Are you excited for the movie Terminator: Dark Fate?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm excited for the movie. I wonder what James Cameron (as the producer) has up his sleeve for the Terminator franchise. From the trailers I'm getting hints that transhumanism will be an important theme in the movie that will be explored (from Grace's cybernetically-enhanced human character to the more human-like Terminators.) I think that's a reason to be excited about the movie.

No. Arnold is too old now.

I really wanted to see the Amazon "Snow Crash" series, but it's back in development hell, as are, apparently, all the long format SF projects Amazon had planned. They were going to do Snow Crash, Ringworld, and some other hard SF classics.

It's the true sequel to Terminator 1 and 2 with  producer/director James Cameron returning to guide the original characters. Cameron has an efficient and competent storytelling formula which creates reliably entertaining films. E.g. Terminator, Terminator 2, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar, Alita Battle Angel. 

It's the Next Thing after 3D and turning Disney cartoons into live action movies: Digging Up Old Corpses and Put them Back on front of the Camera. Next year brings us Top Gun 2, Rambo 4. The Shining 2 and many many others. I kid you not. Why? Because, $$$. Let's lure in those Gen X-ers and relive the 80s. Because people don't like new things.

228ce8e842ec9c5c384c4de0ea20aff0.png.eeb1d4d20de99ba91554a060cb8a0389.png

But mostly $$$.

It's only a matter of time until Titanic 2.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I may be reaching here but Titanic could be considered "Titanic 2".

James Cameron has gone on record recounting that he lifted ideas, scenes, dialog from the movie "A Night to Remember" (1958) which chronicled the christening of the ship and fateful voyage. A UK production, filmed in black and white, used actual survivors for guidance and consults. It features David McCallum ("The Man from Uncle" and currently Ducky on "NCIS") as the assistant wireless operator Harold Bride, and the late Bernard Fox who has the distinction of appearing in both versions as lookout Frederic Fleet [uncredited] on 'Night...' and as Col Archibald Gracie on "Titanic". Take away the romantic angle of Rose and Jack, you get "A Night to Remember" with better production and in color.

Again, I'm reaching but I personally prefer "A Night to Remember" over "Titanic" any day or night.

5 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

It's the Next Thing after 3D and turning Disney cartoons into live action movies: Digging Up Old Corpses and Put them Back on front of the Camera. Next year brings us Top Gun 2, Rambo 4. The Shining 2 and many many others. I kid you not. Why? Because, $$$. Let's lure in those Gen X-ers and relive the 80s. Because people don't like new things.

228ce8e842ec9c5c384c4de0ea20aff0.png.eeb1d4d20de99ba91554a060cb8a0389.png

But mostly $$$.

They even made a sequel of Brave Heart.. Brave Heart Robert The Bruce..

The only one that came back from the first one was the guy playing Robert the Bruce. Plus it's not a Mel Gibson film..

It actually looked more on the level of a netflix series quality more than movie quality.

They really should have left this one alone..  A family takes him in after he is injured and then they are going to take on the army coming for Robert the Bruce..

hehehe

2 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I may be reaching here but Titanic could be considered "Titanic 2".

I mean Titanic Z, in which Zombie Jack has to carry the enormous weight of the Heart of the Ocean around his neck at the bottom of the ocean, until Rose lifts his curse by generating 1.21 Jigowatts and travelling back in time and putting the ship's band back together to guide him to the Altlantic Rift, in the midst of which rises the Black Smoker of Doom, to drop it in it's superheated chasm from whence it came.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I mean Titanic Z, in which Zombie Jack has to carry the enormous weight of the Heart of the Ocean around his neck at the bottom of the ocean, until Rose lifts his curse by generating 1.21 Jigowatts and travelling back in time and putting the ship's band back together to guide him to the Altlantic Rift, in the midst of which rises the Black Smoker of Doom, to drop it in it's superheated chasm from whence it came.

Is this a joke? I want to see this! Don't joke like this!!!11!1!!ONE!!

20 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I stand corrected.

Told ya I was reaching.

19 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Which one had a better band playing while the ship sank?

That's a matter of interpretation. Both represent a very solemn moment during the sinking.

Personally, I'd go with Cameron's "Titanic", but still prefer "A Night to Remember" overall.

"A Night to Remember"

"Titanic"

• Like 1

Please tell me someone here has also seen the not-even-a-b-rated-movie Titanic II (2010) like I have.

It's so terrible, and terrible movies like that (b-rated and less, lol) are one of my greatest guilty pleasures.  But it's not like the real one, except it involves a boat, and people, and it sinks. Hmmm...

I love all Asylum films, btw, if you're wondering what I mean by b-rated, look up Asylum films ;) 

Edited by Tari Landar
Had to put the trailer in :p
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Please tell me someone here has also seen the not-even-a-b-rated-movie Titanic II (2010) like I have.

It's so terrible, and terrible movies like that (b-rated and less, lol) are one of my greatest guilty pleasures.  But it's not like the real one, except it involves a boat, and people, and it sinks. Hmmm...

I love all Asylum films, btw, if you're wondering what I mean by b-rated, look up Asylum films ;) 

IMDb gives it a whole 1.6/10 rating from 10,117 voters.

That's an accomplishment all by itself.

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.