What are you watching today?

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Heresies Ep. 3 (CLIP): Enough Britain Bashing. Here Are Some Reasons To Be Proud.

Well that's not a subtle dog whistle at all. Nope. Not one bit. Not in the least bit subtle.

That guy in the video is Peter Whittle, staunch brexiteer and leader of the "New Culture Forum" far right think tank (that operates out of the same London based broom cupboard as Civitas, a more overtly racist, xenophobic and Islamophobic think tank).

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Well that's not a subtle dog whistle at all. Nope. Not one bit. Not in the least bit subtle.

That guy in the video is Peter Whittle, staunch brexiteer and leader of the "New Culture Forum" far right think tank (that operates out of the same London based broom cupboard as Civitas, a more overtly racist, xenophobic and Islamophobic think tank).

I don't know what you mean by dog whistle, nor do I care.  I'm not going to get into an argument about Brexit (which I voted for on a matter of sovereignty) or the New Culture Forum, which I watch sometimes for its concern for tradition and decency.  I posted that video because I agree with what it's saying.  It's praising invention, discovery, and hard work on the part of my nation.  I think it absolutely reasonable for anyone to post something in praise of their nation's achievements.  So find something about your ancestors that you wish to praise.

Shota Hayafuji pays his respect to the land that gave to his player Hideki Matsuyama

i don't watch any golf hardly at all, just follow what Lydia Ko is doing pretty much. But yeah this act of humble respect is pretty special

shota hayafuji.jpg

Edited by Mollymews
typs

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the whole series.  Beautiful things to look at, yes, and plenty of chiaroscuro, but the leads play woodenly, except for Giancarlo Giannini.  It's as though they were paralysed by the importance of the subject matter.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Link wasn't working.

I put this movie on yesterday to go to sleep to and slept pretty good..

I think I'm gonna try it again today..

This is one of those movies I will watch again and not get tired of.. I think it's because I have met someone similar to just about everyone in this movie.. hehehe

I meet a lot of people at my job..

• Like 2