Can I stop NO PAYMENT ON FILE persons from IMing me?

JoiMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, JoiMarie said:

Next, when someone here is 12 years old and they have NPIOF in their account, it's kind of obvious they are on an alt. Do I hate them for being on an alt? No. They can be perfectly legitimate, though I personally don't trust them, nor do I care to engage with them. 

This confuses me. It makes no sense.

I have an alt which has no payment info on file . The alt's account is... (checks)...  almost 6 years old, so he's not as old as your example - then again neither is my main account. 

Regardless of which account I'm logged in with, I am still me. Why am I (the RL me) trustworthy when logged into my main, but not when I am logged in as the alt? Even though I am exactly the same person?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I have an alt which has no payment info on file . The alt's account is... (checks)...  almost 6 years old, so he's not as old as your example - then again neither is my main account. 

Regardless of which account I'm logged in with, I am still me. Why am I (the RL me) trustworthy when logged into my main, but not when I am logged in as the alt? Even though I am exactly the same person?

Maybe the OP wants L$..and npiof implies no L$..?

25 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I agree that it makes no sense to look at someone's payment info for legitimacy.

But your example isn't a very good one because other people don't know that the two accounts belong to the same person, let alone what that person is like.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

6 hours ago, JoiMarie said:

The reason I want to get away from NPIOFs is mostly because when I am exploring/traveling I've encountered many NPIOFs who were aggressive. The post here that suggested they ask for sex immediately is just about came closest to the issue. They ask for everything- money, too. And do I think these people are actually new? Who would? Recall what it is to be a noob? How likely were you to bounce into SL and start immediately asking for sex and money? Not likely.

You don't hang around many newbie places. Asking where to get sex and where to get money are fairly common questions, though how to get a better avatar is probably the most common.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Maybe she's afraid someone might be cheating and with the alt there could never be anything stable to come out of it.  Whereas, with a person with PIOF may seem more likely to build a lasting relationship.

I really don't know.  I'm just kinda guessing.  

EDIT:  Although after writing the above it makes no sense what I wrote...because the person with PIOF can just poof too and go be their alts and/or cheat there too.  

It really doesn't make any sense...you are right.  

In SL, I think people need to realize they are entering more or less an "open relationship" in many cases.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

So, no matter how obvious it is, that they are on an alt, they are not trustworthy?

The reason why people got so heavly into discussing your reasons for wanting to block everyone without PIOF is, that there are basically two main options of it: a) desperate attempt to stop stalking/harassement or b) huge snob with lots of prejudice. The second option rubs people the wrong way and...is sadly not less likely than the first.

Others have said it already: Its not possible to do that, but I would say you should really consider if the benefit would be worth it for you. You would cut out a huge portion of SLs population.

Let me give you the quick response: Block them all and let God sort them out.

• Confused 5

I am, like many people here, puzzled over the continued obsession some feel about PIOF. When I am sizing someone up, I'll look at all the obvious things -- 2nd and 1st life tabs, groups, and picks -- but I don't think I've ever bothered to consciously and deliberately check to see if they are PIOF or not. I wouldn't know how to interpret that information if I did.

It's true that I've never been a landowner, or run a club, so I've not had to deal on a constant basis with "troublemakers," but I have run some fairly large events in SL, including one that lasted 16 days and certainly attracted its fair share of griefers, some of whom I did have to ban. I can't imagine doing so preemptively on the basis of no PIOF -- I'd have had to arbitrarily kick out half of the attendees.

I just don't see how this information is in any way really useful, at least in isolation, nor can I imagine any point in using this single bit of information as a determinant for, well, anything really.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.