Jump to content
JoiMarie

Can I stop NO PAYMENT ON FILE persons from IMing me?

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

No, it's unfriend you.

Hmmm. I'm going to have to disagree.

The prefix "un-" is most usually employed in English for adjectival forms: for instance, "unflattering," or "unworthy." On the other hand, "de-" usually appears in verbal forms: "I demystified the concept,"  or "This thread has been derailed."

Also, "un-" sounds uncomfortably close (see what I did there????) to Orwell's Newspeak, which I deplore as Double Plus Ungood.

57 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

The only time I threatened to unfriend someone was when they said Bob Dylan was not hot.

I am officially agnostic on this question.

I don't think I've ever actually defriended anyone in SL. Or, that I can think of, anywhere else for that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JoiMarie said:

Let me give you the quick response: Block them all and let God sort them out.

This makes zero sense. What the heck are you talking about?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

The only time I threatened to unfriend someone was when they said Bob Dylan was not hot.  

Dylan is not hot.

He wasn't in my parents vinyl collection, where I learned of Seeger, Guthrie, Prine, PP&M, Leadbelly, Odetta, Baez, and many others. By the time I caught Dylan on the radio (80s) his lyrics were unintelligible and people were parodying his voice. I first started turning the Dylan corner when my local public radio station started the show "It's Alright Ma, It's Only Music" featuring Dylan-loving DJ Bob Reitman (a Milwaukee radio fixture since before I was born). Dillon Levenque pushed me over the edge when she started a music sharing thread on her SL feed. Seven years and 10,000 shared songs later (we may be the only people to have hit the feed thread post count limit) I am now officially a Dylan fan...but Bob's still not hot.

Emmylou Harris is hot.

20 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Who said that? I'ma hunt 'em down. 

Bring it on, Fuzzy.

Until you catch me, here's the song that finally drove me into Dylanville...

...from which there is no escape.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Dylan is not hot.

He wasn't in my parents vinyl collection, where I learned of Seeger, Guthrie, Prine, PP&M, Leadbelly, Odetta, Baez, and many others. By the time I caught Dylan on the radio (80s) his lyrics were unintelligible and people were parodying his voice. I first started turning the Dylan corner when my local public radio station started the show "It's Alright Ma, It's Only Music" featuring Dylan-loving DJ Bob Reitman (a Milwaukee radio fixture since before I was born). Dillon Levenque pushed me over the edge when she started a music sharing thread on her SL feed. Seven years and 10,000 shared songs later (we may be the only people to have hit the feed thread post count limit) I am now officially a Dylan fan...but Bob's still not hot.

Emmylou Harris is hot.

Bring it on, Fuzzy.

Until you catch me, here's the song that finally drove me into Dylanville...

...from which there is no escape.

Emmylou is hot too.  

If only I were her! 

Bob is the cutest so there!  I've loved Bob since I was about 5.

He is just the cutest in this video

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

He is just the cutest in this video

Ooooh... he is cute in that video. But that's not hot. I don't think I've ever seen him be hot. What would that look like?!

That video reminds me of another cutie (who can be hot)...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Dylan is not hot.

He wasn't in my parents vinyl collection, where I learned of Seeger, Guthrie, Prine, PP&M, Leadbelly, Odetta, Baez, and many others. By the time I caught Dylan on the radio (80s) his lyrics were unintelligible and people were parodying his voice. I first started turning the Dylan corner when my local public radio station started the show "It's Alright Ma, It's Only Music" featuring Dylan-loving DJ Bob Reitman (a Milwaukee radio fixture since before I was born). Dillon Levenque pushed me over the edge when she started a music sharing thread on her SL feed. Seven years and 10,000 shared songs later (we may be the only people to have hit the feed thread post count limit) I am now officially a Dylan fan...but Bob's still not hot.

Emmylou Harris is hot.

Bring it on, Fuzzy.

Until you catch me, here's the song that finally drove me into Dylanville...

...from which there is no escape.

I have 4 legs, you have two. You're right, there is no escape. I have sharp teeth and claws. And you look yummy.

wolves-licking-their-lips.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Ooooh... he is cute in that video. But that's not hot. I don't think I've ever seen him be hot. What would that look like?!

That video reminds me of another cutie (who can be hot)...

 

Oh my gahhhhhhh...ALL my Dylan photos are on my laptop...I'll have to access that Dylan photo library later...

I think he is adorable, the cutest and hot in this video...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I have 4 legs, you have two. You're right, there is no escape. I have sharp teeth and claws. And you look yummy.

wolves-licking-their-lips.jpg

...sets you on fire and waits for you to be well done.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...sets you on fire and waits for you to be well done.

So you are one of those that like gamey predator meat. Somehow that just seems so fitting.  ;)

51f6d22a6302fb6cc959a6a9dbcda460.jpg

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

So you are one of those that like gamey predator meat. Somehow that just seems so fitting.  ;)

51f6d22a6302fb6cc959a6a9dbcda460.jpg

I'm actually nearly vegetarian, but still can't resist the aroma of a crispy critter now and then. When asked what my "survivor food" would be, I say "the onion". With onions and fire, everything else becomes edible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...