban people who have no payment info on file.  

2 hours ago, belindacarson said:

That's why theyre being messaged.

Google the meaning of the first 3 letters "joi"

I Googled the meaning of joi cuz I didn't know.

So, I think that she is angry and it sounds like a break-up, and the person she is angry with keeps making noob/alt accounts and IMing her.

There is no way to deal with lover's spats like this other than to be an alt yourself for awhile until things simmer down.  If that is indeed the case.

BTW, they could have made up already since she hasn't returned to the thread.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.