Jump to content

What are you watching today?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My viewing habits have gone off the rails. I watch videos on youtube like a street food vendor making a ham and eggs sandwich, then an episode of Blue Planet. I watched the new IT movie. Still not sca

Because when I flipped on my TV this morning this one popped up. So. Now we move forward.  

Posted Images

I've just been watching really interesting things in nature on youtube..

These Asian bee's are the only ones that do this.. it's really wild.

Nature is so awesome. I love the differences in the different societies in a species.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This was my oldest sons favorite movie that had to be started over every time it finished, all day long..

He didn't sit and watch it all day long, but he just had to have it on when he was playing or doing activities like drawing..

I can't even count the amount of times I've seen it.. But , I haven't seen it since he was 3 years old and I came across a clip on youtube and it made me miss this movie always playing in the background..

So when I went to sleep I put it on and fell right to sleep about a quarter of the way in..

It really is a good movie..  I just remember how he used to say his name all the time.. Shmosis Jones!! Shmosis Jones!!

  hehehe

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched the latest on a channel I've followed for some time but haven't yet mentioned - it's been a secret pleasure, and not my usual fare.  I just like her style, and the way she addresses her audience as "my dear elegant ladies". :) 

p.s. I've never seen 'Sex and the City' but it looks like fun.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I just watched the latest on a channel I've followed for some time but haven't yet mentioned - it's been a secret pleasure, and not my usual fare.  I just like her style, and the way she addresses her audience as "my dear elegant ladies". :) 

p.s. I've never seen 'Sex and the City' but it looks like fun.

 

Anna Bey? Been following her for years! I do not consider her my idol but I admire her for the most part.

And I learned a huge chunk of my English from watching Sex and the City lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chassie Rowley said:

Netflix is currently showing this documentary. After viewing it, I won't watch "Beverly Hills Cop" the same way.

 

They made a movie about this guy,

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They made a movie about this guy,

 

Yes they did but the documentary digs deeper. The comment of 'Beverly Hills Cop' refers to Det. Gil Hill (credited in the B.H.C. movie as Gilbert R. Hill playing the role of Inspector Todd, Axel Foleys immediate supervisor). In RL, he was a high ranking detective with the Detroit Police Dept and likely played a very large part to why White Boy was held for so long in prison.

Hill was a very dirty cop.

It's a fascinating presentation.

Edited by Chassie Rowley
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chassie Rowley said:

Yes they did but the documentary digs deeper. The comment of 'Beverly Hills Cop' refers to Det. Gil Hill (credited in the B.H.C. movie as Gilbert R. Hill playing the role of Inspector Todd, Axel Foleys immediate supervisor). In RL, he was a high ranking detective with the Detroit Police Dept and likely played a very large part to why White Boy was held for so long in prison.

Hill was a very dirty cop.

It's a fascinating presentation.

I just remember seeing the trailer before and that documentary you posted reminded me of it..

I didn't even realize it was a true story until your post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Heresies Ep. 3 (CLIP): Enough Britain Bashing. Here Are Some Reasons To Be Proud.

Well that's not a subtle dog whistle at all. Nope. Not one bit. Not in the least bit subtle.

That guy in the video is Peter Whittle, staunch brexiteer and leader of the "New Culture Forum" far right think tank (that operates out of the same London based broom cupboard as Civitas, a more overtly racist, xenophobic and Islamophobic think tank).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Well that's not a subtle dog whistle at all. Nope. Not one bit. Not in the least bit subtle.

That guy in the video is Peter Whittle, staunch brexiteer and leader of the "New Culture Forum" far right think tank (that operates out of the same London based broom cupboard as Civitas, a more overtly racist, xenophobic and Islamophobic think tank).

I don't know what you mean by dog whistle, nor do I care.  I'm not going to get into an argument about Brexit (which I voted for on a matter of sovereignty) or the New Culture Forum, which I watch sometimes for its concern for tradition and decency.  I posted that video because I agree with what it's saying.  It's praising invention, discovery, and hard work on the part of my nation.  I think it absolutely reasonable for anyone to post something in praise of their nation's achievements.  So find something about your ancestors that you wish to praise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...